Poll: Which mail wearer for a 10 man?

Which mail wearer for a 10 man?

If you had a raider who had both a hunter and a shaman with equal gear and he played both equally well, which would you prefer he take to your 10 man to cover a rdps slot? The toon would be the only mail wearer. There would be two other agility classes and two other int casters (plus the flex healer) in the raid. All buffs would be covered either way.

Deleted
    Probably shaman if he plays all 3 speccs good, always nice to have a hybrid if he will only be dps then I dunno elemental can be nice with their raid cds and assist healing rain on tough dmg, hunter doesnt rly bring much to the raid if you allrdy got the buffs covered

Deleted
    If it was for progression and flexibility, Shaman all the way. They can range, melee and heal. They have tons of utility, and can use int mail (that hunters can't use) so less wasted gear. Just personal opinion though. They should play what they prefer ultimately, as that would have them enjoy the game more and technically do more dps (as they're more likely to do more with a class they prefer).

I've never played a shaman, but I'd even go with them as they really bring more to the table in a raid.

Shaman.
    Hunters haven't been that useful since the beginning of the expansion and are on par with Shams DPS wise. Shams can switch spec (especially ele<->resto), can grab agility gear, brings nice off-heal, bring Stormlash, brings lust (Beastmaster too but I don't see a lot of them) and have a broken AOE.

So yeah, Sham all the way.

Deleted
    From a pure DPS pov?

Either, neither are exactly dominating atm.

Shaman can cover healing or dps.

Hunter can cover any buff you might be missing on that day on the flip side of that though.

From a personal PoV we always have at least one shaman and we would love a hunter as it would mean better buff coverage.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-09-03 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Wrooooooooonng!!

From a token standpoint, both use protector tokens so that doesn't matter when it comes to raid comp. It depends if you want enchanting materials early on from disenchanting intellect mail gear.

While I love my hunter, and he's my main, all things being equal a Sham will give you more coverage of things. Just being able to swap between heals and DPS can make a big difference, especially where you can (or maybe just can't) 2 heal something. Plus, as others have said, there wont be any wasted gear as he could use both Agi and Int mail. Granted Lunchbox makes a good point on any chanting mats.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    From a token standpoint, both use protector tokens so that doesn't matter when it comes to raid comp. It depends if you want enchanting materials early on from disenchanting intellect mail gear.
    I maybe mistaken but I think the new patterns don't require any equivalent to blood spirits or haunting spirits, they are just restricted and learned from the new profession CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    This has to be the dumbest comment ever, no offense, but if you need epic level enchanting mats, AH is your friend.

The last thing you want early on in a patch/expansion for progression is getting useless gears disenchanted.

The shaman will offer a lot more flexibility with OS if you ever happen to need it, not to mention they have so much more utility and support as opposed to the hunter. You never know when you might need that extra healing and ankh has gotten my guild a few progression kills over the years. They bring a lot more beneficial things to the raid imo. If you're really that concerned about gear, you want to check how many people would be sharing offset pieces, not just armor type (jewelry and trinkets, agility versus intellect).

Healing tide, enough said.