View Poll Results: Do you want them to do this?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

45 60.00%
  • They'll never do this!

11 14.67%
  • No! I don't want that!

19 25.33%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Reputation char-wide?

Hello!

This is more of a 'Do you think it will happen' question!

So, do you think everyting like reputation and things like that will be account wide just as achivements are now? Imo, they don't want us to feel "locked" for one char, why don't they already do this!? Or is it only me that feels a little "locked" to one char cuz you have alot of reputation with almost all factions in wow etc.

They've answered this various times. They want rep tied to characters because it shows the characters work with that faction. They won't ever allow reputation to be account wide. What they will do is allow for catchup mechanics if you are at a certain place with factions as we've seen with MoP ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I should be done at this point of the game with 4 expansions. Why should we have to regrind old reps we are already exalted with for transmog and tabards etc?
    Yeah, thats my point to!

Hell yes. Grinding rep on multiple characters is very frustrating.

Nooo!!! I love grinding the same old rep with ALL my characters. I have all the time in the world! It never gets boring! Huehuehue!

The requirements for reputation grinding is being reduced significantly.
    There is not a need for account-wide reputations.
    Very few equipment items will require more than friendly reputation, and so it is just fine the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some. Raid rep like shado-pan assault sould be since its a bitch to get on alts. Stuff like faction rep shouldn't be.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Very few equipment items will require more than friendly reputation, and so it is just fine the way it is.
    Wut? Anything of worth is higher than friendly on nearly all reputations

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No it isn't.

There are like 100 factions in-game.
    Giving more reputation is not the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Allow older reputations to be account wide, but not the newest ones. That alone would be great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    Allow older reputations to be account wide, but not the newest ones. That alone would be great.
    Yeah, that sounds like a good plan, as fast the current expantion ends, all the factions become account wide! They'd be great!

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell would this even work? My main is honored with the bloodsail while some of my alts are 0/36000 hated with them..

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    How the hell would this even work? My main is honored with the bloodsail while some of my alts are 0/36000 hated with them..
    Yeah, you have a level 45 alt in Gadgetzan that you just can't get around to leveling. You decide to go for the Insane title or maybe just Bloodsail Admiral, in the middle of that, you get 5-6 lock boxes and oh.... that 45 alt is a rogue, bout time that asshole did something. Login, insta-gibbed by the level 90 bruisers. LMAO That's what you get, you stupid little ro.. wait, that's my rogue. Shit.

On the flip side, yay! I'd have Conqueror title.

I've already completed this quest. Why should I have to do it again on my alts? XP should be account wide because I already took the time to level.

Really though, when is everything going to be good enough? What's going to be the point where the community is going to say, "You know what? We're good now." I understand that life gets in the way and it can be extremely boring, but look at how far it's come. We have rep tabards, guild rep bonuses, humans have the racial, etc. How much easier is it going to have to get? The classes are becoming very homogenous, the world and raiding has become very accessible, there's RDF and LFR so you don't have to run to the bad guy/gal's lair to slay him anymore. It just feel like the devs give an inch, but the community won't settle for less than a mile and because of it, the game seems to lose that overall challenge. It's almost like playing with cheat codes.

/rant off

Quote Originally Posted by IAmBizMarkie View Post
    It's almost like playing with cheat codes.

/rant off
    That's the thing about rants, they don't make sense to non-insane people.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think account-wide reputation is a god-awful idea. I think the commendations for MoP factions were ok because people complained about some being arduous treks to exalted (Klaxxi, Golden Lotus), but some need to be interesting and fresh, like the Landfall factions that gave storylines at certain rep standings.
    It all comes down to the grind: you don't earn respect with factions through ease. Just because old ones are hard doesn't mean they should be made easier (Blizz, don't put commendations (the revered bonus) on pre-MoP factions). Take Hydraxian Waterlords-they stop before you hit revered. The next task is coming back every week if you have the time and hitting the 9 bosses til exalted. The fun is in the grind, and if you just made it account-wide it would trivialise it for others that made the effort. And as IAmBizMarkie said, rep is easier than ever with the ease of being in a guild that has the rep bonus and standard. At at max level, getting old content to exalted is a walk in the park.

Maybe I do sound like a loon, and I'm fine with that.

Comparing the game I started playing to the game I play now, there's been a severe decline in effort needed for general things such as levelling, professions, reputations, questing, complications of death, etc. I'm not saying that these quality of life changes are necessarily a bad thing. I'm just curious as to when it's going to be "good enough". Comparatively, it feels almost like cheating these days.
    Last edited by IAmBizMarkie; 2013-09-02 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Typos man...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    I should be done at this point of the game with 4 expansions. Why should we have to regrind old reps we are already exalted with for transmog and tabards etc?
    Because it gives you something to do, which is what everyone seems to be crying about.

I dont think it should be done, the game is way to freaking easy now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmBizMarkie View Post
    I've already completed this quest. Why should I have to do it again on my alts? XP should be account wide because I already took the time to level.

Really though, when is everything going to be good enough? What's going to be the point where the community is going to say, "You know what? We're good now." I understand that life gets in the way and it can be extremely boring, but look at how far it's come. We have rep tabards, guild rep bonuses, humans have the racial, etc. How much easier is it going to have to get? The classes are becoming very homogenous, the world and raiding has become very accessible, there's RDF and LFR so you don't have to run to the bad guy/gal's lair to slay him anymore. It just feel like the devs give an inch, but the community won't settle for less than a mile and because of it, the game seems to lose that overall challenge. It's almost like playing with cheat codes.

/rant off
    You're getting me wrong here... I don't want it to become "easy". I hate the way wow has became with the "i don't have to explore the world anymore" or just be alble to AFK in SW all day till my LFR pops up etc etc etc etc.. But at the same time, i dont need to feel "forced" to play the char i've always played cuz' of things i HAVE to repeat which takes all the time for me to experience the new world or the new factions.

As one said before, let's say all the rep from Old expantions became account wide but from the new expantion its still only 1 char. it does not make the game easyer but you still don't have to feel "Oh, i wanna change char, but i kinda like to have all my factions on exalted so then i have to refarm it" and what if you wanna change main the expansion after that, then i need to redo it all over again! And let's say it takes 6-7 months to get these factions to exalted(more or less, depends on how much you play). and if you have to do this every 2 year now, you'll spend half a year of a expantion to redo shit you've already done, and miss the time to explore new things.

This might get a lil blurry, but yeah..get my point! aint about doing wow easyer. just more open for your account.

10+ Year Old Account
    As an altoholic, I doubt I will ever be "beloved" unless they implement this :/