Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Probably someone wanting their alts name restored after they found out that another person claimed it.
    This or he wanted the name for a character he made and reported it to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk to Blizzard about it and write a ticket. There have been a number of blue posts in the last month or two where people have been flagged for a rename due to a bug.

Why post about it here before taking it up with Blizzard? We can't do anything about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I once found a hunter's pet named after my real life name. I was playing with my sister and we were on Skype, so you can imagine

It's not offensive OP, could it be a mistake?

Deleted
    Probably a bug. Seen Blues post about this exact issue with legit RP names and otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish this would happen to me.
    I was just going to mess around with a hunter and just hit the random name generator and hit next.

Started to enjoy the hunter since the last time I played one was back in WoTLK.
    Now I'm stuck with a name that people keep asking me if I'm Chinese.
    Seems it's a very common name in China.

-.-;

I couldn't name my battle pet Georgie SMASH because of inappropriate reasons(it's now George...). Maybe it was flagged by someone who isn't a fan of Gary Lineker? In all seriousness though, this hopefully is a bug.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

It's a bug, happens all the time when you rename your character through purchasing character transfer, faction change or character rename.
    Ticket a GM and he'll sort it out for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you seen the mess Gary has done to the horde? So much that we're raiding Gary next patch, even the hordies. You might as well have called yourself hitler or voldemort.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Talk to Blizzard about it and write a ticket. There have been a number of blue posts in the last month or two where people have been flagged for a rename due to a bug.

Why post about it here before taking it up with Blizzard? We can't do anything about it.
    This.

Both my Warrior and Shaman were flagged for name changes the day after I brought them over to my current server (both were server/faction changes).

I waited to play my warrior until they took the name off. I changed my shaman's name, and after I logged out and back in, they had reset her name to the original.

It's just a bug, put in a ticket and wait for a GM to get back to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No one said that. I'd suggest rereading the comment you quoted.
    It was implied. I'd suggest re-re-reading the comments I quoted.

we called garalon 'gary' during progression cuz he was such an asshole. "Awww, fuckin gary got us again" was said a lot

15+ Year Old Account
    Gary from Spongebob is a snail and everyone hates gastropods therefore Gary is very offensive!
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

Deleted
    Why would it be offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Klaxxar View Post
    I have a Uncle named Gary. LOL...
    Well, depending on your upbringing and rapport with your uncle... Gary could be the most offensive WoW name ever.

Quote Originally Posted by r0cki View Post
    It was implied. I'd suggest re-re-reading the comments I quoted.
    Here let me explain it to you.

Someone can't think of a creative name so they try one already taken by someone. They then petition a GM to have the name freed. The GM changes the name on the supposedly inactive player, player only has to be gone for 6 months plus before a name can be freed. Original player sees his characters name has been changed then petitions a GM to change the name back. Second GM reviews change log and grants the original player his name back. At no point does a character have to be deleted to have a name freed.

From now on instead of trying to create drama think for just one moment before posting.

Some one prob got beaten by their rival one too many times in the Pokemon game. Gary MotherF**kin Oak

I couldn't even name my alt "Dick"

15+ Year Old Account
    I named a toon 'coldasshonky' after the line in the song thrift shop that goes 'damn that's a cold ass honkey'

It lasted all of ten minutes on live.