Deleted

the Afterlife (do you have a personal view/grasp on it?)

When I think of Death I'm RELIEVED,it lightens my spirits up,gives me hope.There's nothing to fear from death.Death is a liberation,from yourself,your feelings,everything.
    There might not be any loved ones,or friends in death,but there won't be any pain or suffering.Nothing.
    No one in the entire world knows whats waiting for us out there.
    But I believe the answer is very easy,and logical.

Death is a return to the nothingness.Time,feelings,consciousness,it all disappears.
    Think about it,you've been ''dead'' for millions of years before you were born.Before we were born,what we were then,that is what we will become again.
    And of course we don't remember anything,as there is nothing to remember,we were just a part of the nothingness of the universe.
    When we die we go back to being part of everything,millions of years will fly by...will we awaken again?That is the question.My question at least.

Do you think you know the answer to the afterlife?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    the Afterlife (do you have a personal view/grasp on it?)

There is none.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how you rationalize nothing and being part of nothing, as well as a possibility of return. Being part of nothing, seems like an oxymoron.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Time is far more elastic then we think, in the moment before you die you collapse into a world of your own creation forever. If you truly believe you're going to Heaven/Hell/Philadelphia then you do.

I don't really believe this since I have nothing to base it on other then some taoist philosophies and the book hard boiled wonderland, but I like it better then most options.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

15+ Year Old Account
    i´ve been there, boring as fuck, so i came back
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Time is far more elastic then we think, in the moment before you die you collapse into a world of your own creation forever. If you truly believe you're going to Heaven/Hell/Philadelphia then you do.

I don't really believe this since I have nothing to base it on other then some taoist philosophies and the book hard boiled wonderland, but I like it better then most options.
    It's also Timothy Leary's theory, where he believed the moment of death activates a defense mechanism, where you are in a dream state. Perception of time is distorted in dreams, so the belief is that you dream for what might feel like eternity, in that instant of death.

I like the theories that focus on time as not being real, because it does not fit the grand unified theory. If time isn't real, but is us feeling the effects of gravity and inertia, it would validate above concepts.
    Last edited by Felya; 2014-01-17 at 04:35 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Deleted
    There is no such thing as ghosts, they are just residual psychic emanations.

i don't know what's there, and so far nobody can tell me 100% what is there. so i'm scared of it and will avoid it until either A: i need to kill myself before i hurt someone due to my mental state, 2: it's out of my hands and i can't escape, or potato: science or an afterlife spirit comes down to tell me what happens and it's something not scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    I don't understand how you rationalize nothing and being part of nothing, as well as a possibility of return. Being part of nothing, seems like an oxymoron.

As weird as it sounds,''nothing'' is something.

I don't believe there is some magical paradise we'll end up on, nor do I believe there is a deity watching every move of the Universe. I don't think we'll ever truly know what happens after death, but I don't think any religion / belief at the moment covers what really happens.

Deleted
    Well we were ''nothing'' for an unknown amount of time.what exactly were we before being born?we were certainly not human,we might have been everything at the same time,but from what we were we emerged into a consciousness once,if we did it once,why would it not happen again?

The afterlife is the ripples you create in the ocean that is the living.

the afterlife is for religious people

as someone who believes in science, you only live once, so enjoy it whilst you've got it

edit: to the post above - indeed. your soul lives on in the lives of others, but not if everybody hates you.
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post

There is none.
    that's really all there is to it. when you die, you cease to exist. completely and forever. gone.

Deleted
    Well we were ''nothing'' for an unknown amount of time.what exactly we were before being born,we were certainly not human,we might have been everything at the same time,but from what we were we emerged into consciousness once,if we did it once,why would it not happen again?
    We weren't "nothing". We weren't anything. We weren't, period.

A sperm cell fertilized an egg. The resulting cell started to divide. The process continued until the electric and chemical processes in your brain were such that thoughts started to take place. Eventually these thoughts lead to sentience. That's how you began your life. Before that, there was no you, in any form.

Deleted
    IMO, When the light's go out, that's it Game over. No do over, No Mulligan, No insert Coin for extra lives.
    Just nothingness, complete and total oblivion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    We weren't "nothing". We weren't anything. We weren't, period.

A sperm cell fertilized an egg. The resulting cell started to divide. The process continued until the electric and chemical processes in your brain were such that thoughts started to take place. Eventually these thoughts lead to sentience. That's how you began your life. Before that, there was no you, in any form.
    Yes that's exactly what I mean.
    When I said ''what exactly we were before being born'' I didn't mean that we were something that we know of,but we were something,be it a nothingness in the universe,or a part of the unconscious everything,what we were before being born is what we will be when we die.I do believe that being nothing is being something,something that we do not understand yet.

Deleted
    Yes that's exactly what I mean.
    When I said ''what exactly we were before being born'' I didn't mean that we were something that we know of,but we were something,be it a nothingness in the universe,or a part of the unconscious everything,what we were before being born is what we will be when we die.I do believe that being nothing is being something,something that we do not understand yet.
    It's not exactly what you mean, since you keep going on about how "we" were this and that. The "we", or "you" or "I", begins at sentience. There is no "we", "you" nor "I" before that. So yeah, it's exactly the opposite of what you mean.

It's also Timothy Leary's theory, where he believed the moment of death activates a defense mechanism, where you are in a dream state. Perception of time is distorted in dreams, so the belief is that you dream for what might feel like eternity, in that instant of death.

I like the theories that focus on time as not being real, because it does not fit the grand unified theory. If time isn't real, but is us feeling the effects of gravity and inertia, it would validate above concepts.
    what's the evidence that there is time?

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow discussion of religion and since the afterlife is predominantly a religious concept, I have to close this.