Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    for next exp Dalaran will Be neutral
    Do you work for Blizzard? Because it is frighteningly believable knowing Blizzard...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Cheap excuses!

The real reason why we will not see (I fear that never) the Alliance-exclusive Dalaran is simply because of the Blizzard's favoritism towards the Horde. Blizzard never will give the Alliance anything positive...
    Really getting tired of Alliance players like you. This expansion was great for the Alliance, and it was well-deserved. Yet some people are still yelling "BLIZZARD LOVES THE HORDE!".

There once was an experiment where scientists put some monkeys in a room with a ladder that had food on it. Whenever a monkey tried to climb up to get the food, they'd get sprayed with water before they could get it. Eventually the monkeys figured that it was simply forbidden to go up there.
    The scientists then began replacing some monkeys. The new ones who would try to grab the food would get attacked. Eventually all the monkeys who had been 'punished' with water were gone, yet the monkeys would still attack any newcomers who would try to get the food, not actually knowing why it was forbidden to go up there.

I think you're just like those monkeys. You're saying Blizzard is biased towards the Horde, even though you have no fucking clue as to why you're really saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Well we bitched endlessly about playing second-fiddle to Thrall and Fordring in Cata and Wrath, is it really so surprising that they think we'd complain if Dalaran was firing shots during the battle?
    The problem with being upstaged by a single hero is that you feel replaced. A whole city coming to help out is like having an army at your back, as in, the correct way to win wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Please, give me examples of a track record of lying about storylines. Not ret-cons, which is later changes to fit a changed storyline, but outright lies. Go ahead.

I know we all want to be seen as critical thinkers that don't just believe everything that we're spoon-fed but being a critical thinker doesn't mean everything should be treated as a lie.
    They claimed the Alliance would be proud their role in MoP's story; I don't think I've met an Alliance player who cares about the storyline who is satisfied with what the Alliance did this expansion. They've also claimed that the expansion would end on a high note for the Alliance, but apparently this is not going to happen in 5.4, and will be delayed until 5.5. Which isn't a "lie" per se, but they're running out of time to make things not shitty for Alliance lorehounds. I don't think you understand how satisfying it would be to see Dalaran float over Orgrimmar and lightning bolt the shit out of the city. Instead the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance is Jaina undermining Varian and then Dalaran despite being an Alliance city being run by a now vehemently anti-Horde leader apparently is a no-show for the sacking of a major Horde city? What, is this her Ti-Vo night or something?

It's been a lie designed to keep Alliance players from dropping for close to 4 years now, but the facade is wearing thin, as are many player's patiences.

I think the idea of a floating city acting like a giant magical gunship would be fucking awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Bit off-topic, but it bothers me that they'd consider using Dalaran as some kind of flying death ship. It's supposed to be a place of magical learning, and has a large civilian population and a lot of completely immartial businesses. >.<
    This is basically what I have been thinking. Why the hell would Jaina want to risk another city being destroyed by the horde? You have to be a pretty bad leader if you're willing to risk your entire civilian population just for revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    This is basically what I have been thinking. Why the hell would Jaina want to risk another city being destroyed by the horde? You have to be a pretty bad leader if you're willing to risk your entire civilian population just for revenge.
    That does make more sense. So, what safe place is she taking it to I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    There really isn't much Horde side, especially Kor'kron side, that is a threat to Dalaran.
    The city was parked right next to Icecrown citadel and did fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    They claimed the Alliance would be proud their role in MoP's story; I don't think I've met an Alliance player who cares about the storyline who is satisfied with what the Alliance did this expansion. They've also claimed that the expansion would end on a high note for the Alliance, but apparently this is not going to happen in 5.4, and will be delayed until 5.5. Which isn't a "lie" per se, but they're running out of time to make things not shitty for Alliance lorehounds. I don't think you understand how satisfying it would be to see Dalaran float over Orgrimmar and lightning bolt the shit out of the city. Instead the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance is Jaina undermining Varian and then Dalaran despite being an Alliance city being run by a now vehemently anti-Horde leader apparently is a no-show for the sacking of a major Horde city? What, is this her Ti-Vo night or something?

It's been a lie designed to keep Alliance players from dropping for close to 4 years now, but the facade is wearing thin, as are many player's patiences.
    So what you're saying is that your personal opinion of the Alliance storyline is really a known fact of every Alliance player (except for me, apparently), so that means that Blizzard lies in everything they do as some devious plan to keep Alliance players playing.

Um...good luck with that kind of outlook.

Deleted
    They stated that they couldnt due it due to resources, same happened to the WOTLK Dalaran, Crystalsong was meant to have the Argent Tourney but they found that a lot of people wouldn't be able to use it

Yes, certainly. Blizzard doesn't have a track record of lying about their storylines and reasons for doing so, or anything. Or maybe their interpretations really are just this screwed, they considered Dalaran the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance, after all.
    I can't recall when they've ever lied about their storylines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Yes, certainly. Blizzard doesn't have a track record of lying about their storylines and reasons for doing so, or anything. Or maybe their interpretations really are just this screwed, they considered Dalaran the "fist-pump" moment for the Alliance, after all.
    theyve never lied about their storylines
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Do you work for Blizzard? Because it is frighteningly believable knowing Blizzard...
    Oh and we get to raid SW, but dont worry raiding an enemy city is nothing in terms of bias and thats why Org gets raided yet the alliance still claim bias
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    for next exp Dalaran will Be neutral . as probobly burning legion exp alliance will be using Exodar and Dalaran by horde palayers
    no it wont, jaina, and the kirin tor itself wants nothing to do with the horde, the majority of dalaran never did in the first place
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    Devs are very much aware of this, but they made it clear blizzard games are not story driven but gameplay driven. The fact they acknowledge things would be a lot different if gameplay wasn't the priority means a lot, to me anyways. The victories in game would be nice to show diehard horde fans their faction is actually weak and got its ass kicked but the statement in of itself is not worth say, razing Orgrimmar then giving the horde another shiny, newer, better city which gameplay dictates they need, with portals and AH, services, vendors, trainers, banks, blah blah etc. etc. I still think small things like phasing for high levels would be nice for RPers etc. but complete game-changing events like making Orgrimmar an Alliance city is asking for too much. Dalaran over Orgrimmar would have everyone's frames dropping to 20 or below unless they were running some outstanding computer/GPU. This is a gameplay issue and reason enough to not have it present. Coz 20 fps or less hurts my eyes and isn't remotely fun to play, idc how badass Dalaran looks over the city, at 20 fps or less its a pain in the ass.
    Yeah yeah yeah, Blizzard is too busy making the game work so they don't have any time for the Alliance to look cool. They find plenty of time to make the Horde look cool, blowing up mountains and terraforming entire zones just so Horde players feel good about themselves, so this argument doesn't really have the intended effect, it's really just showing that Blizzard devs of all stripes work on the Horde first and then the Alliance get the remainder of time.

Deleted
    When it comes to Lore, everything about raids is stupid, because WE know WE defeated the enemies, NOT some stupid Tirion or Thrall ... It's idiotic, those characters should be our peons ... not leaders who can't do shit.

I'm fairly happy with the way things went for us. It was fun defending Anduin and everything. I liked the Isle of THunder storyline (for both Horde and Alliance; <3 Lor'themar). I felt kinda shitty during the Dalaran story - but that's war, and as as person who role plays various warriors, I understand that.

YOU people are the ones who are Alliance biased. Anything the ALliance gets is shot down as "shitty content" and every tiny piece the Horde gets end up being yelled about. Seriously, we can't go one fucking day without you going, "BLIZZARD IS BIASED!" "THIS IS A HORDE GAME!" etc.

Seriously, sit down, shut the fuck up, and THINK about WHAT WE'RE DOING IN PATCH FIVE POINT FUCKING FOUR. No? Let me spell it out for you in big ass letters, because apparently you;re all daft.

WE GET TO SACK ORGRIMMAR.

Seriously? Even THAT'S NOT enough for you? We invade their CAPITAL, destroy their ENTIRE FUCKING MILITARY, and KILL THEIR BLOODY LEADER. Who gives a damn if we leave afterwords - it's a two faction game, we can't have everything.

It's the bloody daft bigots like you who give us Alliance a bad name, all because you want EVERYTHING to be catered to your every whim (I'm looking at you, Mr. "Let's destroy half the Horde's starting zones, because it used to be an Alliance kingdom" - it it wasn't even the current Alliance's kingdom).

/rant.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    If you are that butthurt just do everyone a favor and stop playing.
    I never really understood the massive QQ over anything on these forums. Some people just have too much free time to complain I guess

Deleted
    You realise that this is following an expansion where we all bitched the high heaven that we were sidekicks and Thrall was the main character? It's a very pertinent point that Dalaran doesn't just Orbital strike Orgrimmar/Garrosh, seeing as that's EXACTLY what Thrall did to DW and it stank.

I still don't understand why the Alliance aren't happy with the story they're receiving.

Seriously. I don't think I'll ever understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.