Deleted

Question regarding Secrets

If one has already killed the bosses in Throne of Thunder before acquiring the quest to obtain 20 Secrets of the Empire, is it possible to obtain the Secrets if you go back and kill the bosses again after you get the quest? I'm pretty sure you can but I'm doubting myself now O_o

Everything I've been able to find says no. I remember reading a blue post about it, but I wasn't able to find it again. Once the boss is dead, it locks it for the week, regardless of if you were on the quest or not.

The item you would get off of the Sha for that quest, is a quest item, so you could get it on a subsequent kill. These items are boss drops, and you can only get one boss drop per reset. Two if you did not burn a coin the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    The item you would get off of the Sha for that quest, is a quest item, so you could get it on a subsequent kill. These items are boss drops, and you can only get one boss drop per reset. Two if you did not burn a coin the first time.
    The Sha and Lei Shen items are not tied to the weekly lockouts, the Secrets of the Empire and Titan Runestones ARE. They are NOT obtainable with coins, you get one chance per boss kill on any difficulty. If you already killed a boss that week, you do not have a chance to get a secret until the raid reset the following week, even if you picked up the quest after you looted said boss(es).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    The Sha and Lei Shen items are not tied to the weekly lockouts, the Secrets of the Empire and Titan Runestones ARE. They are NOT obtainable with coins, you get one chance per boss kill on any difficulty. If you already killed a boss that week, you do not have a chance to get a secret until the raid reset the following week, even if you picked up the quest after you looted said boss(es).
    And yet, the blue posts posted in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1338120-Runestones would disagree, at least wrt Runestones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Secrets of the Empire and Titan Runestones are tied to Lockouts. Friends and myself have done TOT LFRs to complete "A Test of Valor" in the past. When we tried to return the same week and do all 12 Bosses again for Secrets of the Empire we never got any.

I also got my 20th Secret after beating Lei Shen one week. The same week I tried to return and get the guaranteed Titan Runestone but it didn't drop.

So my warning would be if you're going to complete "A Test of Valor" in the same week you want Secrets of the Empire, don't run TOT until you've done the Achievement/Quest. The same for nearing the end of your Secrets of the Empire Quest. Use LFR Parts 1 and 2 before you even do Parts 3 or 4 because you'll ruin yourself at getting Titan Runestones for the next part of the Quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunnar View Post
    Secrets of the Empire and Titan Runestones are tied to Lockouts. Friends and myself have done TOT LFRs to complete "A Test of Valor" in the past. When we tried to return the same week and do all 12 Bosses again for Secrets of the Empire we never got any.

I also got my 20th Secret after beating Lei Shen one week. The same week I tried to return and get the guaranteed Titan Runestone but it didn't drop.

So my warning would be if you're going to complete "A Test of Valor" in the same week you want Secrets of the Empire, don't run TOT until you've done the Achievement/Quest. The same for nearing the end of your Secrets of the Empire Quest. Use LFR Parts 1 and 2 before you even do Parts 3 or 4 because you'll ruin yourself at getting Titan Runestones for the next part of the Quest.
    Yes, your only guaranteed drop is on the first kill of Lei Shen, regardless of the status of the quest. However, you should have a chance to pick up Secrets or Runestones from any boss if you were on a different stage of the quest when you killed them the first time.

Of course, better safe than sorry, but if, for example, going from Secrets to Runestones requires killing some of the last 6 bosses, it's worth repeating the kills in LFR, just don't expect a guaranteed runestone from Lei Shen if you previously killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.