Question Whats going on with the servers?

Anyone have a definite understanding what the heck is going on with a bunch of the servers? Doomhammer has been down all day along with a number of other servers. I would think after a few hours the servers would be back up but all day? Does anyone have real solid definitive information whats going on with the US servers?
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

They are probably secretly testing their new inc tech "connected realms".

Deleted
    if its going on with US AND EU servers then I think that someone, somewhere has fucked up the deployment of the patch, and the connected realms has made a royal mess of things.

There are WAY more realms affected then those listed. Cant even get into the game no more. Been dc ing for 7 hours allr, and not even a glimps that they know about that realm aswell.

someone fcked up, bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Holy shit reading that post made my eyes feel weird. My sight is superfocused too...

fuck this shit man I'm going to sleep

10+ Year Old Account
    Dunno if its connected realm issues or not. I'm on a VERY low pop server (Maiev-US), and haven't had any problems at all.

[US]Dragonmaw, [US]Hyjal, [US]Tichondrius, [US]Twisting Nether are all currently stable without any noticeable or drastic changes in connected. Org, Shrine, Instance/Raid, or World.

Deleted
    first time I have seen the majority of the servers down in a very long time. See the occasion one every now and then, but not on the scale we are seeing at the moment. EU has been down most of the evening from what I can gather. Doesn't bother me too much managed to catch up on some breaking bad episodes

edit -
    Just checked server status, seems a lot are reporting as being up again, but Runetotem, Silvermoon, Stormscale, Terenas are still broken.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-09-02 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Judgement Day: Connected Realms turned onto Blizzard, causing irreversible damage to the servers. WoW is gone!

Area 52 is up, but CRZ is down. Haven't been able to get into Darkmoon Faire for an hour now D:

It's been saying Transfer Aborted: cross-realm zone is down

Bout 50 people sitting here next to me just afk.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Wow, you DO know that this game engine is really old AND really massive right? That changing some stuff sometimes affects things they hadn't counted on right? B/c it does. 'I opened the tap here in the kitchen and the garage door opened, isn't that the damndest thing?'
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

It's not Blizzard fault, it's Telia and some subsequent ISPs fault. Well, they will owe Blizzard quite a money after that.

My realm, Aerie Peak, is now not even listed on the server list.

watafuck

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    It's not Blizzard fault, it's Telia and some subsequent ISPs fault. Well, they will owe Blizzard quite a money after that.
    how do you figure that if Telia cause routing issues, that whole realms vanish, and that it is effecting servers that are not (to my knowledge) served by telia, IE the US ones

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been happening for about 9 hours now, if not longer. It's been happening off and on non stop.

Deleted
    Blizzard are actively avoiding the WoW forums so we can just assume they don't know shit.
    But no problems. I'll just enjoy my free week of gametime when they managed to get their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    how do you figure that if Telia cause routing issues, that whole realms vanish, and that it is effecting servers that are not (to my knowledge) served by telia, IE the US ones
    It is. It would take too long to write why, but it is ISPs issues. It is September, in many countries it is month of sudden increase of load on ISPs. One might think it is first time for them, but no - regularly each September and late December there are lots of issues with ISPs - it's like they never know it's coming and never prepared (or probably don't care).
    This has been happening for about 9 hours now, if not longer. It's been happening off and on non stop.
    In EU it started to happen much earlier - just in lags and couple freaking bugs. But now it resulted in inactive servers.