Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

First boss in BWL

Just curious if its possible to solo the first boss in BWL, Razorgore. I attempted it twice and gave up because i felt like i could not get the rest of the eggs. The adds would overcome the boss and screw me up. I had quite a lot on me at once but that was not a problem. I just had a problem with ALL the mobs on the boss that were hard to get without attacking the boss.....

It got really frustrating, but i do manage to get half way past it. I understand the mechanics but i am having a tough time with the adds. Is it possible to do this alone? I keep reading that it is indeed, solo-able, but how?

Extra detail, i am doing this as a ret pally.

I've never had much trouble with it. I soak the damage on my character nicely and I think I can deal with the eggs in 2 mind controls and the boss is just fine during that time.

Just get up and own the mods, get mind control going and start on those eggs asap. Can't see how it should be too tough.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty easy if you get a good pattern down. It takes me two uses of the orb to clear the whole room.

Your class has little to nothing to do with this fight. Dont fret I do it ret too. Do the eggs in a zig-zag pattern. You have to re-summon him once as well as the mind control time is not enough to do it in one pass. Dont attack the adds on with razor gore, your only zapping eggs with him. Its really not too tough. Try watching a video on it if it keeps giving you trouble.

Deleted
    Put on extra stamina gear just before you start the fight, so you're not at full health when the first MC runs out, heal yourself with RF and that should give you enough threat to pull off of Razorgore.
    Also, don't forget to use Razorgore's sleep ability on the Dragonkin mobs, if you start getting too many hitting him.

They have made the Destroy Egg spell MUCH faster (Pretty sure the fight is twice as fast now). Here's what to do:

1) Run up and kill the 3 Elites on the left platform
    2) Click on the orb to MC Razoregore
    3) ONLY us the Destroy Egg spell (You don't want mobs attacking him if you can prevent it). Run up to any close-by egg and use it
    4) Try and chain the eggs you are destroying. You want them to be close together to minimize run time in between.
    5) When MC is about to break, have Razoregore near the platform he starts on. He has a disorient attack that you should try and not get hit by
    6) Clear any mobs smacking you and use a big heal on yourself. The big heal is meant to pull any mobs off of Razoregore and back onto you.
    7) Repeat steps 2-6 until all of the eggs are dead (It should only take one more MC)
    8) Kill Razoregore!
    Last edited by proteen; 2013-09-02 at 04:57 PM.

Don't forget to Right-click Dismiss Razorgore before the buff expires. Doing so will transfer all the threat on him to your character. If you do not do this, ads will continue to attack him and wear him down. Also don't underestimate healing aggro. Turn on your healing seal and spam heals whenever you can. Doing so helps fresh ads to run straight at you instead of at Razorgore.

You didn't give any details, but I suspect your failure has more to do with Razorgore dying than your character dying. So just remember to do things that draw ads to you. Turn Righteous Fury on. Go Prot and drop consecration just before you start the MC. Even if you have to break off the MC early by dismissing, go ahead and do that if you can clean up the ads poking Razorgore.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My advice, having done this weekly for Judgement set.
    Switch your talents to Eternal Flame.
    Use Righteous Fury for bonus threat on you.
    Whenever controlling Razorgore keep Eternal Flame up on you. It should keep the adds off of Razorgore, or they will hit him once and then go to you. Eternal Flame should keep you alive fine with no issues. Release Razorgore when Eternal Flame is low or the channel, AoE some of the adds on you, put 3 HPower Eternal Flame on you, recontrol.

Works well from my experience.

Edits:
    Only release Razorgore a little away from you, otherwise he has some annoying CC he likes to use on you for about 10 seconds.
    Second boss likes to randomly kill you. Usually seems to happen after he dies. Just nuke him with everything asap.
    Also the wrymkin in the room leading to the suppression room are amazing, they have knockbacks and you can use them to knock yourself to Broodlord Lashyr in a fairly short period of time instead moving oh so slowly.
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2013-09-02 at 05:08 PM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Since your options to deal with adds on him are somewhat limited as melee, there's a neat trick to get them off of him. Everytime you exit him, some/most of the adds on him reset aggro and start running to you. After that, you get into him again. Just get out of him everytime you think he has too many adds on him. You don't need to channel the full duration, you can do it as often as you want.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Don't forget to Right-click Dismiss Razorgore before the buff expires. Doing so will transfer all the threat on him to your character. If you do not do this, ads will continue to attack him and wear him down. Also don't underestimate healing aggro. Turn on your healing seal and spam heals whenever you can. Doing so helps fresh ads to run straight at you instead of at Razorgore.

You didn't give any details, but I suspect your failure has more to do with Razorgore dying than your character dying. So just remember to do things that draw ads to you. Turn Righteous Fury on. Go Prot and drop consecration just before you start the MC. Even if you have to break off the MC early by dismissing, go ahead and do that if you can clean up the ads poking Razorgore.
    Very helpful! Finally downed him on my third attempt today and got the untamed blade. Now ONTO my tier Pieces. Thank you everyone for the kind help you provided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick note, when you start encounter, just go below the orb and start controlling razorgore, ignore the 3 mobs on platform. It goes faster this way.

Deleted
    Its harder as BrM monk cause due to stagger it will sometimes not let you click the orb.. So use WW or MW if you want it more easy down.. also like most said you can do it in 2 orbs.. just start in the back.. move to the orb infront.. then move to the back again and the MC will stop.. this way the boss is at max range and you can clear some adds and MC again..

Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    My advice, having done this weekly for Judgement set.
    Switch your talents to Eternal Flame.
    Use Righteous Fury for bonus threat on you.
    Whenever controlling Razorgore keep Eternal Flame up on you. It should keep the adds off of Razorgore, or they will hit him once and then go to you. Eternal Flame should keep you alive fine with no issues. Release Razorgore when Eternal Flame is low or the channel, AoE some of the adds on you, put 3 HPower Eternal Flame on you, recontrol.

Works well from my experience.
    Came here to say this. I also had trouble soloing Razorgore, but after switching to EF, it became extremely easy.

I would also suggest starting from the far end and working your way towards the orb.

as a hunter this is easy. dismiss pet and disengage to the ledge next to the stage after the first pull (once you kill the mind controller). the raid will reset but adds will no longer appear. Then its jsut running around and killing eggs.

Don't forget you can LoH razor when he is MC by you. It's a huge help if he's getting low on health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Second boss likes to randomly kill you. Usually seems to happen after he dies. Just nuke him with everything asap.
    There is NOTHING random about it.. Ever since Vanilla, Vael have killed one player ever ~30 seconds. Debuff doesn't always show, but (annoying as it is) it stays after Vael dies, so death is 100% certain, regardless how fast you kill him..

If you, however, suck at dps'ing, you'll die before boss does..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by stevo5566 View Post
    Very helpful! Finally downed him on my third attempt today and got the untamed blade. Now ONTO my tier Pieces. Thank you everyone for the kind help you provided.
    Glad you made it,

As some said use a heal to get aggro from the mobs. The fewer mobs that hit him the better the fight. As the mobs are 60-63 elites and you're normally level 90 so they basically love tap you ;D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    There is NOTHING random about it.. Ever since Vanilla, Vael have killed one player ever ~30 seconds. Debuff doesn't always show, but (annoying as it is) it stays after Vael dies, so death is 100% certain, regardless how fast you kill him..

If you, however, suck at dps'ing, you'll die before boss does..
    you should have _full_ resources in that fight you will die after it unless paladin bubble stop it. but during the fight you should use your most damaging attack and spam the shit out of it.

I've found sleeping any dragonkin that are on Razorgore to really help with incoming damage but the start is the most important part, if you take too long to kill the elites and control him you'll get overwhelmed. Basically if you can keep Destroy Egg on cooldown you should be fine.

so death is 100% certain, regardless how fast you kill him..
    That's not true, if you can dps enough he'll die before he puts the debuff on you. It's only about 70k I think so no sweat these days.
    Last edited by Rusken; 2013-09-06 at 03:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock
    That's not true, if you can dps enough he'll die before he puts the debuff on you. It's only about 70k I think so no sweat these days.
    3 sec isn't fast enough I guess, then...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/