Thread: Quick question!

Question Quick question!

Hi guys,

I have a little question about Ele DPS "rotation"... Is it recommended to use Unleash Elements each time is off cd before a Lava Burst? Or is it a DPS loss?

Thanks!

Currently it is a DPS loss. The only time you will want to use unleash elements as ele is in pvp for the extra burst.

Deleted
    It's a very small dps gain if your Lava Burst is off CD and if Flame Shock has a 1-2 sec duration left. If you LB + FS at the same time, both spells will benefit.

It's not worth the effort though, it's not even a 1% gain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not worth it, no. I mean there are some instances where you *can* use it for a very very minor gain, it's just simply not worth it though.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Oh ok, yeah I felt that I was doing less damage and that my rotation was feeling a bit "clumsy" with the time I was losing when activating Unleash Elements...

It's useful for something like Interupting Jolt on Dark Animus. That is, of course, if your FS has decent duration remaining and you have less than like 4 LS charges.

Deleted
    Procs ur meta on the pull before applying ur first flame shock...that is probably its best usage if you don't want to waste the time practicing the double impact trick.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are only two instances were you will use UE(outside of special situational i.e H horridon dino, H tortos shell i know ppl like to use UE for those), the 1st instance is when you are moving example lei shen from pillar to pillar, the 2nd instance is opener IF you have LMG. My opener is UE>EB(if im using it)>FS double impact is not hard u just have to hit FS before the cast hit best way is to cast EB and while casting spam FS; if ur using PE on a fight i personally dont like to go for double impact but still use UE for meta proc on FS for surges

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah some people opt to do it while moving/in transit.

Honestly though, if you don't feel comfortable using it, chances are you'll be losing WAY more DPS than you'll be gaining.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Unleash Elements is only used in conjunction with Elemental Blast in a PvP scenario for that extra burst. It's almost perfect for it actually, an instant on a 15 second cooldown with a 2.5 sec casted 12 second cooldown ability.

I just wish we got something similar to Elemental Blast as a baseline ability, without it the rotation feels like there's a massive hole in it. It'd also give us the option to choose Unleashed Fury (making Unleash Weapon useful anyway) and Primal Elementalist.
    Last edited by BlissfulBlithe; 2013-09-06 at 11:52 PM.