Poll: is your lvl 90 Rogue your main?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Since this thread had some pretty interesting stances so far, i opened another poll as to why you/we folks actually play a rogue at all. would love to see some more detailed thoughts!

http://bit.ly/1fG5AwD

"The class I just so happen to play is also the one taking the most SKILL to play!!"

Heard it before. And no, I wouldn't main a melee class simply because I already have my main (I don't main jump between expansions) and because I really dislike being in the middle of all effects and all the movement going on.

I do however enjoy my rogue when the itch to play stealthy appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, had many people around me "main" their rogues for an expansion or so and then they switch. Not sure why. It's probably more a question of player behind the class.

Rogues DEFINITELY don't take the most skill to play, I don't think anyone's saying that here. We're saying that we're the most stale and in need of a re-work (note: That's different than a buff).

Deleted
    Myself I've been a holy paladin since vanilla until the start of MoP so i really cant comment about the class becoming stale due to the mechanics not changing since vanilla but i having a blast playing this character and see myself playing it for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mained a Rogue throughout all of Cata, but 85-90 absolutely drove me mad. I'm actually quite surprised I made it that long considering I only started playing a Rogue in Wrath because I needed desperately to learn how to counter them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

My rogue is still my main and has been since Cata. I do however raid just as much on my paladin because my guild were short a tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    I still enjoy my rogue most and continue to main it despite my guild's pressure to go a full harry potter comp.
    you're the only melee for me squirl <3
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Sadly, no. There were times when I've played it the most for a while, and I love that it's more skill based to play well than others. But I've never quite made it my main because for some reason, I just can't come to terms with completely loving a class with no powers. I'm a lore nerd at heart, so things like that influence my decisions as much as the actual playstyle does. I'm mostly into dark magic, so I've mained warlock and death knight. Rogue is easily my favorite solo class, aside from leveling, but I'll probably never main it. If only it was like the sith assassin!

I focused on it for a week before ToT came out...all I use it for now is for lockboxes.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

No. I feel that the combat is too weird and unpolished. I did really like it during cata, and i found the class very nice in beta lvling too, but after getting higher it became less enjoyable for me.

I think to main a rogue, you must truly love the class to the point of obsession. The rogue community is truly unique in that high level rogues will argue and wheedle over a sequence of abilities that will net you a 1% gain in dps. You just don't see that with other classes. The basic rotation is simple, but the intricacies of min/maxing the class are very complicated and require a complete understanding of the class that only comes from playing it as your main. Yes you can know a variety of classes and play them well, but rogue mains get to a point where minute changes to the rotation that will eek out a tiny bit more dps are made almost subconsciously. I main my rogue because I enjoy being a part the most competitive (and slightly off) communities in wow.

Been playing since early LK, my rogue has been my main since late LK, all through Cata and MoP so far. I can understand the point of view that the rogue feels slow and clunky at times, but, as was also said, once you learn it, and I mean, really learn it, the class rocks. Of all the classes in the game (and I have max level DK, druid, mage, hunter and warlock toons, with other near max pally and priest), this is the purest class to me for feel. The playstyle is what a rogue should be. I have seen people on other threads mentioning how slow it is to level a rogue, but, in reality, I felt my rogue leveled just as fast as, if not faster than, my other toons.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    I think to main a rogue, you must truly love the class to the point of obsession. The rogue community is truly unique in that high level rogues will argue and wheedle over a sequence of abilities that will net you a 1% gain in dps. You just don't see that with other classes. The basic rotation is simple, but the intricacies of min/maxing the class are very complicated and require a complete understanding of the class that only comes from playing it as your main. Yes you can know a variety of classes and play them well, but rogue mains get to a point where minute changes to the rotation that will eek out a tiny bit more dps are made almost subconsciously. I main my rogue because I enjoy being a part the most competitive (and slightly off) communities in wow.

Odd. I came to rogues from mages and I think this class is considerably less mathy and concerned with 1% differences. I suspect most classes really are concerned about that since the top players are always going to be, whatever their class. Still, you're in a better guild than I am and I admit your perceptions on this subject are likely to be more correct.

Shadowcraft. I find Simcraft to be not user-friendly, harder to tweak and less reliable overall. I like to min/max my class and no other class has a Shadowcraft equivalent. Everytime I level an alt to 90 I get them semi-geared and realize that I don't enjoy not having Shadowcraft.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The first WoW character I created on November 7, 2007 was a rogue and has been my main ever since. I have a level 88 rogue alt and a level 40 rogue alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    This, this, this. I'm a fickle gamer, but I am 100% rogue. I will never change. And the almost psychotic nature of the community to eke out .5% more DPS or to debate the merits of opening mut/mut/rupture or mut/snd/mut/rupture is what keeps me engaged. Also, we have Shadowcraft. Who else has anything close?

Deleted
    Since MoP release I've tried to reroll twice for Warrior and Mage. Didn't happen

I've mained my rogue since i started in BC and always loved it. The only expac i didnt begin on my rogue was Cata and thats because my guild changed realms and i had to go with an alt--but before long it was right back to stealthin-it up the aestetic of the class is neat, and it just has this pervading charm. It makes it really enjoyable to get in and out of trouble and explore too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.