Poll: Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    People lagged in neutral cities?
    It seems. Don't think I've lagged in a city since lagforge in vanilla, but then, I got a new box right as BC hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Except all of the story lines prior to MoP pretty much HAD the Alliance and Horde teaming up to fight a bigger threat. There was no Horde/Alliance conflict in TBC at all. Other than the Wrathgate debacle, there was hardly any lore Alliance/Horde conflict in WotLK either. Even in Cataclysm, the whole thing was "band together to help stop Deathwing" in the end. Putting in a new city for Cataclysm just wouldn't have made much sense, as there would be no "central location" to plop it down.

I think Dalaran had the right idea with the Alliance/Horde districts set up.

Plus the Alliance's one was better.
    i did always envy that ally side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canderous1 View Post
    if there is one id prefer one like dal where there are seperate areas and combined areas.
    Yeah, I liked that system as well. Made it feel like there was some hord vs alliance still going on, even though there was a shared city.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    The war officially resumed when Garrosh got "into office" and went bazonkers.
    And it should stay that way. It should be an all out war between the alliance and the horde.

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind a neutral city, I like em.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Yes, ad infinitum. It would be glorious...

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral cities were so cool because you get to see a lot more people in the city rather than your own faction, you can actually see people form the other faction, it gives it more of a bigger world feel, makes you feel like there's more people. Shattrath was my favorite and still is to this day, sometimes I'll go and chill there instead of Orgrimmar because it brings back memories. Neutral cities are badass.

I'd like a neutral city as long as it actually is a neutral city as opposed to an Alliance city that was converted to neutrality.

While Shattrath was no longer administered by the Draenei who eventually signed on with the Alliance, it was still more closely associated with the Alliance then the Horde. Dalaran was an even more extreme example, since it was a historically Alliance city that was opened to the Horde to deal with very specific current events. In Cataclysm Blizzard went straight back to treating Dalaran as Alliance-aligned, which created a whole bunch of continuity problems.

Rather ironically, were it not for the focus on war this expansion, the Pandaren would of been more the capable of providing a legitimately neutral city in MoP.

Without knowing what expansion 5 is, it's difficult to be sure what a truly neutral city would be. But all that really matters is that it doesn't have a significantly stronger connection to one faction over the other.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion or do you rather have a Alliance/Horde only city?
    I want Horde and Alliance only cities. I'm still waiting for this whole Horde/Alliance war that was promised. If they honestly say 5.1 was it then man did that suck. Blizzard employees should go back and play some Warcraft 1 and 2 to get a sense of scale in warfare. They can't sell these few daily quests as "this is full scale warfare".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I'd like a neutral city as long as it actually is a neutral city as opposed to an Alliance city that was converted to neutrality.
    Yeah, this happens because Horde cities get retconned out of existance. Blackrock Mountain? Retconned. Auchindoun? Retconned. Black Temple? Retconned.
    Neutral cities have the same problem as neutral heroes... if the Horde doesn't have an equivalent it turns out that the Alliance should share theirs.

Absolutely not.

What i really want is all the vendors in all the cities so i am not stuck having to go to Orgrimmar for everything. I would love to get Xmog and Reforge NPC's in other cities.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if it's neutral or for both factions. I just want actual cities back, no more dinky houses with trade chat.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Hate neutral cities... hate seeing filthy alliance without permission to kill them.. I would vote the opposite, make sure every faction city has everything org has.. like reforge / daily secondary quests etc, so people can choose where they want to call "home" instead being forced to orgrimmar...

Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Hate neutral cities... hate seeing filthy alliance without permission to kill them.. I would vote the opposite, make sure every faction city has everything org has.. like reforge / daily secondary quests etc, so people can choose where they want to call "home" instead being forced to orgrimmar...
    This. So much this. Hate being tied to Org for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance player: Whose side were you on, Orc?

Orc: Uuuuhhhhh

Who says they wouldn't kill you first for stinking up the air they're breathing with your horde miasma?
    Well, that's easy.. All "Sanctuaries" used to belong the alliance races... Alliance were the ones that wants horde there in the first place.
    And if history teach us anything, will be most likely another alliance hub, wanting horde to join em once more... yuck, filthy pig skins..
    Last edited by Restors; 2013-09-03 at 01:57 AM.

I think both sides have good arguments.

On one hand we are suppose to hate each other, but on the other there are often more threatening matters, such as the Lich King.

Frankly I think as long as the story calls for it its fine. Like this xpac I'd say no we can't be neutral because well the whole thing is about the horde (and later garrosh's horde) exploiting resources from panda land.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be okay either way. I don't think the performance in the Shrine on my previous computer was any better then the lag people had in Dalaran in Wrath at times, at least with loading into the city/Shrine. So if performance was a problem I don't see how seperating the 2 helped. Might as well do a cool city again then.

Can't say I have much care for the anti-Faction War sentiments; I want it to stay a part of the game just as much as others want it to go.

As to the matter of a neutral city vs 2 Faction cities again; I really don't mind. All I want however, is for them to make sure that people aren't able to glitch-gank, as has been so rife in the Shrines.

I hated Shattrath, but really liked Dalaran, so I guess it depends on how its done, what it looks like etc.
    I've always felt that we don't need more cities as long as some of them are completely deserted, however. It would be cool if an upcoming expansion made Darnassus and, I dunno, Silvermoon into places to be.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    TBC added Shattrath, WotLK added Dalaran - since then we didn't get a neutral capital city.

Do you want a neutral city in the next expansion or do you rather have a Alliance/Horde only city?
    If it works.

Shattrath and Dalaran didn't because they were dominated by Alliance races; on the one hand you had Horde feeling left out, on the other you had an Alliance race and faction being forced into a neutral aspect that really doesn't fit. Both sites were also affacted by lag.

Ideally...you'd want a city populated, run, built by a totally neutral race and with lag issues addressed a bit more successfully. Maybe Virtual Realms could play a role here.

EJL