Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    The Horde booted the Worgen out of Gilneas and completely deposed them of their zone, while the Forsaken now get to use that area for leveling purposes. They kicked the Alliance out of Southshore/Hillsbrad, while the Horde now get to use that area for leveling purposes.
    First of all, Deathwing's Cataclysm caused a tidalwave that wiped out Southshore.. Forsaken only mopped up the last few souls..
    Second, Hillsbrad was NEVER Alliance territory.. It was Contested, but HEAVY HORDE BASED (18 alliance quests vs 100+ horde quests).
    Gilneas is NOT a Horde levelling zone.. It's an EMPTY zone.

Please change your sig to this:
    Kaleredar is WRONG!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I think the main issue was the technical one; it would gimp the experience to a lot of players. The rest sounded like they just threw it in there.
    I'm not really seeing this. I mean, what, they would show entire city with full crew of NPCs, working trainers, quests, portals and whatnot? If so, then yes, it could affect the raid performance quite a bit. Question is, why do something like this? Quite a few people have mentioned it having a token presence "in the distance", just to show that Dalaran is actually there and Alliance did have their moment back in 5.1. Doesn't have to conquer Orgrimar by itself - in fact, it would be really stupid if it did - but just use it as staging point or something.

Hell, we had Mount Hyjal back in TBC. Remember Archimonde? There was entire Night Elf base nearby which didn't do *anything* except stand there. Funny how the boss himself wasn't a lagfest, there weren't any performance issues, it didn't crash all the time. We had multiple NPCs in other camps which didn't participate in the fights unless specifically dragged into them - including "civilian workers" in human base. It worked just fine.

5 years later, it's suddenly a problem? Bull.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2013-09-03 at 09:45 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Bingo. Remember how every complained that THRALL defeated Deathwing, and that we didn't? This is the first time Blizzard decided they wanted to make us defeat the final boss without some outside entity doing the job for us. This is why they made up some silly excuse why Thrall can't use his powers down in the Ragefire Stronghold.
    does Dalaran shoot missles at Garrosh and tear him to pieces?

no.

Thrall kicked Deathwing's butt along with all the other aspects grouped up in one big pwnfest and flushed DW down the maelstorm drain... and it was during the boss fight.

----

Dalaran is lending it's support from a distance and you'll only see it when you're not inside Orgrimmar (because walls block off your view). how is that going to make players feel that Dalaran is doing their job for them??? it's like saying because there are catapults and siege ladders or stuff like that around Orgrimmar players don't feel like they're doing it themselves.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2013-09-03 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    Yes, certainly. Blizzard doesn't have a track record of lying about their storylines and reasons for doing so, or anything.
    ok, i'll bite. Give me a few examples of Blizzard lying about the storyline.

I know we all want to be seen as critical thinkers that don't just believe everything that we're spoon-fed but being a critical thinker doesn't mean everything should be treated as a lie.
    It's really quite obvious when Blizzard is making up excuses. Remember the "ghost wolf" pet back in BC? It wasn't intended to be tamed by hunters, but someone figured out how to do it. Blizzard's first response was "Okay, we didn't intend that to happen but it's a fun trick so we'll leave it in." A couple of weeks later it was hotfixed out without warning. Blizzard's response was then "We had a meeting and decided it didn't look right as a hunter pet, so we took it out." People immediately called it for the lie it was, and determined the real reason: Blizzard was planning to give that model to Shamans as a temporary summon, so didn't want hunters to have it. Come Wrath beta and this was of course proven true.

Not a lie about storylines as such, but this has the same smell about it. A really dubious excuse covering the real reason, which is doubtless "we didn't want to spend time on it".

First of all, Deathwing's Cataclysm caused a tidalwave that wiped out Southshore.. Forsaken only mopped up the last few souls..
    Second, Hillsbrad was NEVER Alliance territory.. It was Contested, but HEAVY HORDE BASED (18 alliance quests vs 100+ horde quests).
    Might want to check your information before posting. Forsaken do quest in Gilneas: it's part of the chain in Silverpine. And I'm pretty sure the "tidal wave" was an early idea that was never used. It's certainly not mentioned in game.
    Last edited by 7seti; 2013-09-03 at 10:57 AM.

Deleted
    The reason why it does not show up. Is because it is a alliance City now. And blizzard does not give a fuck. about alliance, Look at the " epic fist pumping moment in Mop that the alliance will have" They answered this ,it was killing innocent shop keppers in dalaran. And the " epic trial of the high king" is 2 senarios, one where tyrande is silly and cant wait(weird for a immortal 10k+ old night elf) And one where you free dwarfes from a snowstorm. THAT was the trial of the fucking high king

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Please change your sig to this:
    Kaleredar is WRONG!
    No tidewave destroyed Southshore. The Forsakened nuked it with Plaguebombs. The humans who fled before the bombing went to Hillsbrad Fields, who were also killed by the Forsakened.