Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    lol.

Did you by chance read the War of the ancients trilogy? Knaak writes Rhonin and illidan as these army destroying mages who might as well by shooting out ki attacks with little effort.

While the Last guardian is about medihv who this wicked powerful wizard, but he never casts explosions or anything on the scale of Rhonin or Illidan. Just kills a couple orcs and some footsoldiers.

Antonidas probably the most powerful wizard since medihv who probably still more powerful than Jaina didn't go using nuke attacks on the scourge. and was even slain by arthas.

So people's perception of what a powerful mage can do is messed up in WoW. to me a powerful mage like jaina can shoot 100's of normal size fireballs before tiring or cast a large explosion that could take out a small fort but leaving her exhausted. While others think she make a crater out of org with a flick of the finger.
    They had the well of eternity, and all that happened after they took the blocking spell off of it from the highborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Because it's a game, not a movie.
    Pretty much this... Why didn't Mekkatorque, Magni and Bolvar team up way back in vanilla to liberate Gnomeregan? Why didn't Tirion solo all the bosses (aside from Arthas) in ICC? I mean he nearly 1 shot the LK on various occasions, the rest of the scourge should be NP. Why is SFK filled with NPCs who just watch you kill Godfrey & co? Why didn't Vol'jin, Baine, Varian or any other leaders beat DW together with Thrall and the aspects? Was the world being on the verge of destruction not important enough for them?

Because lollore, right? No, because there would be next to no content available, I mean... That's pretty fucking obvious isn't it? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    She has the Thunder King's power in her staff and the focusing iris. Just shit on the whole city in 10 minutes and call it a day. Or are thousands of needless alliance casualties a better alternative because lollore
    She almost did already, before she even had the Thunder King's power. If you read the novel she almost wiped Orgimmar out until she was convinced not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    Halls Of Reflection - Heroic: She's completely overpowered by him, he's way stronger than her. (And also something that entirely counters magic users like her according to WoW lore, a death knight)

Also stronger than her, but we manage to overpower him and give Jaina a portion of his power if you have read the quests.

I hope you are kidding....Jaina is good at casting spells, Deathwing had the power to destroy the world single-handedly...there is no comparison.

Doesn't look like you've paid much attention those those boss fights other than Lei Shen it seems.
    You apparently didn't read who i was responding to....

10+ Year Old Account
    So if it was up to you we would get no raid in 5.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpath View Post
    They had the well of eternity, and all that happened after they took the blocking spell off of it from the highborn.
    Everyone had the well of Eternity... but you didn't see anyone besides Rhonin and illidan who started off as a weakling with the well of eternity blowing up everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    We're not undeveloped heroes, we're one of millions of people clearing the same instance every week, and what about LFR? The majority of them are special children spamming random attacks. Lei Shen could have hit us with lightning once and sent millions of volts through our bodies killing us instantly, Deathwing could have stood on us?

Of course I'm being a little to literal here, but I've never been able to take raiding seriously lore wise, a puny mortal warrior can survive a hit from something 5000x the size of him just because he's specced prot?
    According to wow, we play the powerful group of adventurers who take on the baddies. If this was a bioware game, we'd have interactions and stuff. There's not millions of them, but just a small handful lore wise.

but i do agree wow makes no sense lore wise, what villain is gonna sit there throwing everything they have at the one guy with a shield that never melts while 24 others beat the crap out of them for 5-10 minutes... while their allies wait on other rooms to get the same treatment.(game mechanics>lore)

In w2 you have a small army fight deathwing, you win... but in the books that makes no sense at all... so kadgar uses a simple magic trick on him and wins.

but my point though, if you're saying we're randoms with swords and axes and are no where near as powerful as her... then she better start saving F'n day more often.

lol.

Did you by chance read the War of the ancients trilogy? Knaak writes Rhonin and illidan as these army destroying mages who might as well by shooting out ki attacks with little effort.

While the Last guardian is about medihv who this wicked powerful wizard, but he never casts explosions or anything on the scale of Rhonin or Illidan. Just kills a couple orcs and some footsoldiers.

Antonidas probably the most powerful wizard since medihv who probably still more powerful than Jaina didn't go using nuke attacks on the scourge. and was even slain by arthas.

So people's perception of what a powerful mage can do is messed up in WoW. to me a powerful mage like jaina can shoot 100's of normal size fireballs before tiring or cast a large explosion that could take out a small fort but leaving her exhausted. While others think she make a crater out of org with a flick of the finger.
    Antonidas wasn't even close to Medivh. Rhonin was stronger then Jaina. Jaina is definitely stronger then Antonidas was. Khadger is probably the only mage close to Jainas powers since Krasus and Rhonin died, or imo transported themselves to somewhere else, it is within Jainas power to destroy Orgrimar her tidal wave would have but that was with the iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Antonidas wasn't even close to Medivh. Rhonin was stronger then Jaina. Jaina is definitely stronger then Antonidas was. Khadger is probably the only mage close to Jainas powers since Krasus and Rhonin died, or imo transported themselves to somewhere else, it is within Jainas power to destroy Orgrimar her tidal wave would have but that was with the iris.
    Never said he was as powerful, but there is no way jaina touches Antonidas. Khadgar is probably way more powerful than either rhonin or Jaina. with jaina being the weakest of the group... thats all imo ofcourse which you can't disprove anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause Mages arent dragon ball z characters.

We'd all be waiting outside. we'd see garrosh plant her on a spike 10 minutes later.
    You should really read the book about Jaina, only reason why orgrimmar still stands is cause Thrall and Kalecgos got through to her and stopped her.
    There are still innocent people in orgrimmar which is why she can't do it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    I hope we get to kill her in 5.5
    This, also Heart of an old god>a bit of the thunder kings power (Remember wrathion got some power too).

Deleted
    I Don't really like how powerful Mages are in Lore, so the Alliance has a Mage that could wipe out Orgrimmar if she didn't have some morals? Who is the Horde Counterpart of a Hero that could, in theory, Wipe out a Capital Town on her/his own? Not trying to start a Flame war, i'm just curious (Please don't list Garrosh, he's gone barking mad, and Thrall only destroyed a Keep, while orgrimmar has more than one keep + Various houses/Barracks)

Quote Originally Posted by DJKalteraphine View Post
    No, but wouldn't it be amazing if Jaina WAS a DBZ character?
    i44.tinypic.com/fc396q.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Because as female character in WoW, her power is lowered by 99% outside of kitchen. And org, doesnt look like kitchen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    Because power shouldn't be used for power's sake. Then she'd just be Deathwing 2.0. Imagine if USSR/USA had just dropped the bomb because they could during the Cold War.

Actually... that would be pretty cool. Have we ever seen a villain in WoW that thinks they're doing the right thing, ala Ozymandias? Probably not. Everything seems to be 'corruption'. I'd like to see an evil Jaina convinced of her righteousness.
    Arthas did horrible things before Ner'zhul spoke to him and pretty much only even got corrupted because of his twisted convictions. The Infinites and Murozond were all acting on their own volition out of a skewed sense of righteousness, Garrosh is pretty much the same deal. Arguably the Mogu count as they take their conviction in doing what they were created to do to the grave (although they were inherently flawed and pretty much unable to be anything but cruel when they gained sapience). For all his extra limbs and glowing tattoos, Illidan was pretty much a "takes the easy way to power instead of earning it and expects respect" guy from the get-go and never really changed that. I could go on, but you get the idea. There are plenty villains who didn't need a powerful entity of madness whispering to them in Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    Because old god powers trump Titanic watcher powers. So Garrosh is walking around Org with the much larger Epeen.
    This dont forget Garrosh is a BadAss with Old god powers. and ,if the Blues are to be believed, hes CONTROLLING the Heart not being controlled by it, so that takes some sort of badass power as well.

You're all forgetting, she doesn't need to use magic to level Org.... I'm still banking on the fact that she can just crater Dalaran into it.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ironfists View Post
    I hope we get to kill her in 5.5
    Because she was the only one to stand up to the Horde in MoP?

Yeah. I don't think so.

because it would be detrimental to the story to assume that she is more powerful than a raid group, combine that with the fact that she isnt doing it, we must conclude that she is not able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Because she was the only one to stand up to the Horde in MoP?
    No, because unstable character with such power is retarded concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that's not how the game works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?