Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Solo Galleon Prot Pally

Shit was pretty easy(obviously with a 540+ilvl ..not sure how doable with less). First time earlier in the day took 3 wipes killed it on 4th pull. Had to record it obviously! Wiped like 3-4 times and killed it. Quite a fun fight to solo.

Deleted
    How the fu..? This just shows how WoW is broken atm.

Friend been doing this for my alts for a while. Gz on kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not broken at all

Gz!

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    How the fu..? This just shows how WoW is broken atm.
    It's a side effect of the active tanking model they aimed for. (Then regretted recently are pushing for the plate classes to want "tank gear" again.) When a Paladin can put on 40-60% damage reduction and blanket it for most of a fight, with a recurring absorption shield on and self-healing routinely, there's really nothing keeping them from being far, far more powerful in current content than was apparently desired. It's why DKs were so incredibly good at soloing things in Cata.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inc ''WoW is broken'' because of Vengeance post.

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Inc ''WoW is broken'' because of Vengeance post.
    Well it is. I mean grats to the OP and all, but I don't think a current (as in current expansion) 40 man raid boss should be solo'd by anyone.

The things people do with Pro Paladins in MOP never ceases to amaze me.

gj jello
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    how is it broken?
    1 person can kill a boss which should be killed by around 40 people. Isn't it broken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    1 person can kill a boss which should be killed by around 40 people. Isn't it broken?
    40 people doing 50k dps and dying at stupid mechanics. It was doable with a lot less people if they were skilled enough.

Deleted
    Silly question and taking nothing away from the kill but there was a priest in party and I saw them pulling the tank at various points.

Anyone know if this was needed for the kill and/or why they were in the party (I presume the stam buff??)

Quote Originally Posted by zethh View Post
    Friend been doing this for my alts for a while. Gz on kill.
    Sure sure.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    how is it broken? Skilled geared sub rogue solos 25 patchwerk at 80, skilled geared fire mages solo heroic alysrazor at 85, skilled geared tank solos galleon at 90. It's not broken, it's just high standards very few players can play at downing obsolete content solo.

good job OP
    Those were exploits more or less, not tank and spank, mano a mano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Those were exploits more or less, not tank and spank, mano a mano
    the only exploit was the sub rogue thing he ss ed something so pw would come get him and that would buy him time for evasion to come back up. but obsolete content is obsolete. blizzard wont care lol just like the dk that did sha

old news didnt a prot pally solo this like 2 months ago?
    and what about primordius as your next goal? kill him as long you can 5.4 will nerf you too hard. as far as i know its only been done by 1 asian... just trying to help ;D

btw i always wondered why no pally did iron qon yet. the bossmechanics seem quite simple to solo except p1 fire maybe but i guess you can reset the tankdot what decreases dmg inc by a lot and the fire dmg itself isnt that hard.

also for enough vengeance and animustrinketproccs there is a shitload of trash in front that you can abuse to create similar situations as for primordius or galleon ;D give it a go maybe.
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-09-02 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    It's a side effect of the active tanking model they aimed for. (Then regretted recently are pushing for the plate classes to want "tank gear" again.) When a Paladin can put on 40-60% damage reduction and blanket it for most of a fight, with a recurring absorption shield on and self-healing routinely, there's really nothing keeping them from being far, far more powerful in current content than was apparently desired. It's why DKs were so incredibly good at soloing things in Cata.
    No, DKs are good soloers because their self-healing is consistent. However DKs do not scale with Vengeance in terms of survival which is why they have not killed Galleon or Primordius before Prot Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurwyn View Post
    Sure sure.
    OP isn't the first Prot Paladin to do this and pretty sure Brewmaster can do it as well. The first 20 seconds is really the most dangerous part of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    old news didnt a prot pally solo this like 2 months ago?
    and what about primordius as your next goal? kill him as long you can 5.4 will nerf you too hard
    Agree to disagree. Full normal SoO gear will probably make that fight possible again.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-02 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    the only exploit was the sub rogue thing he ss ed something so pw would come get him and that would buy him time for evasion to come back up. but obsolete content is obsolete. blizzard wont care lol just like the dk that did sha
    That was not the only exploit. The main exploit was that the enrage didn't work properly so he was able to SS to that rat for 5 hours. This not being the developer's intended way -> exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    No, DKs are good soloers because their self-healing is consistent. However DKs do not scale with Vengeance in terms of survival which is why they have not killed Galleon or Primordius before Prot Paladins.

OP isn't the first Prot Paladin to do this and pretty sure Brewmaster can do it as well. The first 20 seconds is really the most dangerous part of the fight.
    i guess he meant DKs were so good because they were the only tanks with mostly active mitigation back then whats pretty true. to say they are good because they have consistent selfhealing is bullshit. any tank these days has consistent selfhealing. actually dk heals arent as consistent as pallys sacret shield or hot.

maybe brewmasters can also pull this off but as far as i know pallys work much better survival and singletarget dps wise on multitarget fights. with enough targets they gain permanent animus trinket proccs, can spam Avengers Shield with singletarget glyph 24/7 and can keep SoR up 100% of time + they can still do only singletarget dmg while monks would have to passively kill the adds to do singletarget dmg with keg smash what would decrease their vengeance
    Last edited by Raegwyn; 2013-09-02 at 04:46 PM.