Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are all pre-MoP mounts soloable for hunters?

I have soloed some basic and easy bosses to get mounts I want. I'm wondering if all pre-MoP mount bosses are soloable for hunters?
    I'm interested about DW mounts, South wind drake, Ultraxion's mount, Mimiron's head and Invincible. Atleast Lich King,Yogg-saron and Al'Akir are all soloable but what about bosses before?

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure dreamwanker is a solid stop for hunters... maybe if you heal him with spirit beast, it would take forever tho. alos not sure about thorim, since he used to insta kill everyone if there was noone on arena.

Just soloed Thorim yesterday though its really tricky.

Deleted
    Yogg is solo able ( a hunter did it in surv spec ) it is hard though. LK is also solo able not sure how, don't really care since i got the mount anyway:P Rest of it should do just fine

Also it depends on your gear, if you got 460 gear i would't try it...522+ then everything will be easy.

Deleted
    Really depends on your gear, not too sure the DS encounters are solo able, but worth a shot deathwing may be tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalin View Post
    Just soloed Thorim yesterday though its really tricky.
    Well, the mount drops from Yogg, not Thorim. Is there something I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    You need to defeat Thorim to get to Yogg.
    Well obviously, but that's not what the thread is asking... lol

Al'akir is easy to solo but the Conclave of Winds is quite difficult (though recently someone discovered it was doable with enough gear/consumables/crit luck). If you can either do Conclave yourself or find someone to help you, you can save an alt to the 1/2 lockout and keep extending it for your hunter so he can go right in to al'akir every week.

As for DS, Ultraxion drops a mount and might do too much damage to be solo'd. He has 56 million HP on 10 man normal (though you would have to do it on heroic if you wanted to also get the mount from heroic madness of deathwing I think) so it would take at least a few minutes to get him down. The buffed 5.4 spirit bond and SoO gear might make a the difference if it's too hard for now.

Actually now that I think about it spine of deathwing would be impossible on heroic anyway due to lack of dispel, right? The blood corruption debuff still does enough damage to kill and it goes out often enough that I don't think you could get around them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Skygoneblue View Post
    Cant solo Yogg with out killing Thorim....... SO yeah, id say the comment is in line since he was a cock block fight due to mechanics at one time and it still kinda complicated.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? Are you even awake? Obviously that is directly in line to what the thread is asking, because if you cannot even get to the boss, then you have zero chance of ever getting the mount.

Tried to be a smartass and failed, You lose, You lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    What? Are you even awake? Obviously that is directly in line to what the thread is asking, because if you cannot even get to the boss, then you have zero chance of ever getting the mount.

could also bring a friend for those bosses before /say 11/12 icc cuz buddy wants transmog gear. up to general> same thing. well you get the idea. OP is asking wether or not the BOSSES who drops the mounts are soloable. not if he can get to the bosses on his own.

and yes im aware he asked if the bosses before are soloable, but since he its 1 out of 2 questions. id say you tries to come with a witty comeback and failed. everything can be fixed with a buddy hopping in for 10min.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultraxion currently does too much damage to be solod. He deals extra damage against pets, so your pets will take a beating, and he does a continual AoE pulse that wrecks you.

As stated, he MIGHt be able to be solod with SoO gear and the 5.4 spirit bond+Spirit beast healing. You will probably need to do extremely high, 200k+ dps to kill him before he kills you, though.

Normal Madness will be a decent dps check, but should be soloable. The primary things is trying to kill the corruptions before the second impale, and burning down one of the terrors before stacks on your pet/self get too high. Most damage in Madness comes at a steady rate, and is low enough that spirit bond would be able to keep you up.
    Last edited by Raugnaut; 2013-09-04 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    pretty sure dreamwanker is a solid stop for hunters... maybe if you heal him with spirit beast, it would take forever tho. alos not sure about thorim, since he used to insta kill everyone if there was noone on arena.
    It's perfectly doable with 4-5 spirit beasts. The fight mostly consists of casting spirit mend, dismiss, summon next pet, cast spirit mend, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post

No need to be snarky. I wasn't trying to be a smartass.

If someone asks, "Can I get to work today?" and another person replies, "They finished the bridge construction." that doesn't tell the whole story. It helps, yes, but it doesn't answer the question.

Soloing Thorim doesn't mean soloing Yogg, who drops the mount, which is what the thread is about.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    I tried to solo Dreamwalker a few weeks ago (520 ilevel) with a Spirit Beast and a stack of bandages. I failed miserably. Casting Spirit Mend on CD and using Bandages on her whenever I could, I got her up to about 70% or so if I recall. Then I was viciously overrun by the adds. If I remember correctly, it was about the 8 minute mark or so. There isn't much of an enrage, but adds just spawn more and more frequently the longer the fight goes. By that point, I just literally couldn't kill them quick enough and I was overrun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    It's perfectly doable with 4-5 spirit beasts. The fight mostly consists of casting spirit mend, dismiss, summon next pet, cast spirit mend, repeat.
    I gotta say, I didn't even consider rotating Spirit Beasts for the heal....I failed a bit it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Ultraxion currently does too much damage to be solod. He deals extra damage against pets, so your pets will take a beating, and he does a continual AoE pulse that wrecks you.

As stated, he MIGHt be able to be solod with SoO gear and the 5.4 spirit bond+Spirit beast healing. You will probably need to do extremely high, 200k+ dps to kill him before he kills you, though.

Normal Madness will be a decent dps check, but should be soloable. The primary things is trying to kill the corruptions before the second impale, and burning down one of the terrors before stacks on your pet/self get too high. Most damage in Madness comes at a steady rate, and is low enough that spirit bond would be able to keep you up.
    200k DPS is not the issue, surviving is...

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    Thanks! I soloed ICC10man normal mode easily with 5 spirit beasts and swapped to 25hc. I'm about to find best strategy for LK25HC and hopefully beat him

I think I have too low gear to try Yogg25 alone and Conclave of Wind 10 normal. Or is there any tricks on Conclave with bad (ilvl525) gear?

No need to be snarky. I wasn't trying to be a smartass.

If someone asks, "Can I get to work today?" and another person replies, "They finished the bridge construction." that doesn't tell the whole story. It helps, yes, but it doesn't answer the question.

Soloing Thorim doesn't mean soloing Yogg, who drops the mount, which is what the thread is about.
    Obviously if the answer was "The bridge is down" you'd know they couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Roflifier View Post
    Obviously if the answer was "The bridge is down" you'd know they couldn't.
    And the point of restating the obvious was...?

And the point of restating the obvious was...?
    If you read the thread in its entirety, you will see that the second poster mentions he is unsure as to whether or not Thorim can be soloed. This is why I replied to the thread that I beat him solo recently. I think we are all pretty aware that Thorim himself doesn't drop a mount.