[EU] PvP-Live Dueling Tournament

PvP Live Dueling Tournament

Signing up for the tournament is now closed. See my 2nd post for information on players, brackets and the stream time.

Not sure how many of you are active on Twitter, but recently Holinka shared a post from a site hosting a Dueling Tournament. I thought it'd be cool to share it with you guys as it will hopefully be an interesting stream! A couple recognisable names have entered: Hildegard, Häxantutto, Wowdruid, Virent and myself!

A few questions to get the brain-juices flowing:
    • Which class do you think performs best in duels?
    • Which class do you think has the least weaknesses?
    • Who do you think will win?

All these questions will be answered on stream, here: www.twitch.tv/pvplive on Friday 6th (this week) at 7pm CET (1pm New York, 10am LA) when a winner will be decided.

Read below for the full list of rules, prizes and times/dates.

Dueling time!
    PVP Live hosts a 1v1 tournament on the European ArenaPass, called tournament realm by most players. We have awesome give-aways for all those entering the arena.

In order to get some loot you have to participate at the dueling tournament we host on Friday, 6th of September 2013, 7pm CET (Berlin), 1pm New York, 10am LA. The tournament takes place on the tournament realm and you can only compete if you purchased the ArenaPass on an EU account.

We will stream the tournament on the new PVP Live twitch channel. Be sure to subscribe.

Thanks a lot to Blizzard for supporting us with mounts and pets for the tournament!

The Rules
    • All tournament matches, except the finals, will be played as best of one in a single elimination bracket.
    • The finals will be played as best of three. Players may change specs and gear in between the games as long as everything has been set up before.
    • Wargames in Nagrand arena will be used for all games.
    • All games have a six minute time limit. After the time limit the player with more damage done wins.
    • Eating and drinking is allowed.
    • If a player DCs, there will be no replay unless no major cooldowns have been used. Judgment on this comes from the tournament organizers.
    • Heart of the Wild is banned from use. Instead, the Druid can pick a defensive cooldown from symbiosis (Warlock, Death Knight, Priest).
    • No tank specs, no healing specs.

The prizes
    • 4x Armoured Bloodwing Mount
    • 2x Blossoming Ancient Pet
    • 2x Celestial Steed Mount
    • 1x Cinder Kitten Pet
    • 3x Lil Ragnaros Pet
    • 1x Pandaren Monk Pet
    • 2x Soul of the Aspects Pet
    • 4x Swift Windsteed mount
    • 1x Winged Guardian Mount

Prize selection
    The winner can pick his prizes first. He or she gets to chose three codes from the prizes but has to pick three different prizes (not 3x Armoured Bloodwing Mount for example).

The second placed player chooses his two codes next and also needs to pick two different prizes.

After that the third placed one has his chance to pick two different prizes.

All other participants enter a lottery and get their codes as private message on the PVP Live forums.
    Source: http://pvp-live.com/pvp-live-dueling...t-on-arenapass

(Note: MMO-Champion, nor myself, are getting anything for posting this and we are not affiliated with PvP-Live - I just wanted to share this tournament with readers of this forum to try and increase it's participation. Let's revive the PvP community guys!)
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-09-05 at 06:35 PM.

For those interested, the brackets have just been released and thus the 16 competitors have been announced. Some new names that have entered are Nauree, Colard and Theed - all 3 of which are some pretty well known names in EU.

It'll be an interesting tournament, a fair amount of class diversity and obviously a lot of really good players. Unfortunately my first game is a Windwalker mirror against arguably the best WW in the world (Nauree) - so it'll be an interesting game and I'm hoping to not get stomped too fast. Who knows, I might even be able to pull out a win if I'm lucky!

Remember, this is a single round elimination tournament... so 1 death and you're out. If you're interested in watching it, then it's going to be streamed here: http://www.twitch.tv/pvplive tomorrow (Friday 6th) at 7pm CET (1pm New York, 10am LA).

Brackets can be seen below.

Source: http://pvp-live.com/pvp-live-news/

(Note: MMO-Champion, nor myself, are getting anything for posting this and we are not affiliated with PvP-Live - I just wanted to share this tournament with readers of this forum to try and increase it's participation. Let's revive the PvP community guys!)
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-09-05 at 06:34 PM.

Was fun, gz on 3rd.