Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Shaman Season 14 Set, Kor'kron Juggernaut Mount, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, DLC #405

New Interview From Gamescom, Wyatt Cheng on the Mystic, Blue Posts

Beta Opt-In Wave For US, Blue Posts, Fireside Chat Reminder

Patch 5.4 - Season 14 Shaman Armor Set
    Keep in mind that this is just a preview and the final set may be different!

Patch 5.4 - Kor'kron Juggernaut Mount
    The Kor'kron Juggernaut mount is a reward for killing Garrosh on Heroic difficulty.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Rated Battlegrounds
    you can say: wait? what the difference with Random battlegrounds?
    Indeed and that is exactly the issue. Rated BG's have higher rewards than random BG's because of the organisation that is involved in getting the group together and coordinating them for success against another organised group.

Also you are always forced to go on a communication program like teamspeak what not everyone likes to do.
    This is one of the parts involved in trying to run an organised group, not all information can be given through chat, especially quick commands for targets and CC. This is not to say it's required, but it's definitely recommended to improve your chances of victory.

So when you hit 90, and want to pvp. you first have to farm all honor gear, witch is a REAL REAL PAIN to do. Because everything 2 shots you and you hit like a wet towel.
    The damage received by freshly dinged players is generally the same as those who are fully geared, depending on what you gem and enchant. This is because of the implementation of base resilience to all players. The main difference is the damage or healing you do, but that doesn't mean that you're unable to contribute.

And random BG's is swarmed with bot's. i'm not even start talking about this.
    I'll just touch on it quickly and say that we are constantly dealing with the issue of bots and are doing everything we can to lower and remove the impact they have on your experience in World of Warcraft. Also; if bots are something that concerns you in random BG's, then creating a queuing system for rated BG's would also feed this across to the conquest grind as well.

We understand that there are benefits behind having a queue for rated BG's and that there are people that would like to see this implemented, but we also feel that there are more positives than negatives behind keeping it restricted to premade groups only. This is not to say that the discussion is closed, we greatly appreciate any feedback that you have on the subject. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Professions
    Made an account just to ask this; Are there any plans to update crafting professions to keep up with the leveling process?
    Yes, but no immediate announcements. We agree it's a problem. (Source)

are we definetly going to see the sky golem next patch?
    I can never say definitely until the patch ships, because sometimes there are last minute changes. At the moment, it looks good. (Source)

UI / Addons
    I wonder, do you use addons for raiding or you're confident about original UI? #notgoingtoabuseyoureanswer
    It varies. I'm responsible for UI so I feel an obligation to experience the game sans mods. I like to see why mods are popular too. (Source)
    I'd argue (and do, as a game designer and lecturer) that WoW's mods are important - can config UI as people like!
    Oh, totally agree. I meant specific mods that gain a lot of popularity. (Source)

Character / Items
    Concerned about valor points in 5.4... got 11 90's running out of stuff to buy in 5.3, so what will we spend valor on in 5.4?
    Upgrading your best gear. (Source)

ok so dumb question....why is it harder to get justice points than it is to get valor points?
    We didn't do at great job of integrating justice points into the MoP reward tapestry. (Source)

Why no mastery at low level? Shouldn't players have more time to get used to stat effects/usefulness?
    We find new and low level players have plenty of things to learn. (Source)

Why no siege weapons have no cool procs?
    We wanted the heirlooms to be very competitive, which would be tough if there were procs competing with them. (Source)
    Procs are cool. We will do them again. The SoO trinkets are pretty cool in the meantime. (Source)

restricting dailies is a terrible idea. Make the REP they give accountwide, not the quests.
    What about the concern that if player X does 100 dailies a day, I have to as well to keep up? (Source)
    I just don't want to have to unlock the quartermaster 10x over. Is that asking too much?
    In vanilla, many of us had 1-2 characters. Now many have 5-10. They don't want to do something 5-10 times, understandably. (Source)
    We know some players want to be able to raid on all their alts without having to spend much time gearing them up. (Source)
    But if you're trying to level up alts now, I would skip the quatermasters and do Barrens in 5.3 or Timeless Isle in 5.4. (Source)
    The issue here, as it always is, is how much commitment should the second (and so on) character require? (Source)
    if cataclysm was too alt friendly, I think mop shifted that paradigm slightly too far in the other direction.
    We agree with that. Our main goal for MoP was to make sure players always had plenty to do. (Source)
    If you have one character, that should work fine for you. If you have five, I can see how it was overwhelming. (Source)
    5.4 is pretty alt-friendly though, in the same way the final patch of past expansions were. (Source)
    Our goal is to make the second take less than the first, but still not zero. We know that won't make some players happy. (Source)
    Which quartermaster is a problem? If you had to do it 5 times in 5.0, then that is a problem, as we've said. (Source)
    Blacksmith needs Klaxxi. Tailor/Enchanter August Celestials. LW need Golden Lotus. Thank you for listening.
    Does it demean your effort if every player with several 90s had access to all those recipes once they did it on 1 character? (Source)

Honestly all I want is my Cloud Serpent Riding.
    We might change the riding requirement to account-wide in 5.4. Feels like it has served its purpose. (Source)

Expansions every year in future? So people who hate leveling should just quit? FYI leveling is awful for some.
    It is a problem for sure. We lose a lot of folks who never make it to max level (or even expansion min level). (Source)

Your stated design intent: legendaries useful for a whole expansion. Reality: 5.0-5.1 legs useless in 5.4. Please revise.
    I believe that design intent was about weapons. Regardless, your meta gem will still work. (Source)
    Having every orange item stick around 5.4 would be too much power difference between haves and have nots. It's huge as it is. (Source)

Misc
    i've been wondering like forever...what does "lead systems designer" entail exactly? i can see many overlaps.
    We use systems as in contrast to content. Content does levels and quests. Systems does features and combat. (Source)
    Encounter designers are part of the systems team, largely because they are so combat focused. (Source)
    Overall there is a ton of overlap. A systems designer may help out on pet battles. We all contribute to scenarios. Etc. (Source)

I asked what he does focus on as the lead dev, not what should he.
    Spend most of my time making sure other designers aren't blocked, ideas for future content, systems work with programmers. (Source)

Because every blue post seems to be "well I don't think so" or "maybe someday". If you cant answer something don't even bother
    Players get upset if you never answer but very few of our answers are going to be "We agree! Change incoming!" Kind of a catch 22. (Source)

Could make the case that WoW has enough cognitive difficulty that mechanical difficulty in leveling would be wasted
    I like leveling being challenging personally. The problem is our attempts to make leveling faster also made it easier. (Source

Dark Legacy Comics #405
    A special hand drawn edition of DLC has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2013-09-06 at 06:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice shaman set like it alot!

Quote Originally Posted by xaniix View Post
    Nice shaman set like it alot!
    Alot (Hindi) is a town and nagar panchayat in the Ratlam district of Madhya Pradesh, India.

Nice mount, I shall call him Deathsting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Alot (Hindi) is a town and nagar panchayat in the Ratlam district of Madhya Pradesh, India.
    And "pretentiousness" is an attitude being expressed in the post I quoted.

Did you also know that Greenland really isn't all that green?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

lol, DLC, oldschoolin' it.

Someone get the author a nice india ink quillpen set! Or if anything, microns and a nice set of primacolors.

Agreed. Shaman set looks really nice. I should level up mine

Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    It's all well and good being pedantic about things, but when you copy-pasta the first line from a wikipedia article, it just shows up your total lack of knowledge. Fail-troll.

That's some badass mount!

Deleted
    yay! KSP found it's way to MMO-C! (sort of)

Shaman set looks like a Warlock set except with a wolf head. Fel magic and all. Mount is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynei View Post
    It's all well and good being pedantic about things, but when you copy-pasta the first line from a wikipedia article, it just shows up your total lack of knowledge. Fail-troll.
    That's an awfully snide response to an extremely tame correction.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

Deleted
    You can´t report people for botting

You can still meet entire teams of bots

Most bots are paying customers

That´s how much Blizz cares about bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Psynei View Post
    I think he was going for irony with a hint of sarcasm. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning Mr. Grumpy Pants?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mount looks nice, but was expecting a mount that is ground and flying.

I don't think I like the mount, it looks..... kinda dumb imo. And it's not a flying mount. So reward for this tier....2 ground mounts and 1 flying one that should of been in wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    The wolf mount for the ahead achievement could of at least be a bit Sha infused for a neat look.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And "pretentiousness" is an attitude being expressed in the post I quoted.

Did you also know that Greenland really isn't all that green?
    Greenland has the most miserable weather 24/7 than any other part of the planet where people insist on proper living in.

Also that shaman set is amazeballs.

Yes. Amazeballs.

- - - Updated - - -

People still QQ-ing over a flying mount thats being USED by the NPC's as part of the plot itself. something already indicated in the current scenario's when we found those eggs. something that makes perfect tactical sense (dragon-killing/taming orcs deciding to not waste time on sentient drakes and go for Proto drakes from a continent where they have a large presence and number of bases in.

Well set isnt bad purplish color is horible but green is cool . could have done in yellow /brownish but to many recent sets were in those colors.

And i am dranei male and this looks so horrible on dranei

"Honestly all I want is my Cloud Serpent Riding.
    We might change the riding requirement to account-wide in 5.4. Feels like it has served its purpose."

About fucking time they got their head out of their ass on that one. Also I agree if we're having expansions every year they better make level 100 the level cap and no more leveling when expansions come out. It's annoying enough for us already especially with alts but also it's becoming way too overwhelming for new players having to spend a ton of time trying to get where the action is.