Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    How can a kid with a debt this large possibly be called rich? We should mind our own business, plain and simple.
    Because comparing an individual to a state is extremely specious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    it is your responsibility. you can do something about it, you should do something about it. it's not their problem but a problem for all of humanity to solve. i'm sick of nationalistic sentiment like this.
    Think before Act!
    Think before jumping into a trouble hole.
    btw, where is the WMD in Iraq? and who is responsible for that?

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    Most of which are war veterans that the US government craps on.
    Well, don't let the fact vets make up 13% of the homeless adult population get in the way or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ashblond View Post
    Think before Act!
    Think before jumping into a trouble hole.
    btw, where is the WMD in Iraq? and who is responsible for that?
    i believe a saw an article from wikileaks about WMDs in Iraq not long ago.... also @ Raybourne its a civil war they started perhapes if they were being invaded i might agree but no they brought this on themselves
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    I hear a lot of people saying that we shouldn't help the Syrians because they are the ones that bombed us. I don't believe that, and I refuse to judge all Muslims over the evils of one select group (Al Qaeda). Besides good human beings help people even if they were enemies in the past, and if we don't help them then we are just as low as the people that bombed us.

If we don't do anything how will the rest of the world look at us? We will be the greedy rich kids that didn't help people when they needed it. Imagine how hated the US would become in the future. An entire generation of Syrians would hold grudges in their hearts against us if we don't help. Plus the vast majority that need help do not have links to Al Qaeda most are just women, children, and basically families. Yes, Al Qaeda hurt us bad, but it takes a bigger man to help his enemy than hate him. Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.

All I am saying is that there are also consequences if we don't do anything.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere (Martin Luther King).
    i guess you don't know that Al-Qaeda was started and funded by CIA and pretty much does what US asks them to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Notchris View Post
    Well, don't let the fact vets make up 13% of the homeless adult population get in the way or anything.
    Given that veterans account for at least 8% of the general population, that's not exactly unexpected. If one in ten people are veterans, it follows that one in ten homeless are veterans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    i guess you don't know that Al-Qaeda was started and funded by CIA and pretty much does what US asks them to do?
    they used to do what the CIA asked them to do times change
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by sanaubia View Post
    So the CIA asked them to fly planes into the Twin Towers?

10+ Year Old Account
    You can either look like the spoiled rich kid that helps no one or the guy who tries to impose himself on everyone else. In both scenarios, everyone hates you, but the former is better for your economy.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Interesting that you brought this up.
    The justice and law is that, international military action should be under UN security authorization.
    U.S = United States =/= United Nations. U.S. law is valid in US, and it is government is responsible for that within its own territory, not in foreign countries. International action like this without UN authorization is breaking the law and justice itself.
    US role is not international police, but another international citizen obeying international law.
    Last edited by ashblond; 2013-09-09 at 12:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shortsighted US cowboys with a 6month ADHD timespan and a bunch of EU compromising rednecks on one side - lunatics on the other side.

Nothing good will come out of this and yes I'm presume this is if the Assad regime is accountable.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    America should keep there fingers out of it. I am sorry but its none of there business. The Arab league should be the ones dealing with it because its in there area.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    America should keep there fingers out of it. I am sorry but its none of there business. The Arab league should be the ones dealing with it because its in there area.
    Their*

And the mass-murder of innocent people anywhere is the business of innocent people everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Their*

And the mass-murder of innocent people anywhere is the business of innocent people everywhere.

Yet the US is the only ones even considering action, so what does that say for the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Åmbulance View Post
    Yet the US is the only ones even considering action, so what does that say for the rest of the world?
    That they're content with the status quo of having the U.S. bear the brunt. However, I don't think it's exactly that simple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    Their*

Same apply to torture under US rulership?
    Leading question...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear a lot of people saying that we shouldn't help the Syrians because they are the ones that bombed us. I don't believe that, and I refuse to judge all Muslims over the evils of one select group (Al Qaeda). Besides good human beings help people even if they were enemies in the past, and if we don't help them then we are just as low as the people that bombed us.

If we don't do anything how will the rest of the world look at us? We will be the greedy rich kids that didn't help people when they needed it. Imagine how hated the US would become in the future. An entire generation of Syrians would hold grudges in their hearts against us if we don't help. Plus the vast majority that need help do not have links to Al Qaeda most are just women, children, and basically families. Yes, Al Qaeda hurt us bad, but it takes a bigger man to help his enemy than hate him. Helping Al Qaeda may actually force them to have a change of heart, and then the middle east may actually like Americans.

All I am saying is that there are also consequences if we don't do anything.

Why is it the responsibility of the United States to get involved in another nation's civil war? We're broke, we got out of Iraq not too long ago, and now you want to get involved in another war? When is enough enough? Are we suppossed to keep intervening until the nation is completely bankrupt? Do you honestly think we can continue doing this until world peace exists? That's not a realistic train of thought grounded in reality.

It has nothing to do with Al Qaeda (who was created by the U.S. in the first place) so much as it has to do with getting involved in a foreign nation's civil war. Might I add that China and Russia are also patrolling the area with warships, this could very well lead to World War 3. It disgusts me how many sheltered people on these forums blindly support war, but wouldn't want to be on the front lines themselves. It's like diplomacy isn't even an option anymore.

FYI, if you're talking about how the world looks at us, btw, I imagine we'd be looked at as a nation that actually follows its rule of law if congress votes down a war resolution reflecting the will of the people.

Also, the line about Al Qaeda having a change of heart, that's cute. You should look at history from even the last 20 years and see how well that's worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    i believe a saw an article from wikileaks about WMDs in Iraq not long ago.... also @ Raybourne its a civil war they started perhapes if they were being invaded i might agree but no they brought this on themselves
    blah blah boring heard it before not impressed

We need to bomb Syria.... to see what's in it.

-Nancy Pelosi
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think we should draw the line at offering humanitarian aid along with fellow allies. If it comes to the point that there are refugees that need to get out of there for a while, then help them.

Honestly it's insulting that many are against money going into programs and junk to help our own citizens, but throw it into some other country, in a good or bad way, sure why not.