Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    I cited no statistics. I said that 10% is the expected norm even for bad service. I provided a reputable source that confirmed it.

I've also never claimed to be an expert once in this thread. It's not hard to disprove all your nonsense, you're trying to come up with stuff to fit your opinions, while my opinions are based on actual information. Just like your sewer worker bullshit, that was disproved in a matter of seconds, doesn't take an expert to spend a minute reading a job requirements posting for a reputable employer.
    lol, yet you come across as someone who does, won't listen to anyone who has actually worked in a restaurant and has the real world experience in one. One has to wonder who is making up stuff to come up with their own perconceived conclusions and who is cherry picking various interweb statistics to their own far-fetched theories.

edit: and using a bad tv series to back up their claims.....brilliant.....
    Last edited by anyaka21; 2013-09-06 at 10:40 PM.

Classic "I can't prove my claims so I'll just make some shit up and /hittip and leave the thread."

Pro-tip: pointing out the truth (calling someone a braggart) isn't ad hominem. It was a cute attempt, though.

And you claim to have worked in a restaurant? ...'nuff said.
    Sad for you but I'm still here...

Classic: "I'll just call everyone everyone a 'liar' and say I win because you can't prove your 'experience' on an mmo-c forum"

Pro-Tip: Don't make up fake quotes and attribute them to people when you don't even know who they are or what their background is.

And what does "/hittip" even mean?

Anyways is it safe to say that we can sum up your assertion in this thread that anyone who does an "unskilled" job deserves minimum wage and no more? That they should quit their whining and expect anymore for doing a job anyone can do regardless of how well someone else may or may not do it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Oh, it's a TV show? If that's the case let me say...

Hahaha
    Yeah, no one in this thread has ever worked in a restaurant other than McDonalds.

TV show...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You're in Southern California... which means the USA.

You do realize that American resturaunts deliberately pay wait staff disgustingly below minimum wage BECAUSE they're expected to literally "work for tips", right? As in, if they don't get tipped - they don't make money - PERIOD.
    Not in California. Minimum wage is the same in California whether you work in a Restaurant, Grocery Store, Movie Theater, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybrains View Post
    Anyways is it safe to say that we can sum up your assertion in this thread that anyone who does an "unskilled" job deserves minimum wage and no more? That they should quit their whining and expect anymore for doing a job anyone can do regardless of how well someone else may or may not do it?
    So, you're all riled up because you're offended that I think service industry employees who demand tips are entitled babies?

Thought so.

You sure this isn't your second account NYC? The parroting and unoriginality sure does have your signature.

Yeah, no one in this thread has ever worked in a restaurant other than McDonalds.

TV show...lol

Do you even realize the hilarious absurdity of your position, that whatever Kitchen Confidential you're referring to, has any relevance to someone's work experience? Are you that oblivious?

Oh man, keep going down this path. It is yellow-brick-road, epic.

Do you even realize the hilarious absurdity of your position, that whatever Kitchen Confidential you're referring to, has any relevance to someone's work experience? Are you that oblivious?

Oh man, keep going down this path. It is yellow-brick-road, epic.
    Well, you've suggested that your anecdotes are more relevant than the suggestions of a billion dollar company, it comes as no surprise to me that you think your anecdotes are more poignant than that of a real industry professional.

Keep 'em coming.

Well, you've suggested that your anecdotes are more relevant than the suggestions of a billion dollar company, it comes as no surprise to me that you think your anecdotes are more poignant than that of a real industry professional.

Keep 'em coming.
    Except, that's not your argument. Your argument is that not knowing the reference of "Kitchen Confidential" disproves my employment and experience within the industry. That's a serious argument you just made.

Keep those goal posts riiiiight about...here.

Except, that's not your argument. Your argument is that not knowing the reference of "Kitchen Confidential" disproves my employment and experience within the industry. That's a serious argument you just made.

Keep those goal posts riiiiight about...here.
    Oh, you mean arbitrary qualifications aren't accepted around here? I thought that was your thing, make some shit up, claim people aren't qualified based on your criteria, and then pat yourself on the back.

So, you're all riled up because you're offended that I think service industry employees who demand tips are entitled babies?

Thought so.

You sure this isn't your second account NYC? The parroting and unoriginality sure does have your signature.
    Are you deliberately ignoring my question? Did I accurately sum up your assertion correctly about wages for "unskilled labor" jobs?

You are so eager to hit that reply button and start mashing the keyboard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this NYC17 still attention grabbing in this thread?

Nothing new or insightful could possibly be added to this thread, much like the George Zimmerman Thread. It's time to move along.

Oh, you mean arbitrary qualifications aren't accepted around here? I thought that was your thing, make some shit up, claim people aren't qualified based on your criteria, and then pat yourself on the back.
    What's arbitrary about someone exhibiting(or not) a very clear, basic knowledge of the industry they wish to discuss, and potential damage to the industry? Naturally, there can be levels of knowledge that are set by arbitrary requirements, and are therefore arbitrary, but you have displayed zero knowledge. Therefore, how are you even to know what is arbitrary or not?

Round and round we go, when you'll realize your limitations, nobody knows!

Thought so.

Just so you know most waiters/waitresses make like $2-3 an hour and the rest is made up by tips(in normal restaurants, not sure but really highend), with the employer having to make up the difference if they end making less than minimum wage. I always tip, I get more irritated that I have to pay for the meal and pay a good portion of the companies labor cost too.

What's arbitrary about someone exhibiting(or not) a very clear, basic knowledge of the industry they wish to discuss, and potential damage to the industry? Naturally, there can be levels of knowledge that are set by arbitrary requirements, and are therefore arbitrary, but you have displayed zero knowledge. Therefore, how are you even to know what is arbitrary or not?

Round and round we go, when you'll realize your limitations, nobody knows!
    Frankly, you can't prove that you have the experience to judge whether or not I even have this lack of experience your suggesting. Funny how that works, huh? I could just say "I put myself through college waiting tables" and I have just as much credibility as you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybrains View Post
    Are you deliberately ignoring my question? Did I accurately sum up your assertion correctly about wages for "unskilled labor" jobs?

You are so eager to hit that reply button and start mashing the keyboard.
    Let's see: it's a job anyone is qualified for, that requires no training, skills or experience.

Yeah, I think that about sums up waiting tables and why it's an unskilled job that earns unskilled labor wages. Consider yourself lucky if you get tips, people who work at McDonalds that perform the same exact job don't get that luxury.

Frankly, you can't prove that you have the experience to judge whether or not I even have this lack of experience your suggesting. Funny how that works, huh? I could just say "I put myself through college waiting tables" and I have just as much credibility as you do.
    Actually, I've already explained to you that anyone with experience in the industry could read our exchanges and easily discern my credibility. Or, they could ask me questions if they'd like. Either way, you still don't qualify.

So, now that we've closed that particular loophole, any chance you want to answer the initial basic question? Naaaaaahhhh

Actually, I've already explained to you that anyone with experience in the industry could read our exchanges and easily discern my credibility. Or, they could ask me questions if they'd like. Either way, you still don't qualify.

So, now that we've closed that particular loophole, any chance you want to answer the initial basic question? Naaaaaahhhh
    You mean, ask you basic questions that anyone can answer? Yeah, that's reeaaallll credible.

You ever going to post that proof, or you going to continue just jerking everyone around since you've been caught as a bullshitter?

You mean, ask you basic questions that anyone can answer? Yeah, that's reeaaallll credible.

You ever going to post that proof, or you going to continue just jerking everyone around since you've been caught as a bullshitter?
    Everyone, or just you? You're the only one who seems to think it is reasonable to question someone's statement about being a waiter while they put themselves through college(haha). It's such an outlandish claim, that you must have proof dammit! You can't be serious with this shit, haha.

I don't think you understand which side of the situation you're on here. You have displayed no qualifications. None. Zero. Zilch. You have offered no compelling reason as to why anyone should trust your ability to distinguish whether the "proof" is credible. Your "Kitchen Confidential" argument, as well as your other absurdities in this thread only underscore your shortcomings in this area.

Since you demand "proof", then deride any avenue towards providing that proof, it seems like you're more interested in bloviating and eyerolling than anything else. Surprisingly, your entertainment value has remained pretty far up there. I'm curious to see how long it can last now.

Everyone, or just you? You're the only one who seems to think it is reasonable to question someone's statement about being a waiter while they put themselves through college(haha). It's such an outlandish claim, that you must have proof dammit! You can't be serious with this shit, haha.

I don't think you understand which side of the situation you're on here. You have displayed no qualifications. None. Zero. Zilch. You have offered no compelling reason as to why anyone should trust your ability to distinguish whether the "proof" is credible. Your "Kitchen Confidential" argument, as well as your other absurdities in this thread only underscore your shortcomings in this area.

Since you demand "proof", then deride any avenue towards providing that proof, it seems like you're more interested in bloviating and eyerolling than anything else. Surprisingly, your entertainment value has remained pretty far up there. I'm curious to see how long it can last now.
    No, just your claims. You're a proven braggart, so I don't trust anything that comes out of your mouth. You make shit up all the time to support your claims, whats stopping you from doing the same here?

Just post the proof, end the suspense, and we can move on.

But, you won't do that. Because you don't have anything other than more anecdotal bullshit.

No, just your claims. You're a proven braggart, so I don't trust anything that comes out of your mouth. You make shit up all the time to support your claims, whats stopping you from doing the same here?

Just post the proof, end the suspense, and we can move on.

But, you won't do that. Because you don't have anything other than more anecdotal bullshit.
    How exactly do you know if I "make shit up all the time" exactly? Oh right, you're projecting. You do understand that you providing proof to yourself of someone being a "braggart" doesn't really have the impact you think it does, don't you? Talk about baseless accusations, whoa. You're also under the misguided belief that your trust is of any concern or carries any weight.

Post your ability to comprehend the proof with clear knowledge of the restaurant industry and I'll be happy to oblige. I've said this repeatedly. You overestimate your importance here.

I dont understand why you either dont just make tips included in the price or make them mandatory - ie also included in the price but with small writing.

I mean - i hear you guys have your products with some price and then you go to the counter and only THEN do they add VAT. How about including that shit in the price in the aisle.