10+ Year Old Account

Old Tank Returning to Tank ... lost

Folks,

I used to be a good tank. After a while I took a break, try new things do other stuff. Now I am looking to play back the game and its seems it has changes so much that dps can tank dungeons.

But I want to go back and tank, what would be the best source for fights? All my sources are kinda out dated.

Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Sorry man, i just didnt get you.
    What do you mean with " source for fights" ?

Deleted
    What class do you play?

There's some pretty good stickies in each of the respective class forums regarding tank specs.

The game has shifted from a 'stack stamina so you don't get globaled' to an 'active mitigation' kind of playstyle. Tanks are actually in control of their health bar these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairchild View Post
    Sorry man, i just didnt get you.
    What do you mean with " source for fights" ?
    There used to be bossKiller and other website with raid strategies. What would be a good source now days?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    What class do you play?

There's some pretty good stickies in each of the respective class forums regarding tank specs.

The game has shifted from a 'stack stamina so you don't get globaled' to an 'active mitigation' kind of playstyle. Tanks are actually in control of their health bar these days.
    Excellent Thx. I been browsing the forums. I play Paladin. I used to be spec for self healing. Hence I still use "the undying title".

if you mean 5man heroics, yes they are MUCH easier than previous expansions...too easy infact and it makes them VERY boring, i can easily solo packs of trash and all bosses on my elemental shaman, just today i pulled 2nd boss scarlet halls the tank got locked outside, me(ascendance) and resto druid popped cds (HoTW) boss dead 20 secs later 2man no tank.

but when it comes to raids dont worry tanks are very much needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.icy-veins.com/ is a good website for learning fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boricuaxo View Post
    There used to be bossKiller and other website with raid strategies. What would be a good source now days?

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent Thx. I been browsing the forums. I play Paladin. I used to be spec for self healing. Hence I still use "the undying title".
    I suggest reading the pally sticky then and after that you could head over to sacredduty.net for more in-depth explainations.

Deleted
    Rather than make a new unnecessary post ill jump on this one..in the exact same boat myself ..used to play my guardian druid in ds but since my mind has blanked lol..have checked the druid forum and the tank guide seems extremely outdated..is there a up to date feral tank guide from 85 around? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dndii/advanced is my bear..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you mean 5man heroics, yes they are MUCH easier than previous expansions...too easy infact and it makes them VERY boring, i can easily solo packs of trash and all bosses on my elemental shaman, just today i pulled 2nd boss scarlet halls the tank got locked outside, me(ascendance) and resto druid popped cds (HoTW) boss dead 20 secs later 2man no tank.

but when it comes to raids dont worry tanks are very much needed.
    And I suppose you're not overgearing the fights at all..
    Sure dps can tank the heroics. But that was not the case unless you had a very skilled dpstank as well as a healer who spammed oom on trashpacks without any raidgear as a newly dinged lvl 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    Rather than make a new unnecessary post ill jump on this one..in the exact same boat myself ..used to play my guardian druid in ds but since my mind has blanked lol..have checked the druid forum and the tank guide seems extremely outdated..is there a up to date feral tank guide from 85 around? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dndii/advanced is my bear..
    It's not outdated, just there weren't any significient changes to update it. It is entirely good and still very usefull as it is now. The only thing that you might not see in the guide yet is that you most likely will reach crit cap and will need to choose whether to go haste or mastery (and maybe gem stam if you need it for some strange reason which you shouldn't need). Nothing else really changed. Ofc the author could write that guide is up to date to avoid such things, but oh well.

This active mitigation thing is really crappy especially for old tanks resubbing. Least DK's blood strike is part of their rotation, and paladin's "Active" mitigation is healing themselves and other people so it's rewarding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    This active mitigation thing is really crappy especially for old tanks resubbing. Least DK's blood strike is part of their rotation, and paladin's "Active" mitigation is healing themselves and other people so it's rewarding.
    What are you smoking. Must be some heavy stuff.

Active mitigation is amazing. Tanking has never been better. Sure if you'd like to 'tank' by simply stacking stamina and going afk it might 'suck'. But why play at all then?

Every class gets their AM from doing their priority/rotation. Not quite sure what you're on about with DKs and blood strike (it's Death Strike btw).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    What are you smoking. Must be some heavy stuff.

Active mitigation is amazing. Tanking has never been better. Sure if you'd like to 'tank' by simply stacking stamina and going afk it might 'suck'. But why play at all then?

Every class gets their AM from doing their priority/rotation. Not quite sure what you're on about with DKs and blood strike (it's Death Strike btw).
    AM isnt balanced fairly over all classes though. I'm pretty sure bears have some of the most situational stuff out of everyone. 45% dodge. Sounds fantastic, then you dont dodge. Our other one requires us to live through the hit. Kind of meh :/ Were stronger in other areas thankfully.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    AM isnt balanced fairly over all classes though. I'm pretty sure bears have some of the most situational stuff out of everyone. 45% dodge. Sounds fantastic, then you dont dodge. Our other one requires us to live through the hit. Kind of meh :/ Were stronger in other areas thankfully.
    Nothing is perfect from the start. At least blizzard realised that not everyone was equal and 5.4 looks like it's balancing that a lot closer. Bears got compensated for the RNG with 20% more stamina + 30 sec barkskin so they can better cover those big nukes. I also believe a lot of the stacking debuffs have been made avoidable (don't quote me on that though).