Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Ash ketchum and I'm offended by your name.
    In all seriousness though. He might just have had some people flag you and then claim the name for himself, if that is the case, try and talk to a GM or write to Blizzards customer support and get it sorted out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    Maybe by the word "Aryan"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan
    good point how ever it is still an actual name, probly missed that cos its spelled with a j in my language
    Last edited by mmoc122c1567f0; 2013-09-02 at 03:39 PM.

Unless you count the time Gary in Pokemon kicked my butt...no not really O.o People are weird.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Faldorf View Post
    I'm Ash ketchum and I'm offended by your name.
    In all seriousness though. He might just have had some people flag you and then claim the name for himself, if that is the case, try and talk to a GM or write to Blizzards customer support and get it sorted out.
    I actually asked for Ash... But I settled with Gary xD

Deleted
    Did you make a faction change + transfer service? I had the same problem once opened a ticket and they said me that there's a bug with the two service in combo, and they restored my previous name

Well it depends really, if my IRL name was Gary and you created say.. a Draenei and named it Gary I would be utterly offended, since they are super-ugly! And if you maybe created a Human with a really weird looking beard that is balled maybe I'd be offended as well - and I'd request they delete your account and banish you from all of their games immediately.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Write a ticket. Its very common with a bug that flags random names for rename. Just write a ticket about it and they will fix it!
    This is all it will be, No need to come here making threads trying to un-earth a scandal, Just deal with your ticket and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    call blizz support if you really want that name. I have a original name. if I had to get a name change ill be damned I wont be raiding. I wont long on to that character until blizzard fixes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Well it depends really, if my IRL name was Gary and you created say.. a Draenei and named it Gary I would be utterly offended, since they are super-ugly! And if you maybe created a Human with a really weird looking beard that is balled maybe I'd be offended as well - and I'd request they delete your account and banish you from all of their games immediately.
    But but... Gary "The Dwarf" Jenkins was a cool guy... I swear!

If you got the name via GM unlock, there's the offchance the original owner came back and reclaimed their name. Just open a ticket. If that wasn't the case, and it was a fluke, odds are they can help.

One of my best mates is called Gary, he is a carpenter. Though his actual name is Richard, a few years back (or maybe like 6-7) one night in a pub near a show we we're playing at some random drunk guy walked up to Richard and said "orite Gary". Ever since, we have called him Gary.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Did you actually play on that character or you just took the name and had it on an inactive alt

Maybe theyre going to vastly extend this Petbattle thingi and Garys going to be some kind of main Villain? You know better good rippoff and stuff :>

Not actually directly related, because clearly this is some previously inactive account shenanigans that suddenly want their name back (poor Gary the Dwarf Shaman, he never hurt nobody!), but I was naming my level 25 battle pets the other day and tried to name my Little Helper pet "Snowball"...and it rejected it for "mature language"...

...not sure what the people in the naming department are in to, but seems a bit OTT to ban the word "snowball"!

Gary Oldman was supposed to play in the next WoW movie, but Blizzard requested a name change, like Mitch Oldman. The dude declined though, so he's out of the picture. Literally...

10+ Year Old Account
    you think its ok to just call people Gary? wtf is wrong with you.
    dragonmaw - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Not actually directly related, because clearly this is some previously inactive account shenanigans that suddenly want their name back (poor Gary the Dwarf Shaman, he never hurt nobody!), but I was naming my level 25 battle pets the other day and tried to name my Little Helper pet "Snowball"...and it rejected it for "mature language"...

...not sure what the people in the naming department are in to, but seems a bit OTT to ban the word "snowball"!
    Just because it may mean something innocent and tied to your youth does not mean that it hasn't been used to mean something completely different in the adult film industry.

Someone probably wanted the name and reported you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to hear of this happening years ago, but not recently. If it's the same issue, it's where people would get their guildmates / friends to report a username so that Blizzard would autoflag it for a rename.

Whether that still happens or ever actually happened is unknown to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Just because it may mean something innocent and tied to your youth does not mean that it hasn't been used to mean something completely different in the adult film industry.
    But it is a snowball which is a ball made from snow. Its stupid to remark it as anything else regardless of a sexual slang term for it.