Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

small amount of players getting a legendary cloak?

The team doesn't think that a small amount of players getting a legendary cloak after working towards it for an entire expansion will be a problem in the long run.

I was under the impression from what my GM said that 5 minutes after patch hits and you get to the timeless isle you hand in the 600 epic cape and get the legendary? What this seems to imply is that either people that busted their asses non stop might not even get the 600 epic version to be able to swap for legendary or that the simple had in on the isle in the PTR is fake. So whats going on?

Your impression was correct on how easy going from the ilvl 600 cloak to the legendary will be however your assumption that an above average amount of people are that far even was wrong.

Compared to the total number of players? Yes, it's a small amount.

Right now, in my guild of about 50 ppl, there is only 1, maybe 2, people that are still actively working towards the legendary. The devs were right that the long haul aspect of the questline, lasting the ENTIRE expansion, would burn most people out. I know it did for me. I'm still sitting at the PvP quest and I'm not terribly worried about moving forward with it.

Honestly, they made this legendary one of the easier ones to obtain. The fact every person in the raid has an opportunity to obtain the epic ilv 600 via raid finder will make it way more obtainable then any other legendary that had class requirement or 1 individual person being able to obtain the legendary mats through normal/heroic modes only.

On matter of ptr, things change, they might just want to test out the legendary cloak in an environment suited to their needs. I am sure the legendary cloak won't be finished within the first week of 5.4 launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Your impression was correct on how easy going from the ilvl 600 cloak to the legendary will be however your assumption that an above average amount of people are that far even was wrong.
    Exactly. People on sites like this severely underestimate how ´special´ we are. Not saying that as a special snowflake thing.. but it is the reality. My guild has 400 different accounts, about 100 level 90s.. and as far as I know, I am the only one who will ´maybe´ have the legendary cloak the first week of 5.4

It will certainly be more than the other lengendaries in the past. And I am sure there will be plenty of strong guilds that have 100% of their raid team with them.. But for more casual players, it was not easy keeping up with things like getting wrathion rep and some of the VP things. To to mention, playing catch-up with the runestone drops using LFR couldn´t have been fun. ( any LFR behind the current one are wipefests).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Honestly, they made this legendary one of the easier ones to obtain. The fact every person in the raid has an opportunity to obtain the epic ilv 600 via raid finder will make it way more obtainable then any other legendary that had class requirement or 1 individual person being able to obtain the legendary mats through normal/heroic modes only.

On matter of ptr, things change, they might just want to test out the legendary cloak in an environment suited to their needs. I am sure the legendary cloak won't be finished within the first week of 5.4 launch.
    They have already verified that the process of getting the legendary once 5.4 starts is very fast, that people will be able to have it the first day.

I really don´t understand why people think this is éasier´ then in the past. In the Past, it was all.. 100% RNG... This one requires basically an entire expansion of commitment and constant playing and raiding.
    Last edited by Azrile; 2013-09-02 at 10:21 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah a legendary in my hands and I didn't even really do real raiding in this expansion ahahah hahahaha!! No really that's pretty funny but hey I'm not complaining :P

I dont understand how people couldn't be on the last step of the cloak. I'm in a casual guild 10/13 HM and even took a month and a half off from playing this tier (probably a total of 4 months this entire expansion) and was still able to finish getting my cloak like 4 weeks ago. its not that hard especially with lei shen 100% drop rate of a titan runestone even in lfr. People just want shit handed to them in the game it seems like they log on and blizz has mailed them a legendary.

I honestly dont see how so many people can say they have not been able to get the 600 ilvl cloak yet. I have it on 3 toons and am midway on a 4th. Please dont bombard with nonsense statements like "get a life" and such like that. I am married 3 kids and work as well as do volunteer work so if i can get it done on 3 toons i know just how easy and accessible this legendary is to get. The problem is people were just not committed to doing the work..even the simple work that this cloak required. The hardest part of the whole quest was the pvp battles and that just required you to be lucky with a group twice. Blizz basically said that anyone willing to put in the effort would get the cloak and of my guild almost everyone one of us will have a legendary cloak the first week. Many of us on like myself on multiple toons. Oh and for you naysayers you could just armory my toons...Tolomay---Tolomight----Tolohas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Ah a legendary in my hands and I didn't even really do real raiding in this expansion ahahah hahahaha!! No really that's pretty funny but hey I'm not complaining :P
    Indeed it is funny. Not quite sure what Blizzard was thinking doing that. Oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    The raiding aspect wasn't the challenge, that was the grind (Kill X bosses for Y tokens; Earn X Valor Points). The solo quests were the challenge (tuned to Normal difficulty players, at least), that would have road-blocked some players, either at the Thunder Forge or the Celestial Blessings quests respectively. As an LFR-raiding Paladin, the second one of those was actually difficult to take down. My roommate is a mage, and hasn't evene beat the Celestial Blessing's quest, between a combination of gear (again, LFR), and skill level (not quite up to my level).

My buddy who is a Heroic-level Death Knight one-shot the Blessing quest with no issue, so gear does matter for it, when you can burst an extra 20-30% more DPS.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Untangled View Post
    Indeed it is funny. Not quite sure what Blizzard was thinking doing that. Oh well...
    You know the greatest part? I'll be honest I'm usually afk in LFR *maniacal laughter*

Legendary cloak= reward for not rerolling this expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    My rogue will have one too lol I re-rolled into a lock this expansion I'll have a legendary on it too :P It just takes patience of course.

Deleted
    about half the group im raiding with have the 600 cloak and will prolly get the legendary the first week of 5.4, im gonna try getting it the first day cuz im like that

i've heard its pretty easy to get it but i havn't really looked into it, wasn't it like farm X amount of things on the isle and u get it?

A lot of you are forgetting how the solo fights were somewhat challenging. It may have been trivial for the heroic raider, but for someone in LFR epics, those fights against Wrathion were no joke.

I'll have 4 legendary cloaks week 1, two of which I didn't start until halfway through 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by peteed1985 View Post
    So whats going on?
    Out of 7.7M players and 20M+ alts very small number is getting it. That's what's going on. Most PvPers, socials and rerollers in my guild aren't getting it, only the raiders (about 1/5 of whole guild roster, not including alts).

Those who have farmed their ass off whole expansion will get it on the first day because it would be pointless month from now after you have cleared the new instance.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Balo View Post
    I dont understand how people couldn't be on the last step of the cloak. I'm in a casual guild 10/13 HM and even took a month and a half off from playing this tier (probably a total of 4 months this entire expansion) and was still able to finish getting my cloak like 4 weeks ago. its not that hard especially with lei shen 100% drop rate of a titan runestone even in lfr. People just want shit handed to them in the game it seems like they log on and blizz has mailed them a legendary.
    This is pretty much what I was getting at with the OP, the way it is worded even people that spent the whole expansion of non stop effort which if you have done pretty much means you have the 600 epic cape and only a small amount of the people with the epic cape will get legendary. Can't see how if you've solidly worked on it since day 1 you can't have it by now. Maybe they just worded it wrong I am a very literal person.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    I took a 6 month break starting the week before 5.1 and even I have the cloak.