Deleted

WH40k Eternal Crusade

Since the other thread on in this section is out of date and the game is no longer what people were expecting, I will create this thread and keep it up to date as new information comes in.

Eternal Crusade is an upcoming Warhammer 40,000 MMO/shooter that is due for release at the end of 2015, it is said to be in the style of Planetside 2 but with more emphasis on the MMO part, most things are pure speculation at the moment and facts will be added as and when they are confirmed.

What business model will the game use?

Although it’s still under consideration, the current plan is that Eternal Crusade will be “premium with a free-to-play option.” By purchasing a copy of the game, you will have access to it forever with no need for a subscription. There will be post-launch expansions, as well as a cash shop for customization & convenience items. If you don’t want to buy the box, you can still try the game as a free-to-play version of an Ork character. As opposed to the premium Orks, your progression will be slower and some options will be locked off, but you’ll be able to go anywhere and fight for the Waaagh! If you like it but still don’t want to pay the full price, you can unlock some of the missing options with microtransactions.

Eternal Crusade is partially F2P. Without paying, players can access the game but are limited to Ork Boyz, who cannot advance beyond a certain degree. Those who buy the game have access to all factions and full advancement. There is no monthly subscription, however a cash shop is planned.

The game will be mostly PvP, happening on one planet at a time. A new planet will be rolled out when a planet is conquered. Tyranids are NPCs and will be used in part to keep things a little bit balanced if player faction numbers are too unequal or one faction is dominating for other reasons. They will also constitute the PvE content, probably all of it.

Orks

Klans: Goffs, Evil Sunz, Deathskulls, Bad Moons

Classes: Boys, Nobs, Mekboy, Painboy, Stormboy, Weirdboy

Space Marines

Chapters: Ultramarine, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Dark Angels

Classes: Tactical Marines, Devastators, Assault Marines, Apothecaries, Techmarines, Librarians

Chaos Space Marines

Legions: Iron Warriors

Classes: Raptors

Eldar

No craftworlds thus far confirmed.

Speculated Classes: Swooping Hawks, Bonesingers, Warlocks

Tyranids

While Tyranids are confirmed to be in the game, they will not be playable. Instead, they will be an NPC faction, providing enemies for PvE content.

Eternal Crusade will also feature an EVE-like single server, though Caron pointed out that the game's economy is "a very simplified EVE."

Other mechanical tidbits include a three-pronged advancement hierarchy beginning with squads and moving on to strike forces and then war councils. Caron said that the councils will ultimately decide objectives for the game's players via their chosen faction, though he also noted that you don't have to follow the hierarchy and are free to strike out on your own. Hierarchy XP bonuses may dissuade you from doing so, however.

The game will also feature friendly-fire, though it will have some sort of "reduced potency." The concept is still being ironed out, but Caron explained that shooting a friend won't be exactly like shooting an enemy. If you're an experienced player in mechanical terms and you shoot a friendly, you'll get a harsher penalty because you should know better. If you're a low-level player and you shoot a friendly, you'll get some sort of debuff that says you're bad at shooting.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-09-03 at 04:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We're still actively chatting about it in the other thread - but a thread swap is probably a good idea ya

I didn't know about the EVE-based economy idea, that's big and pretty awesome news IMO. Do you think that will mean we get space-ships and space battles over our mining territory eventually? There is actually some incredible potential in that - to make an EVE-like 40k 'universe'.

Then they could do the whole game-interaction thing like EVE/Dust 514 overlap (in concept) - except that Dust 514 beta wasn't very impressive, but replace that with Space Marine-esque multiplayer and we have a very exciting MMO potentially on our hands
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Whehey, I'll march...do space marines march?.. I'll charge/fly into battle with you Rich!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping they really stay true to the franchise, and make sure it has that dark, Lovecraftian feel to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    We're still actively chatting about it in the other thread - but a thread swap is probably a good idea ya

I didn't know about the EVE-based economy idea, that's big and pretty awesome news IMO. Do you think that will mean we get space-ships and space battles over our mining territory eventually? There is actually some incredible potential in that - to make an EVE-like 40k 'universe'.

Then they could do the whole game-interaction thing like EVE/Dust 514 overlap (in concept) - except that Dust 514 beta wasn't very impressive, but replace that with Space Marine-esque multiplayer and we have a very exciting MMO potentially on our hands
    I think adding ships to the game would be excellent, but I can never see it happening due to the sheer size of the game and the whole 1 world server thing. Maybe if this game is popular they will make an expansion pack or a spin off game that will tie both games together but I would not expect it for many years. One thing I would love to see is the ability to create your own Klan/chapter/warband just like you would a guild complete with custom colour schemes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Whehey, I'll march...do space marines march?.. I'll charge/fly into battle with you Rich!
    Space Marines stomp, everything gets stomped.

Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2013-09-03 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised I've only just heard of this .
    The fact you can play Space Wolves has me instantly interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    I'm surprised I've only just heard of this .
    The fact you can play Space Wolves has me instantly interested.
    It is not being advertised very well, hence the reason I made this thread, people are still under the impression that we are getting an MMORPG, this NOT the case. This is the Space marine shooter with some MMO elements.

Deleted
    Other races will be added in the future aswell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is not being advertised very well, hence the reason I made this thread, people are still under the impression that we are getting an MMORPG, this NOT the case. This is the Space marine shooter with some MMO elements.
    Which sounds downright awesome.

Devastator with plasma canon right here. Or assault marine, either's good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    Other races will be added in the future aswell.
    That has not been confirmed by anyone, so I would not state it as fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Which sounds downright awesome.

Devastator with plasma canon right here. Or assault marine, either's good.
    I love the heavy bolter, lobbing hundreds of armour piercing grenades into hordes of Orks just sounds glorious.

I better be able to play as a Striking Scorpion!

Sure hope they incorporate enough role/class complexity to accurately mirror the detail of the 40k universe. Would suck to see it all reduced to generic shooter mechanics

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I better be able to play as a Striking Scorpion!

Sure hope they incorporate enough role/class complexity to accurately mirror the detail of the 40k universe. Would suck to see it all reduced to generic shooter mechanics
    Well we already have a few melee classes such as the Assault marines and howling banshees, I see no reason why they cannot add striking scorpions. They must be careful not to fall into the trap of adding too many classes though or where would it stop?

Closing this as we already have a megathread for the game: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mer-40k-MMORPG

However I did update the OP of the megathread with your post as it contains much more information. If you'd like to update it again, shoot me a PM with any additions and I'll make sure they're included.