Poll: is your lvl 90 Rogue your main?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

yes

i like playing rogue, 'cause Ninja..

but seriously, i have mained hunter for over 2 years, shaman for a half year, pala for a year, dk for a few month, and rogue for a half year aswell.

i gets bored with classes sooner or later, but my hunter almost allways becomes my "main main". but rogue will probably allways be my pvp main, because the playstyle is so Unique compared to most other classes. i hated it when it was just stun stun stun stun stun - vanish!, and i hated it when it was just ambush - kill - vanish! but in mop i feel like it requires a lot more skill to play a rogue (will probably end with combat in 5.4 as far as i've seen from ptr videos though), and i like playing the underdog when it comes to class representation. im not rly a fotm roller, i got every class in lvl 90, except mage, priest and monk, since i find them dull and boring to play, even though priests is a bit op in endgame atm, and mage will allways be nr 1 in pvp.

Bit obvious people are voting yes.
    It's a rogue forum...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noriar View Post
    Bit obvious people are voting yes.
    Which makes it really interesting that less than 2/3 people taking the poll said they main rogues (so far), don't you think?

Granted not everyone reaches this page through the rogue forum but I can't check how many voted based on where they reached this thread from. It's a question of dedication vs. play, since so many of us are dissatisfied with something about the class and want to see *something* change.

Deleted
    "Granted not everyone reaches this page through the rogue forum but I can't check how many voted based on where they reached this thread from. It's a question of dedication vs. play, since so many of us are dissatisfied with something about the class and want to see *something* change."

agree ..keep leveling different classes to 90 but I have 2 90 rogues ..human and undead a 70 belf twink rogue and many other lower bracket rogues ..so yup no matter how broken rogue will stay my main

If my sig is any indication, I've experienced quite a few mains. This is the first expansion, in fact, that I still haven't capped everyone. At this point, I'm usually bored with gearing my guys and have moved on to leveling/gearing my better half's account.

Anyway, my rogue WAS my main from launch until midway through S4 (BC). RaF was added the summer before WotLK hit and with my only other alts being a 40 hunter and a 65 pally, I shelved the rogue and leveled everything else (except a warrior) using the perks. I recently started PvPing with the rogue again (about a week ago in fact) and I'm enjoying how easy it is to still be a (nearly naked) dirty rogue in random BGs. Mostly, I spam the traditional sap/cap routine and do the Benny Hill jig with the CTF flags thanks to Burst of Speed. I look forward to actually being able to contribute some damage rather than just utility when I catch up next week. Now, don't take my 'easy' comment in regards to steamrolling randoms to infer that I think the class is actually easy. It used to be-- in the World of Roguecraft days, Mute had it right that many rogues just "never bothered to learn their class". With DR being non-existent and many players not using trinkets, stunlocks were almost 100% reliable in securing that victory.
    The problem of players not getting the class, unfortunately, is still too common. Way too many rogues do not learn control (Reckful had to spell it out for so many) and they try to put out sustained damage that they just don't have compared to other melee. They don't peel or use most of their arsenal-- blind, sap and CloS, sure; but otherwise, I see a lot of damage-only CDs outside of higher-end play (a bigger disparity than the range of abilities I see comparatively in my personal experiences).

Anyway, I would like to take my rogue into RBGs and 3s next season (probably no higher than 2k, I'm still not close to being as effective as I could be) but I'm not sure I'll have the time to keep up with 4 PvPers either. There's definitely enough new changes since I last seriously played mine that I feel I would be remiss to completely give the backburner treatment to the three that I've played (mage/ele/dpriest) so consistently for the last five years. Rather, I can see my rogue getting more attention as we move into the next expansion. Right now, I'm not good enough to try and balance it to be on par with the others nor do I want it to be my only character.

Formerly a Spriest since WoTLK, got fed up with that shit. Now been a Rogue for ToT period.

It's been fun AND my appreciation for melee has grown. Ranged have it easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    My rogue has been my main since TBC.

Like you said, rogues need a lot more effort to achieve what other classes can do in 1/10th the time. I guess this is why I simply cannot play other classes, they are too straight forward, too boring, too mindless. However I am getting progressively bored of my rogue since Cata hit (played sub pve just to stay interested). And I am definitely bored of it in MoP. Playing the same class, with the same exact mechanics, with the same rotations, with the same skills is just like... wow, really?

The only class I haven't tried so far is monk, so I'm hoping that I like its DPS spec and it's not too faceroll. I am probably going to make one tonight. I do know that one thing that will make me love my class again is combo points stacking on the rogue and not a target. Something that should have been done fucking years ago especially with our retarded AoE mechanics, hurrdurr need a target to build CP but your target dies in 2secs having to switch being forced to run the talent.

So much hassle, and for what? Are Blizz just assholes? Would it really be OP because I'd gladly take some nerfs to avoid this crap, how about we make rogues fun again instead of nerfing the already tiny fraction of remaining rogue players.

I won't bother voting because I am in between yes and no right now.

Deleted
    I have 2x90 rogues, 1 was main since mid-vanilla after switching from my mage, other one I leveld up in MoP, and that one is now my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    The only class I haven't tried so far is monk, so I'm hoping that I like its DPS spec and it's not too faceroll.
    I think you'll like it. Monk is a lot like a rogue with more to manage. It feels a lot more active, and you are MUCH more mobile (I freaking love Flying Serpent Kick). Damage is a lot more more upfront and in your control, with strong direct attacks (my ilvl 488 monk hits specials almost as hard as my rogue, but DPS is WAYYYYYYYYYYYY lower) and a powerful cooldown, but weaker than most outside of cooldown and no DOTs.

My rogue is my alt but I love it. Would probably be my main but I will always be running around as a paladin with my GM Claymore transmog. I enjoy the level of skill you need to play a rogue effectively but that kind of bar is not enjoyable for everyone to strive for.

I know it is ancient history but I once watched a lvl 54 rogue take down the most geared progression raid tank on my server back in vanilla. It took him several attempts but mastery over his class eventually did it.

Deleted
    been playing my main rogue now since the end of wrath , before him I played a warrior .Rogue is so much more fun

My rogue is the first character I ever created, has always been my main, will always be my main, will always ALWAYS be a gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    My rogue is the first character I ever created, has always been my main, will always be my main, will always ALWAYS be a gnome.
    Same here, minus the last part. I used to be a gnome (until Cata), but then I started liking PvP and the human racial is just too good to pass up. I've thought about swapping back (and the +1% exp would make it a PvE gain), but any fight where you can trinket something off (even just a 1s stun every 2m), it comes out ahead. Plus, I've grown to like being a boring human.

I started playing in Vanilla and I've always enjoyed my rogue. I still enjoy my rogue most and continue to main it despite my guild's pressure to go a full harry potter comp. I do have a hunter that's basically my second main though. I clear H ToT on both each week and my hunter is 547 vs my rogue's 549.

I do think rogues have loads of room for improvement in class mechanics and spec diversity, but there still isn't a single class/spec in the game I'd rather play.

Rogue main, been maining my rogue since I created him in 2008. Have been troll since day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always had druid main. My level 90 rogue was my first alt, but tending to prefer my DK now.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowboy View Post
    Have been troll since day 1.
    You make it sound as if there was any choice.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    I do. Except for Challenge Mode recently, where I switched over to a paladin tank.

Now I want to do them as a rogue and holy moly.. rogue kinda sucks in comparison.

Rogues are great for Challenge Modes, the group stealth mechanic is amazing, especially when paired with a druid's Roar. You can skip a LOT of stuff. Now if I could just find a group to get my gold sets, that would be awesome.

Deleted
    To be honest, I farmed 250 great invis pots in like two hours. Those are much more reliable than the mass stealth, and you can run through enemies with it.

The mass stealth is just an added bonus, like being able to skip the mogu patting in mogu palace or some of the mobs in scarlet monastery, invis pot or engineer belt upgrade I think is still a must imo