Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    What don't we know? Aside from which realms are being linked together, we pretty much know how it's going to work, and they can probably decide which realms are going to be together in a day if they just have like five people sit down and look at the numbers.

I really don't know what you're worried about, don't see it being a problem.
    A list would be nice I mean its a week before the patch that contains this feature is about to be released and we have no idea yet which realms connect to which realms.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    A list would be nice I mean its a week before the patch that contains this feature is about to be released and we have no idea yet which realms connect to which realms.....
    Why does it matter though can I ask? What are you going to do in preparation for it? Even then, they said they don't know which yet and they're doing it in bits rather than all realms at once.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iseeyou View Post
    I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.
    We know exactly how it works, they are actually defining realms to be connected, would you prefer them to just blindly take the battlegroups and link em?

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?
    Yes I will, but I don't see any reason to think they will so....w/e

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...
    Where on earth did they say they model revamp was stuck at 25% ? It's a work in progress. Also where did they day they were working on it since TBC ? Why would they start revamping models only 1 expansion after the game went out ?

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)
    Well your opinion is plain bullshit with no actual facts to back it up. I really wonder how and why people are so eager to cry "fake!" whenever given the opportunity

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?

Really, this just looks like yet another case of someone being angry at something they invented.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still no schedule anywhere?

Well.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...realms-update/ - Posted 8 days ago, and updated 6 days ago.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

We have this awesome feature in this patch that will fix all the dead realms. We call it "connected realms", its basically a merger w/o the pr bs. Only thing is, well, it uh.. wont be out at the beginning of the patch, ya know when everyones hyping over it, nope we are going to release it at a later time so you dead realms can watch others do the normal clears while you can't get a grp together for a dungeon. Hope you didnt get your hopes up about playing with other people when the patch hit. So sorry...
    Blizz is way out of touch with their own game-- story is poop and mmo part is non-existent for many realms. My take on this is then don't mention it as a feature of 5.4 until its ready to go instead of alienating the base that doesn't get it right off to one that does. Also it's evidently clear population is a huge problem for many realms so saying you have a solution and then saying oh we do its just going to come later and we cant tell you when.. maybe way later for your dead realm.. Way to bait the remaining playerbase with a false sense of hope which at this point hopefully many speak with their wallets and say they are fed up with this crap. They have to be morons over at blizz to really bait the playerbase for those who were excited and are still paying hoping to get a raid for SOO and for those who quit expecting this to come out launch day, when it should have come out, instead of at a yet undetermined time. Hmm I wonder why Blizz would mention this "feature" around a huge patch instead of IDK doing this before the patch so then all could be connected and enjoying the patch with a bigger pool of players to get that MMO experience they pay for. But let the defense of blizzard commence for this has been an ignored problem for ages and excuses will be needed to appease the base as to why their really dead realm is not connected yet.

I smell something fishy with that new feature.

We dont really know how it works, well tbh we know nothing not even which realm are connected to because they still are deciding stuff.

Would you be upset if this feature only come by next year ?

I'm asking the question because well, that char model revamp stuck at 25% and beeing worked on since TBC....well you know...

In my opinion connected realm is plain bullshit to keep player hoping in something good and not to insub. (-1M next Q?)

Im affraid it wont happen before 2014.

Wot du you tink?
    they can take their sweet old time with this abortion. just having cross realm players connecting and disconnecting in a world boss raid makes my frame rates stutter.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

They have to be morons over at blizz to really bait the playerbase for those who were excited and are still paying hoping to get a raid for SOO and for those who quit expecting this to come out launch day, when it should have come out, instead of at a yet undetermined time.
    They said many times it would not be released on patch day, so quitting when it didn't seems foolish.

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, rather than just smash it in and have CRZ 2.0.

Well.
    This is a one-time deal. There are no do-overs on this one. If they do it wrong, it's stuck wrong. I'm glad they're taking their time doing it right.

I'd like to at least know if my dead "Medium" pop realm is even considered for this vaporware feature.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    They said many times it would not be released on patch day, so quitting when it didn't seems foolish.

I'd rather they take their time and get it right, rather than just smash it in and have CRZ 2.0.
    Hmm I'll be nice and keep this simple for you for my point was that this "feature" really should have been out pre-5.4 so all could enjoy the patch as an MMO or if not then on launch day with the realm lists but all dead realms get instead is blizzard baiting them along with the promise of an MMO experience and what looks to be a great raid except they can't raid it bc the server is dead, no pulse, no heartbeat, dead, dead and dead. I mean it makes me laugh really as they hype the new raid and then tell dead realms "hey look at this... to bad you cant play it yet until bugs ya know." Where's Starship Troopers when you need them to squash these bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by metatation; 2013-09-19 at 04:48 PM.

Well.
    In 3 seperate dungeon groups I was in today, there were people from connected realms.

Hovering over them it said ["Name" - Nagrand, "Guild Name" - Nagrand (Connected)]

So I would very much say Nagrand is one of the first connected realms.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by metatation View Post
    Your comprehension skills are apparently subpar, you should try reading it again in order to understand the point I was making. It's ok though I know how you zealots of blizz will defend them no matter what is said.
    And we know how you haters at Blizzard like to stir up trouble. See how stupid that is? Let's not play that card.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Other than speed up LFD/LFR or PVP ques I don't really see a need for connected realms.

I mean who would want more competition for mine/herb nodes, rares, quest kills etc...?

Blizzard made it pretty clear that Connected Realms would be launching AFTER 5.4 was released. They said this in blue posts during the 5.4 PTR. They also made it clear that it won't be all that long after 5.4. So, I don't know, learn to be patient?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    And we know how you haters at Blizzard like to stir up trouble. See how stupid that is? Let's not play that card.
    Hey I edited that for that reason!!!! Lol dang you and your fast replies for it was up for like 5min. I'm not a hater of blizzard though but I dont see how if your on a dead realm your not upset at this and once again I know when they said it would be released I just disagree with the way they handled it for, in my opinion which are like something, it would have been more practical to have this done pre-5.4. But yes reality and what should have been are two different things but I see this ticking off many people on those dead realms since they have to wait once again as a great looking raid goes by as they wallow in the MMO low population dust bin until x time, which I think and I hope I'm wrong will be many months down the road. On a personal note I maybe cranky bc the wife woke me up at 3:25am EUS saying her water broke and twins are on the way only to find out one of those little guys is resting on her bladder and well you can guess what happened while she slept.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    In 3 seperate dungeon groups I was in today, there were people from connected realms.

Hovering over them it said ["Name" - Nagrand, "Guild Name" - Nagrand (Connected)]

So I would very much say Nagrand is one of the first connected realms.
    Those tags have existed since the patch rolled out. They've named the first two connected realms, and that is not one. Probably just some infra-structure stuff for when the mass roll-out occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Those tags have existed since the patch rolled out. They've named the first two connected realms, and that is not one. Probably just some infra-structure stuff for when the mass roll-out occurs.
    Odd since every other person I was grouped with just had the Usual text, was only people from Nagrand with the Connected text.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Other than speed up LFD/LFR or PVP ques I don't really see a need for connected realms.

I mean who would want more competition for mine/herb nodes, rares, quest kills etc...?
    When I can count the number of people in the shrine on one hand and during peak play times, the newest content (Timeless Isle) doesn't have more than 30 people on either faction, it might be time for connected realms.

Don't get me wrong, I love my little hole-in-the-wall, backwoods realm where there is no competition for the things you mentioned. It just gets annoying when you're trying to get a raid together and just need one or two replacements, yet all you get back in /2 is silence. I can't even tell you the last time any chat channels outside of guild or /1 on the Isle have even scrolled on my screen before fading out.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Maybe a x-realm invite thing? I took a couple SS the day the patch was released showing the same thing you are mentioning. Some guy from another realm was running around on the Timeless Isle and I thought I had missed something about the roll-out.