Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    The problem is connected realms worked fine on the ptr 5.4 added that to live if they are running into big issues with something they should tell us about it. And they knew they were doing this for 5.4 meaning they should have had a list of what they were going to connect long before it ever went live. If they didn't then they are pretty terrible they had months to figure out what to connect before it ever went live.
    PTR only has a fraction of the players that live servers do. PTR testing can only do so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    PTR only has a fraction of the players that live servers do. PTR testing can only do so much.
    I am pretty sure that the PTR has a larger number of players than the realms that would benefit most from being connected to other realms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Funny thing on this is that it would have more players on it then what would be on live. They connected two high pop ptr realms the na and eu pve realms thats a lot more people than what they say they plan on doing on live.

The bottom line is that whether it was only 3-4 realms connected at this point or 10-20 they should have been doing something at this point and if they aren't they should be telling us why they aren't but currently we've got nothing and nothing.

Slowly releasing it is fine but you have to actually be doing something to be releasing anything doing nothing and saying nothing isn't slowly releasing anything.
    Last edited by Wow; 2013-09-23 at 08:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is connected realms worked fine on the ptr 5.4 added that to live if they are running into big issues with something they should tell us about it. And they knew they were doing this for 5.4 meaning they should have had a list of what they were going to connect long before it ever went live. If they didn't then they are pretty terrible they had months to figure out what to connect before it ever went live.
    Why should Blizzard tell you about it? What good would that do you or anyone at Blizzard or anyone else?

Blizzard has its own management and developers and operations and QA. They don't necessarily need random help from the interwebs.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Why should Blizzard tell you about it? What good would that do you or anyone at Blizzard or anyone else?

Blizzard has its own management and developers and operations and QA. They don't necessarily need random help from the interwebs.
    Telling your customers that you're having issues that are delaying the product why would a company ever do that...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Telling your customers that you're having issues that are delaying the product why would a company ever do that...
    Ask yourself: Who does that help?

And it isn't delayed. There was never a promised delivery date, other than (paraphrasing) "Sometime during 5.4."

If it doesn't make it into the game before 5.5 then yes there would be an announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Ask yourself: Who does that help?

And it isn't delayed. There was never a promised delivery date, other than (paraphrasing) "Sometime during 5.4."

If it doesn't make it into the game before 5.5 then yes there would be an announcement.
    Ultimately it helps Blizzard. Currently all that players know is that connected realms are in the pipeline it is likely that some players are going to be holding off paying for transfers whilst they wait for connected realms. There are also players that are stuck on dead and/or unbalanced realms waiting for a Blizzard to implement a solution to their problem in the form of connected realms. The longer players have to wait without news the more likely they are to become frustrated and when a player is frustrated the more likely they are to quit.

Communication between a company and its customers is a good thing and despite what some MMO-C posters will have us believe the majority of players are not unreasonable assholes that are out to get Blizzard at every opportunity. Most will understand if there is some kind of delay or that rollout is going to take longer than expected however customers do not usually accept being told one thing and then a company not following through. By keeping silent Blizzard are only going to end up hurting their bottom line.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-09-23 at 11:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    All I'm seeing here is impatience. You can't raid SoO because you're on a dead realm? Boo hoo. It's not Blizzard's fault that your realm died and you chose to remain. But they're still working on a fix. That's awfully generous, if you ask me.
    So it's the players' fault that they're on a dead realm and they chose not to pay a premium to be able to continue playing the game?

It's 'awfully generous' of Blizzard to make their game playable?

Wow :|

So, how about you act like an adult and wait for connected realms? They're coming and it shouldn't be much longer.

And don't even fucking start with this "bait" bullshit. They specifically said it would be "some time" after 5.4 launch. Maybe some people are silly enough to think that means 1-2 weeks, but the rest of us are smart enough to realize that connecting entire realms might be something they want to slowly implement so that they can get it right.

Also, how do you expect them to adapt the naming system for mergers? "Hey, I'm Asterix, and this guy is Asterix(*)." Get a clue.
    Actually, it's 'Hey I'm Asterix and this guy is Asterix (#)'. But close. And do you really think Blizzard would have made the decision to merge realms and not thought 'Oh gosh guys, some people might have the same name as other people! Whatever shall we do?'

It's the complete lack of information that's making people frustrated. The vast majority of people understand that it can't happen instantly and there will be a period of testing and staggered roll out. But there is absolutely no information being given about this, no timetable, no indication of realms that will be merged, nothing. The game's population has virtually halved since Wrath; even the most unthinking knuckledragger ought to be able to understand easily how that's negatively affected server populations and why people are so desperate for information about this. But apparently not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ultimately it helps Blizzard. Currently all that players know is that connected realms are in the pipeline it is likely that some players are going to be holding off paying for transfers whilst they wait for connected realms. There are also players that are stuck on dead and/or unbalanced realms waiting for a Blizzard to implement a solution to there problem in the form of connected realms. The longer players have to wait without news the more likely they are to become frustrated and when a player is frustrated the more likely they are to quit.

Communication between a company and its customers is a good thing and despite what some MMO-C posters will have us believe the majority of players are not unreasonable assholes that are out to get Blizzard at every opportunity. Most will understand if there is some kind of delay or that rollout is going to take longer than expected however customers do not usually accept being told one thing and then a company not following through. By keeping silent Blizzard are only going to end up hurting their bottom line.
    Jesus

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by iskla View Post
    So it's the players' fault that they're on a dead realm and they chose not to pay a premium to be able to continue playing the game?

It's 'awfully generous' of Blizzard to make their game playable?

Wow :|
    I didn't realize that it cost you money to make a character on a different server. Maybe that would've been a wise decision once you realized that your server was dying and that you weren't willing to spend money on a transfer.

Actually, it's 'Hey I'm Asterix and this guy is Asterix (#)'. But close. And do you really think Blizzard would have made the decision to merge realms and not thought 'Oh gosh guys, some people might have the same name as other people! Whatever shall we do?'

It's the complete lack of information that's making people frustrated. The vast majority of people understand that it can't happen instantly and there will be a period of testing and staggered roll out. But there is absolutely no information being given about this, no timetable, no indication of realms that will be merged, nothing. The game's population has virtually halved since Wrath; even the most unthinking knuckledragger ought to be able to understand easily how that's negatively affected server populations and why people are so desperate for information about this. But apparently not
    Heh, I guess my Asterisk joke went over your head. Hint: * = asterisk.

Anyway, here's what's making ME frustrated about this thread: You guys were told that you would get this new feature, but you were also told it wouldn't be immediately. Now you're expecting it immediately and complaining that it's taking time.

Let's put it this way: I want to watch the new season of Supernatural, but it doesn't start until next month. I have to deal with that. I want to watch new episodes of Korra, but I have to wait for them to air first. I have to deal with that. I'd love to play some of the new games coming out in the future, but they're not here yet. I have to deal with that.

You guys want connected realms? Well, they're not here yet. Deal with it. Complaining about a feature that you were TOLD would arrive LATER just makes you all look like morons. Don't use the new raid as an excuse, or dead realms as an excuse. They're giving you this brand new, awesome feature that's going to revitalize your dead realms. Awesome! And it'll probably be here pretty damned soon. But... you're all getting butthurt because it's not here RIGHT NOW! You're acting like fucking children. "Mom, I don't want to go to Disneyland later, I want to go NOW!" Well, you can't go now. So wait. Act like adults, and wait. If you can't be patient, then maybe you don't really need this feature after all, because, let's be honest, if they were to do it right now... it'd probably break or end up working poorly and then people would make actual, legitimate complaint threads instead of bullshit wah wah where's my stuff BLI$$ARD threads.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-24 at 01:11 AM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Ultimately it helps Blizzard. Currently all that players know is that connected realms are in the pipeline it is likely that some players are going to be holding off paying for transfers whilst they wait for connected realms. There are also players that are stuck on dead and/or unbalanced realms waiting for a Blizzard to implement a solution to their problem in the form of connected realms. The longer players have to wait without news the more likely they are to become frustrated and when a player is frustrated the more likely they are to quit.

Excellent post and its strange how people dont understand how important a large population is to an MMO and apparently nor does the company. I'm glad they are somewhat addressing this but this should have been handled way sooner. I really see blizz losing subs over this unless they start releasing some more info about it and maybe some will return when its completely implemented but I fear the damage will already be done. I see this as being a case of to little to late for most who were on the fence up to this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    Jesus

Thank you
    So, basically, your complaint is that they're not communicating the current state of Connected Realms with us? I mean, you quoted a guy that said basically exactly that.

Well, hallelujah, they communicated to us about Connected Realms 10 days ago. That should satisfy you, right? I mean, you just want communication, after all.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I didn't realize that it cost you money to make a character on a different server. Maybe that would've been a wise decision once you realized that your server was dying and that you weren't willing to spend money on a transfer.

Anyway, here's what's making ME frustrated about this thread: You guys were told that you would get this new feature, but you were also told it wouldn't be immediately. Now you're expecting it immediately and complaining that it's taking time.

Let's put it this way: I want to watch the new season of Supernatural, but it doesn't start until next month. I have to deal with that. I want to watch new episodes of Korra, but I have to wait for them to air first. I have to deal with that. I'd love to play some of the new games coming out in the future, but they're not here yet. I have to deal with that.

You guys want connected realms? Well, they're not here yet. Deal with it. Complaining about a feature that you were TOLD would arrive LATER just makes you all look like morons. Don't use the new raid as an excuse, or dead realms as an excuse. They're giving you this brand new, awesome feature that's going to revitalize your dead realms. Awesome! And it'll probably be here pretty damned soon. But... you're all getting butthurt because it's not here RIGHT NOW! You're acting like fucking children. "Mom, I don't want to go to Disneyland later, I want to go NOW!" Well, you can't go now. So wait. Act like adults, and wait. If you can't be patient, then maybe you don't really need this feature after all, because, let's be honest, if they were to do it right now... it'd probably break or end up working poorly and then people would make actual, legitimate complaint threads instead of bullshit wah wah where's my stuff BLI%%ARD threads.
    You should be the PR person for blizz on this for I'm sure you will convince people to stay with such an eloquent way of telling them, the customer, how childish they are and rediculous comparisons of them. Act like adults, lol, that really made me laugh. Yes you childish people whom are paying customers and want some answers on this very crucial topic can go to hell for we will tell you when we feel it necessary and will keep it secret from you, like top secret Val Kilmer government style and keep paying us and like it, thank you : ). Yep sure to retain customers with that attitude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Connected realms are going to be a live beta basically. No one here knows what Blizzard needed to get from the PTR testing but it's entirely possible that they simply want to go slow with this due to it being brand new and not quite getting everything they needed.

So live beta. Just keep that in mind. Other than the PTR this is entirely untested and going with it on a live realm where people are paying every month for their play experience is going to require a lot of slow small steps. Once they feel more certain about how it's going to go they'll accelerate the speed of it.

Those that think it should be going faster because "CRZ went a lot faster than this" should simply think about that statement and remember how the CRZ rollout actually went with some players. That would be enough to make me think twice, test more and try to be as certain as possible that even if slower it rolls out with fewer problems.

If they want to take their time that's fine with me. I'm 100% certain that many of those complaining about it taking a while to start up would be right here complaining that Blizzard took it too quickly if bugs in the AH/mail system show up.

They'll communicate when they have something to say. Players who think they should get constant pats on the head and reassurance at every turn are simply being immature. Forum tantrums, while mildly entertaining, are pretty useless.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I smell something fishy with that new feature.
    We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.
    Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?
    I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...
    In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)
    Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.
    Wot du you tink?
    "worked on since TBC..." is so exaggerated. It's been sitting on someone's desk, touched every once in a while. Character remodels haven't been a constant thing.
    You need to stop baiting, and you need to stop with the grossly exaggerated speculation.

First of all, realm transfers go up right before and after content is released. Some are have huge boosts or drops in players. Everyone should just give it a while.
    Second, even if it was all completed and ready to ship, they wouldn't do it during or immediately after a content patch. It would take weeks, months even, just to get all the bugs in order on live servers. Is it worth launching virtual realms, when they will of course have problems at the start, while simultaneously launching a brand new raid and changes that come along with major patches? No.
    SoO isn't the only thing that changed this patch. We also have the new PvP season, which brings problems with the "catch-up system" because it's the first new season since it's launch.
    Better waiting than having realms go down every hour or twice a day, every day for weeks. There's no pleasing you people.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Connected realms are going to be a live beta basically. No one here knows what Blizzard needed to get from the PTR testing but it's entirely possible that they simply want to go slow with this due to it being brand new and not quite getting everything they needed.

So live beta. Just keep that in mind. Other than the PTR this is entirely untested and going with it on a live realm where people are paying every month for their play experience is going to require a lot of slow small steps. Once they feel more certain about how it's going to go they'll accelerate the speed of it.

Those that think it should be going faster because "CRZ went a lot faster than this" should simply think about that statement and remember how the CRZ rollout actually went with some players. That would be enough to make me think twice, test more and try to be as certain as possible that even if slower it rolls out with fewer problems.

If they want to take their time that's fine with me. I'm 100% certain that many of those complaining about it taking a while to start up would be right here complaining that Blizzard took it too quickly if bugs in the AH/mail system show up.

They'll communicate when they have something to say. Players who think they should get constant pats on the head and reassurance at every turn are simply being immature. Forum tantrums, while mildly entertaining, are pretty useless.
    Woot way to insult those on dead realms with such a condescending post.. great job and once again then dont freaking mention it as a feature of the patch till its ready to go. Really the only thing immature is calling others immature. I really dont understand this defense of blizzards poor decision making, I mean live Beta freaking christ I guess the PTR just wasn't quite good enough. As far as I'm concerned I'm venting my, and I'm sure others are as well, frustration with the huge issue that is server population, which has been going on for awhile, in association with this now new light at the end of the tunnel feature in patch 5.4 that is connected realms which hasn't done jack crap yet for those on dead realms who want to raid the tier on normal. Hell Blizz, as far as I know now, have not even connected the mentioned realms they said they were connecting as of yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by runedhill View Post
    "worked on since TBC..." is so exaggerated. It's been sitting on someone's desk, touched every once in a while. Character remodels haven't been a constant thing.
    You need to stop baiting, and you need to stop with the grossly exaggerated speculation.

First of all, realm transfers go up right before and after content is released. Some are have huge boosts or drops in players. Everyone should just give it a while.
    Second, even if it was all completed and ready to ship, they wouldn't do it during or immediately after a content patch. It would take weeks, months even, just to get all the bugs in order on live servers. Is it worth launching virtual realms, when they will of course have problems at the start, while simultaneously launching a brand new raid and changes that come along with major patches? No.
    SoO isn't the only thing that changed this patch. We also have the new PvP season, which brings problems with the "catch-up system" because it's the first new season since it's launch.
    Better waiting than having realms go down every hour or twice a day, every day for weeks. There's no pleasing you people.
    Yes allowing those to experience the MMO part in a new raid would be terrible for I do enjoy playing Skyrim, ugh I mean WOW on a solo basis. I'm guessing here, but I think most people would just like to be with a large pool of players ya know to form groups, even large groups, to do things and to me that should have been the number one priority and not worrying about a raid that it seems most can't tackle do simply to population concerns.

You guys want connected realms? Well, they're not here yet. Deal with it. Complaining about a feature that you were TOLD would arrive LATER just makes you all look like morons. Don't use the new raid as an excuse, or dead realms as an excuse. They're giving you this brand new, awesome feature that's going to revitalize your dead realms. Awesome! And it'll probably be here pretty damned soon. But... you're all getting butthurt because it's not here RIGHT NOW! You're acting like fucking children. "Mom, I don't want to go to Disneyland later, I want to go NOW!" Well, you can't go now. So wait. Act like adults, and wait. If you can't be patient, then maybe you don't really need this feature after all, because, let's be honest, if they were to do it right now... it'd probably break or end up working poorly and then people would make actual, legitimate complaint threads instead of bullshit wah wah where's my stuff BLI$$ARD threads.
    A year and a half after Zarhym's famous "bold and spectacular plans" speech it's still the same shut up, pay up or reroll bullshit.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Yay for the community continuously living up to my standard of "Let's overreact to X Y and Z because we're impatient/read too much into what Blizzard does".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    A year and a half after Zarhym's famous "bold and spectacular plans" speech it's still the same shut up, pay up or reroll bullshit.
    Essentially at this point that is all low pop realms have since this "connected realms" feature has amounted to nothing thus far except them telling us its planned/exists and they are still testing it. So really what we have is nothing and in the future more nothing, looking forward to nothing to be excited about, TY blizz may your lip service never waver from delivering empty features.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    When your realm gets merged you won't like your new neighbors either.

The likely explanation for your unhappiness is that WoW just doesn't make you happy.