Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pick apart my healing, please!

Armory: snapfox
    Epeen: Epeen
    WoL: Just find a boss to critique me on
    Exprience: As a resto shaman, I've only raided MoP 16/16 and 11/13H

My guild has been commenting on my healing a lot lately. I'm so tired of hearing it too, I want to know what I'm doing wrong and I'm losing my mind over it. I have no idea what I'm messing up on.

I literally want anyone to just pick my healing apart. Telling me exactly what you see I'm doing wrong from just my logs alone. I know you can't actually see me in game playing, but I can tell you I have fantastic mechanics and that's not what's stopping me from outputting heals.

Addons that I use to "help" my healing:
    VuhDo
    Tellmewhen
    TotemTimers
    DBM

So please, anyone! My feelings will not get hurt, I take all criticism very well. I just need to know what I'm doing wrong or I'm lacking.

Sorry I've this is my 3rd thread, I'll relax after this one for those who have noticed <.<

Thanks Yoni for the signature!
    RDRUID: Radfox

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I just brushed over the logs. You used a lot of UE, so I assume that you do the UE-HR stuff. I mean, I read your stuff on these forums and you seem to have enough of a grasp of shaman healing to know that sort of stuff and do it

Your main problem is that you have to try and look good on the meters next to two priests and a monk. No way those co-healers will let you look good. And at this point in time, you can flame them for being afk if you beat them on the meters in any way, shape or form. Judging from that healing roster and your low performance, your raid is simply running with too many healers if you ask me. You're overgearing content like crazy. How can your guild expect you to actually still find something to heal what with the situation being as it is? Your co-healers can heal faster and more efficiently than your class allows you to.

Looking over your gear, I see nothing special aside from you having got 'lucky' on a lot of mastery pieces and being unable to get rid of any more of that stat. And at this point it's a terrible stat (might not be quite as terrible in 5.4, but we'll have to wait and see). Are those spirit trinkets still necessary? I mean, they really really suck. They're horribly bad. They're mana battery trinkets. Do your co-healers need you to be a mana battery?

T15-4pc isn't so awesome in 25-mans. If you have some better itemized non-set items rotting in your bank, try to fit them in, maybe?

Still, your main problem isn't gearing, haste breakpoints, gemming, etc. It's that your guild wants you to "compete" with priest and monk healing. And that's a battle that you basically cannot win.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Your main problem is that you have to try and look good on the meters next to two priests and a monk. No way those co-healers will let you look good. And at this point in time, you can flame them for being afk if you beat them on the meters in any way, shape or form. Judging from that healing roster and your low performance, your raid is simply running with too many healers if you ask me. You're overgearing content like crazy. How can your guild expect you to actually still find something to heal what with the situation being as it is? Your co-healers can heal faster and more efficiently than your class allows you to.

Looking over your gear, I see nothing special aside from you having got 'lucky' on a lot of mastery pieces and being unable to get rid of any more of that stat. And at this point it's a terrible stat (might not be quite as terrible in 5.4, but we'll have to wait and see). Are those spirit trinkets still necessary? I mean, they really really suck. They're horribly bad. They're mana battery trinkets. Do your co-healers need you to be a mana battery?

T15-4pc isn't so awesome in 25-mans. If you have some better itemized non-set items rotting in your bank, try to fit them in, maybe?

Still, your main problem isn't gearing, haste breakpoints, gemming, etc. It's that your guild wants you to "compete" with priest and monk healing. And that's a battle that you basically cannot win.

You're right, I really shouldn't be competing with them, but my officers don't really grasp that. They think I'm just pulling all around low numbers. We've told them that 6 healers is way too much for farm content but they're so content with it that they aren't letting us dps until tonight! 1 week before SoO and they 5 healed some fights but mostly 6 healed them and sat me for our Raid leader who has randomly decided to druid heal... That's a whole new story on its own.

I got really unlucky with my gear, nothing but mastery items drop for me and i pretty much want to rip my hair out. SoO, hopefully I'll be a bit smarter and pick up gear that isn't covered in mastery.

The only other trinkets I have are normal horridon and valor, which I wanted to try- but I was sat. I like one of the cause I can reforge the spirit into haste helps me hit the 9100 haste. But you're right I could easily go without.

I'll look into my gear once more and see if I can find some better pieces. I know I have some stuff laying around in my bank.

Also I'll be getting my 600 cape on day of 5.4 for those who are giving my cloak the stink eye.

Is your RL going to continue to heal on that druid for 5.4? If so, he sounds like a typical flavor of the month player to me!
    Now if he sat you for his alt shaman, I'd start looking for a new guild.

Seriously, Serisse hit all the main points.

Hopefully you won't be sat on Tuesday and you can show off all our spiffy new buffs.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you, apart from that I'm the raid leader so I have to go :P We run 10 mans, with a priest and a druid usually, priests are so OP its not even fun to even look at graphs lol. But on 10 man, running normal farm nights, we go down to 2 healers and I get to play Ele, I thought about changing chars to a monk, but when I saw the 5.4 changes, I thought I'd stick it out and see how the "balance" works. Lets just hope we are back on form again, as 5.2 sucked for us big time, 5.0 wasn't bad due to no one having enough spirit, well thats my explanation for it lol.

Good Luck to you, hope they don't bench you, all because they don't understand when a healer is sat there twiddling his thumbs waiting for something to heal, doesn't mean they are a bad healer lol. Lets hope 5.4 makes the Shaman shine once more, or at least make us competitive, getting beat on Megaera makes me sad lol.

Deleted
    Your Healing Rain % seems to be low. It usually places itself in the 30-40% zone, for you it's around 25. Perhaps you aren't finding enough spots to put it on and/or missing UE on it? Just a thought. There's always a place you can dump it on 25m, be it melee or even tanks (if there's 2 of them, it's usually fine to drop HR).

I think part of the throughput problem is your intellect level and your trinkets. At your ilvl and Spirit level, you should be at closer to 24,000 INT. A big part of the issue is probably your two trinkets, both in the lack of INT and their impact on throughput. The proc on both of the ToT Spirit trinkets is extremely underbudget for their item level compared to the proc on other trinkets, and using them means that you have less INT and more secondary stats (and INT generally beats secondary stats by a large margin). The Spirit trinkets are great if you are being asked to use a full mana battery build for progression, but if you are being pushed for more throughput numbers, you really want to avoid using them. Horridon's Last Grasp/Soul Prison of Lei Shen are BiS at least at the 522+ ilvl. If you don't have/can't get those, I would consider getting the 522 Shado Pan VP trinket and trying to get your hands on heroic Spirits of the Sun from Tsulong (through Open Raid or something) until you can get the ToT or new SoO trinkets.

As far as spell usage, 25% HR healing is fairly normal; I rarely see it hit 40% even on Iron Qon/Ra-Den unless I am not using enough Chain Heal. Megaera is the only fight where your HR healing looks really low. You do seem to have a tendency to use GHW and other single target heals too much over using Chain Heal. Unless a single target is so low that they need direct immediate healing, a 4 target Chain Heal on a Riptide target is always more throughput than a single target heal. Use the cluster finder feature on VuhDo or similar unit frames if you don't use it already to help indicate targets that CH is worth bouncing off. Your HST usage also seems to be a little low. At your haste level, it should be ticking 10 times. On Council, you have 77 HST ticks, which indicates you probably used it 8 times in a 6:45 fight when it could have been used closer to 14 times. HST usage won't always be perfect, because sometimes you will need to clip it for MTT/HTT, but it should be close. I personally use a Weak Aura that makes a sound when HST is off CD but MTT/HTT and find that helps alot.

As far as T15 4pc, I think it is still worth using, as long as you aren't say using 522 tier gear over heroic TF pieces to get it. AA does still proc off the Riptide direct heal, and you still use single target spot heals. On a heavy AOE only healing fight like Ra-Den/Council/Iron Qon, the set bonus accounts for maybe 2% extra healing, and it can approach 8% on fights like Dark Animus with lots of single target healing. I don't think you are going to make up that throughput with Thunderforged offset pieces.

Deleted
    You really dont seem to be anything unreasonably wrong, a short 3 step guide to correcting them might be:

1. show them this http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/#00000000...00000000111111
    2 Get int, in 25 man i recon that nothing can really compete with int during farm.
    3. bitch and whine about not having any proactive healing.
    4. sabotage the other healers so you can 4 heal and your mastery will start to kick in!

really, if they are flamming you for your healing at this point in time, they are just ignorant. The better solution is probably to just straight up quit and find a new guild - if they are not willing to take the extra time and look into matters on their own, they probably wont bring you much good in the long run.

and hey, if anything show them this thread, so they can see you have other shamans behind you.

ps. ancestral guidance is awesome! - i frequently use it in 10 man - and it should be far stronger in 25.

I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination (our guild is still struggling through normal mode).

But from looking over your logs, I really think it is the simple fact that there's not much for you to heal and that your raid is running with more healers than needed. In a case like that, Resto Shaman are going to take a beating, especially against two Priests and a Monk. Your healing numbers are just fine, it really is just that the other healers can pump out the HPS so much faster. What Seriss said above is quite true, I feel. Your performance isn't a you problem, it's a game problem in that your co-healers are just better designed classes.

Tiberria points out some great techniques that will boost your HPS and thus chart standing, but it's not really necessary since your raid's healing is well covered. It sounds like your raid leader(s) want your raid drenched in overheals to provide a comfortable cushion to allow for mistakes. So either they need to be convinced that one healer should be a DPS (and whether that is you or someone else I don't know) or you just overheal your heart out to boost your meter ranking and grab loot.

Basically, you can risk the chance of losing your raid spot to a DPS or accept that you will be overhealing a lot and spam your way up the meters. It's a tough decision as I hate meter padding and un-necessary healing so I can't really make a recommendation!

Your best bet, if you don't want to find a new guild right before Siege, is to grin and take it and enjoy the time off. Shamans are lining up to be much stronger next patch and your numbers should increase. That being said if your Healing Officer and Raid Leaders don't know the general standing of all the classes that's sign for trouble.

As others have said there isn't enough for you to heal. I have to imagine your Healing Rain placement could be a bit better and maybe you can squeeze in some more Healing Stream Totems but overall your numbers look fine considering the odds you are against.

Shaman are good in 5.4. If they sit you they are idiots. Still looking solid in 25man and even better than we were in 10 man.

I do agree with the trinket choice hurting your throughpout but in 25man most resto shamans I know run the mana battery trinkets.

I don't think your'e doing anything wrong to be honest. Drop a healer during farm if you can... but like others said, its hard to compete with such classes.

I think your RL is just making excuses to replace you for his Druid, i can not believe that a RL from a guild that is 11/13 doenst know where the healers are right now,...

Quote Originally Posted by Elios View Post
    I think your RL is just making excuses to replace you for his Druid, i can not believe that a RL from a guild that is 11/13 doenst know where the healers are right now,...
    That's what boggled my mind. If this guild is downing heroic bosses with room to spare on over-stacking healing, they're having no problems, so that the RL(s) don't understand where the classes stand just makes no sense to me.

I mean, if he wants to ask you to sit out so he can bring in his druid for a bit, he should just ask. Resto Shaman are going to be doing a lot better in 5.4 so to risk losing an obviously able player from the team is pretty foolish.

With the OP's gear and experience, he'll have no trouble finding a guild for 5.4 that would welcome him with open arms.

thank you all for replying, i appreciate it so much more than you can imagine.

Things i'll be doing tonight (if i even get in) is remembering to place HTT more and better placement of my HR. I think I'll drop my spirit trinkets and bring back my VP and HG normal trinket for the intellect. I don't ever have a mana problem so I can't see myself having a hard time adjusting. I've exhausted myself thinking that i'm this awful shaman because I can't pull the numbers that the other healers do, so thank you once more for peace of mind.

As for my RL going on his druid, i forgot to mention that he's not Diosdehierba on those logs. He's actually "grapeyew" and we were 7 healing... Yes, 7 healing fights last week. Sadly, no one uploaded those logs. That's why this week we (as healers) are fighting to only 4-5 heal things but they continue to tell us to 6 heal and I'm (of course) the one who gets sat. Granted I don't need much gear, but I would LOVE to have some practice before 5.4 hits.

Again, thank you so much for putting your input in.

Here is the Weak Aura string I personally use for HST. It puts an icon on your screen plus plays a sound (in combat) when HST is off CD and none of HTT, MTT or HST are currently active.

dWJ(iaGEsvs7svvBtQsZuKYCvPmBv52Q4MKQYHf8nPQ8xe2Pe7LA3KSFazuKQeddr(nsxwzOIKgSQkdNuoOkvNcrPC msLZHOyHIQLIOYIfQwoQEOivpfAza0ZbnreLmvjnzrmDIlkvXPLYZaQRJYgfjSvsvQndKTRQ8Asv10ekFwiFhrvJKu fJfrPA0IcJxu6KIIULirxdqDEvY4aWJLk)uQQ26C1yZyMkzCqHUDlZoQcElZIEtGAlWjifZi0OU)X(33FDKmEmMymX vJm44exUqYidoorwxizmB)GabN4c4)6aaCF6agaajbwhGaB8QFqGGtCk6RpWaqgsXircqD92BFaeZGszmGncIYxeNY ujPtFuURUOZfDUaOl6CbSl6CjMl6SymzWGW4bz5Ho9hXPmvIJBegoRUScJpNBmzWGW4bzPGYxeNYujoUrH3IIg3vJn zNs4mxizKbhXjiDzSeYXuZ5gzWriuzNs4mNBKbhHqLDQxAZ5gHA79kHZCbyWKjMr5sBgHsqyqJm1(Msmgyc1OqLDQx AZfWgzWr0KDkHZCUrHk7ucNzupl8AQiG(HcFHdq)QuzhJ7BkXy6u6lHsEfq)sLtJ4dcb6NEb127r2mYGJaQT3ReoZ5 gzWr0uFJdNZnYGJGPAIZTymEOt)rCktL0piqWjUaOXok9LqjVY5g5ujinQYfsg74unISUq6FmDgZyTOmeNcGbtc4Eb 3lzaaaWa0hyabWGszSEnYPsqMZn(OHexnYGJO7fGqNBKtFZvJh2tAUAXIrgCeQ9nUJBKbhbuBDo3y3laHUAe2urVze 1ZD9DVyXidoIo6jEqCUrO26C1iSPIEZfWwSymEOt)rCktLKo9r5U6Ioxi9hyxa0fs)b2fWUq6pWUeZfs)b2Irf7u5T OOXHUeZiiQsWMEDUaymJGO8fXPmvsDzfgFgRlRW4dEd127DVtAFbPrv9)n(lCbV1t3RPbhbYugJh60FeNYuj1Lvy8z SUScJp4nuBV39oP9fKgv1)34VWf8wpDVMgCeitz804Ck3Xn2XPAexUq6FmDg5lQrv1lTzS1rvgdpTmcUOZy83uj6JM mJ5P1tHSmgssAsJQcpcH3IIgh6Ql6C1OWBrrJ7Qr5sBgHsqyqJm1(Msmgyc1idoIM6BC4CUX9nLySsLDmczX33usQ8 bQL1iMApPLMrHk7ucNzupl8AQiG(vBjdOFvQSJrgCecv2PeoZ5gzWrWunX5gHS47BkbzGa1YAKi97yLaR3jx1OqLDQ xAZfWgzWriuzN6L2CUrMQjg1EHRXTyKPeElkACxnkuzN6L2CbSflUaORgfElkACxnkxAZiuccdAKP23uIXatOgzWri uzNs4mNBCFtjgRuzhJqw89nLKkFGAznIP2tAPzKbhrt9noCo3OqLDkHZmQVGka0VAlza9RsLDmYGJGPAIZnczX33uc YabQL1ir63XkbwVtUQrHk7uV0MlGnYGJqOYo1lT5CJmvtmQ9cxJBXitj8wu04UAuOYo1lT5cylwCbSRgfElkACxnkx AZiuccdAKP23uIXatOgfQStjCMr9SWRPIa6hk8foa9RsLDmYGJqOYoLWzo34(MsmwPYogzQMyu7fUg3iKfFFtjPYhO wwJyQ9KwAgzWra127vcN5CJm4iAQVXHZ5gzWrWunX5gHS47BkbzGa1YAKi97yLaR3jx1OqLDQxAZfWgzWriuzN6L2C UrO2EVs4mxizXitj8wu04UAuOYo1lT5cylwSymPb74tgbNkbPrvUqYOSScJpJ1Lvy8bVHA79U3jTVG0OQ()g)fUG36 P710GJazkJD0JgFqOJBSLyupyfOFPtwa9dqJKVLiz4uamaaedqa0biaKrxFKrh4EnOugRxJmLWBrrJ7QrgCeqT9ELW zo3OqLDQxAZfWgHA79kHZCbyWKjMfJHoPrvqxncLaxC1ycLi6rjVJBeszQeIUmck1Eg1xakJBeszQeJzQKXbf62T7j j9RG3sLhKuc(pPBiLPsG3i7xp6FAuKXekbKYujo3IfJuEBkjinQYOE3d5QzM(90mM0GAVWvMDuLXmvY4GcD7wMDuf8 gQT3JaZiKqjpbzTdvLZxqYWIXpx0fJejl2

well I already have a thing that tells me when HST is off CD

and I have it countdown so I can use totemic recall for the mana back

(When it comes off cd it blinks at me)

I feel your pain Snapfox, I heal in a 10 man guild currently 4/13 Hc with either 2 disco priests (sigh) and/or a Monk. I've stopped looking at my recount when healing with the 2 discos as it is just depressing how OP they are and how annoying that my mastery is rendered crap, but as long as bosses die and there is no deaths i'm content. Bring on 5.4! I've 2 healed normals so that is some reassurance that I have a grasp at what i'm doing

At the end of the day if you are not happy with your current situation and your guild are not willing to understand then it's time to move on and find a more welcoming environment.
    “I’m like King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of: "Sorry to tell you that my friend, but as a shaman in 25, your only job is to handle healing stream and mana tide totems and maybe pop lust sometimes".

Anyways, shaman can have a hard time in 25, exspecialy with 1 or 2 disc priests, a druid and a holy pala or monk around. Either hide your healmeter or just get over it, better times are coming with 5.4.

I also heal 10m (6/13 HC down) with a priest and a druid, dont know whether they suck or I am op: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/eredar/willimaar/

Quote Originally Posted by MrWilson View Post
    I also heal 10m (6/13 HC down) with a priest and a druid, dont know whether they suck or I am op: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/eredar/willimaar/
    your not bad but i wouldn't say op. Most fights in 10m are 2 heal though.