Spirit of Chi-Ji (Holy Paly Legendary Cloak buff)

I need some clarification. How does the new legendary cloak work, and how do we maximize it's usage.
    Here's a link to the buff (called Spirit of Chi-Ji):
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146200/...hi-ji#comments
    The buff states:Your helpful spells have a chance to grant you Spirit of Chi-Ji, increasing all healing done by 5% and causing all overhealing on players to be redistributed to up to 5 nearby injured friends, for 10 sec. (Approximately 0.58 procs per minute)

It has a .58 PPM, which means that it will (roughly) proc ever two minutes (right?).

My experience:
    I've played on the PTR, and I've gotten the lgendary cloak.
    Unfortunately I've only tested 10m PTR, and I haven't tested 25m. I was never able to get much healing from the buff...so I just want to see how to maximize it (mainly from a 25m point of view...10's would be appreciated as well).

I see a lot of discussion talking about going for the 14th EF tick (7170 haste from http://www.sacredduty.net/2012/11/21...for-tankadins/)

Why would you want to maximize this over mastery? Is it for cloak procs? It sounds like all your healing has a chance to proc the cloak...
    So, do you want to go EF to try to proc it, or are you going EF to try to maximize the proc EFFECT (where the over healing goes to 5 injured players).

Once the proc occurs - what do you cast to maximize it's 5% usage...since you'd already have EF ticks rolling.
    Do you just HR -> HR -> HS -> LOD, then rinse repeat?
    Also, does the overhealing effect go to the beacon?

Deleted
    Paladins have a spec specific RPPM of 0.64 I believe making it closer to once each 1.5 minutes. IDK to what extent we can maximize it now with AoE heals being smart targeted, I'd say the best you can do as a holy paladin would be to make sure you have a good amount of EF going since LoD will smart heal.

Also, it's worth saying that haste does nothing to increase the proc rate. As it's RPPM and doesn't scale from haste as long as you cast a spell every 10s you should see similar proc rates.
    Last edited by mmoc3f252392be; 2013-09-03 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    Why would you want to maximize this over mastery? Is it for cloak procs? It sounds like all your healing has a chance to proc the cloak...So, do you want to go EF to try to proc it, or are you going EF to try to maximize the proc EFFECT (where the over healing goes to 5 injured players).
    You are correct that all your healing has a chance to proc the cloak. The idea of going for EF+haste for additional tick is an attempt to maximize the overhealing redistribution effect from that proc (in addition to other benefits from EF+Haste) - as none of your mastery bubbles can be redistributed. Whether that's worthwhile or not is debatable.

Daybreak and EF ticks (and possibly Prism) are whats most likely to trigger overhealing and be redistributed since most aoe is now smart targeted (and should theoretically have less overhealing).

Unsure of the interaction with beacon (beacon's overhealing i would think should get redistributed from the proc - but i donlt think any healing done by the cloak proc gets passed through to the beacon) - more knowledgeable pallies from the ptr can clarify
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2013-09-03 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Paladins have a spec specific RPPM of 0.64 I believe making it closer to once each 1.5 minutes. IDK to what extent we can maximize it now with AoE heals being smart targeted, I'd say the best you can do as a holy paladin would be to make sure you have a good amount of EF going since LoD will smart heal.

Also, it's worth saying that haste does nothing to increase the proc rate. As it's RPPM and doesn't scale from haste as long as you cast a spell every 10s you should see similar proc rates.
    If the RPPM is .64 (once every 16/25 or ~1.5 minutes)...I just don't get how EF haste builds will benefit the cloak proc that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was averaging 8-10% of my total healing from the cloak. Just using EF blanketing. I wasn't going for any breakpoints.

Deleted
    I have 2 questions
    1.If cloak "steals" OH does it mean OH wont proc mastery for the duration of the legendary proc?
    2.Does cloak healing proc mastery?
    Last edited by mmoc6fdd720c46; 2013-09-04 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by mcbubble View Post
    If the RPPM is .64 (once every 16/25 or ~1.5 minutes)...I just don't get how EF haste builds will benefit the cloak proc that much.
    Lowered Holy Shock cd = More EF
    More EF + More ticks on EF = More overhealing
    More overhealing = Cloak becomes very happy with you.
    Not to mention, you get to squeeze in more spells when the cloak does proc, and makes it easier to squeeze in that extra spell when LMG procs.

Anyway, I see the cloak as a bonus rather than a main mechanic to rely on.

P.S. I can't remember if the cloak proc scales on haste as well, someone needs to verify this.
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2013-09-04 at 01:38 PM.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If you mean haste in the sense that it interacts with the cloak like having 15% haste would give a lower rppm than 30% haste then it should. It is an rppm based proc after all.

Accoring to the RPPM Haste Change Table that was postet here the healer proc rate won't be modified by haste.

Ah, I see now thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by cremor View Post
    Accoring to the RPPM Haste Change Table that was postet here the healer proc rate won't be modified by haste.
    Is that why it was changed from .58 RPPM to .64 RPPM?

No, as you can see in the table I linked the cloak had 1 RPPM back then. The change to 0.64 RPPM for Holy Paladins happened when they made seperate RPPM values for all healer specs.
    Last edited by cremor; 2013-09-05 at 05:24 AM.