Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your favorite raid

Hello everyone! I was thinking... what is your favorite raid and why? Out of everything you have raided since 2004, is there one raid that stuck out as the coolest and most interesting? Whether it is because of the fantastic looking loot or the utterly stunning encounters? What was it?!

For me, hands down, without a shred of a doubt, it was ulduar. In my humble opinion Ulduar was the peak of WoW raiding, i have never seen anything as vast, beautiful, intriguing, and absolutely stunning as ulduar.

If we were to start off with boss encounters... where do i begin? The introduction was easy, but simply badass as you stormed the wall with your tanks and motorcycles, then you were greeted with a massive walking construct (XT) that provided a challenging yet entertaining fight... Then you enter the building and there is no words that describes the beauty of the place... this was perhaps the first raid to ever make me interested in the full lore of WoW, and the entire arc with the Titans, and algalon made me pray that blizzard revisits these sorts of things. No other raid provided that amount of stunning visuals. It was the first hard-mode introduced raid, and perhaps the last, and that is very unfortunate because if anything, ulduar was the raid i wanted to return to after i was bored with ICC or anything else. Oh, and let me not forget algalon, whom was a very challenging battle that provided you with the ability to experience full on lore with great voice acting and fantastic loot...

Oh the loot... even after i got my pally xmogged into full t8 warrior gear i still revisit ulduar for some of the stunningly designed gear! If you go and look back... i doubt you won't find atleast one peice of gear that you won't love the look of. From the intriguing shields, to the absurd spinning constellation-esc maces, nothing in the game has quite reached that standard in my opinion... and lets not forget about what is the most underused and under-appreciated legendary in the game... one that is both tough to get and extraordinarily good looking (in my opinion)

TL;DR- Ulduar is the best in my opinion, nothing even came close to matching it... sorry throne of thunder... the champion still reigns supreme.

Honorable mentions:

-Karazhan
    -Naxxramas- both lvl 60 and WOTLK (Who could hate patchwerk and his insatiable charm?)
    -ICC
    -Throne of thunder
    -Black temple
    -Molten core
    -Temple of Ahn'qiraj (i hope i spelt that right... but that starting event was epic!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Karazahan, the design, variety in bosses, the experience, new style of raiding, it was the new. I loved it.

Deleted
    I always used to love ZA! first time they put the timed element into it aswell. was just legendary!

Deleted
    i loved ulduar the most, mostly cause it was just before ulduar i joined the people of which i raid too the present day. many stopped, many joined. so far a very enjoyable ride and it began there in ulduar and on top of that the raid itself was tons of fun also

This thread again.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Fateys View Post
    I always used to love ZA! first time they put the timed element into it aswell. was just legendary!
    ZA was really fun, i remember raiding it at level 70 and having an absolute blast... the issue with the Cata version is it was A.) Boring B.) easy C.) they took out all the cool looking items i liked... *sadface*

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone, i was thinking.....instead of looking at 1 of the other 9028301832091 favorite raid threads, why dont i just start another...

Icecrown citadel in my opinion

Icecrown Citadel. I really loved the lore, atmosphere, bosses, style of progression and all. Not to mention the final boss in this raid is my favorite Warcraft character

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar always wins these type of polls. Karazhan and Icecrown Citadel tend to compete for second and third place, followed by Throne of Thunder, Naxxramas, and, lately, Firelands. I think this shows that players tend like to like the grand, "epic" raids with a large amount of bosses, with some non-linear progression choices. This might seem like a no-brainer, but I've recently heard people ask for two smaller raids in a tier (think Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep), which sounds nice, but they don't seem to have the same amount of adoration as the single, big raid tiers.

Ulduar was amazing, it also had the benefit of coming between a rehash of an old raid and the worst raid in my raiding experience; so it had two ugly girlfriends making it look nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    Ulduar always wins these type of polls. Karazhan and Icecrown Citadel tend to compete for second and third place, followed by Throne of Thunder, Naxxramas, and, lately, Firelands. I think this shows that players tend like to like the grand, "epic" raids with a large amount of bosses, with some non-linear progression choices. This might seem like a no-brainer, but I've recently heard people ask for two smaller raids in a tier (think Serpentshrine and Tempest Keep), which sounds nice, but they don't seem to have the same amount of adoration as the single, big raid tiers.
    I do agree with this... although firelands was a cool concept and a decent execution... it just wasn't that fun. I get the appeal of karazhan... it's just nothing about it made my jaw drop. Throne of thunder was cool... Naxxramas was downright stunning. Ulduar... you know my thoughts on that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Ulduar was amazing, it also had the benefit of coming between a rehash of an old raid and the worst raid in my raiding experience; so it had two ugly girlfriends making it look nice too.
    Haha, i disagree i think the Naxx was the best intro raid right next to karazhan... Naxx was awesome! (Also the fact that blizzard wasn't super lazy as they tend to be now and actually revamped the gear was neat too)

But yeah... TOC was blehhhhh *vomit*

Deleted
    ICC25man was my favourite. I loved the dark & cold theme, made it feel dangerous.

Noooo, don't make me choose - I'll just list my top five in no particular order. Ulduar, Black Temple, ICC, Sunwell, and Naxx40. Great lore, atmosphere, epic feel, awesome end bosses, good variety of fights. Honorable mention to Karazhan, great atmosphere, 10 mans just aren't my favorite raid format.

Someone should make a topic for worst raid. I'd be torn between ToC/ToGC and Dragon Soul.

Deleted
    Tough one,

Would have to say either AQ40 or ICC25HC

Quote Originally Posted by Ayarez View Post
    Tough one,

Would have to say either AQ40 or ICC25HC
    AQ 40 was really really cool... i remember the unbeatable final boss... literally though, he was impossible, they had to nerf him down SO much so players could even down him!

Oh oh and the loot looks amazing!

Karazhan in atmosphere and feeling. ToT when it comes to mechanics.

ToC. Faction champs, y'all!

Kara, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar Ulduar Ulduar Ulduar Ulduar!!!

the size and scale of it outplays any other, and the numbers of bosses, there mechanics and the intimidation of yogg saron was perfectly played.

Really, it was like stepping into valhalla
    #boycottchina