Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

RNG concern... A humble request from desperate players.

---- This is a post from the Official WOW foruns. If you agree woth the below request, please post something there (eu servers) ---

Hello there everyone.

First of all, this is not a QQ threat, or at least, its not my intention to be one.

I'm a collector, it's one of the thing i enjoy doing in wow. Being that achivments, mounts, pets, anything that can be collected, i'm all for it. i have made my peace with the rng a long time ago, and i know the implications it have. I am farming the Warglaives for more than a year, and i saw the same one drop 3 times, and the off still eludes me. And i'm "okay" with that.

My concern here is the World bosses mount drops. I know that you answer is allways the same "we want things to be rare and not for every player to get it right away", and i would be all for it, if you wouldn´t put things like Invincible and Mimiron's head on the BMAH. One thing completly negate the other, and, in my humble opinion, just "pushes" people to get gold in illicitous ways.
    The new loot sistem makes the RNG on this mounts even worst, maybe because of the coin usage and the fact that we can roll 2 times for it . But... couting the people that so far got it, i must say, its way too low.

You may call me no lifer or whatever, but, i farm them on 9 chars every week, on my way for the 10th. I do extra roll on every single one of them since the beggining of the expantions, and increasing with the max level chars i got so far, not a single one have droped (and yes, i farm lesser charms in every one to get the extra rolls). I know that "rng" can be a B**ch, but, cammon... this is 18 try's a week, and still ziltsh. Even this is agains RNG.Accoding to the "theory", i should have at least one by now... Or maybe even the same one twice.

Thousands of people do this bosses and, week after week, the mounts just don´t drop. I found it a "liitle Weird" that , a LOT of 40 man raids all along all the different servers do this and they seem to NEVER drop. Since th beggining of the Xpac, i saw maybe 2 of each on my server, 2... (1 of the nalak only) For a boss that you call kill in evey char every week, i think its a little low...

There are thousands of player complaining about this, and thousands that understand the RNG system. But this is not the normal wow rng, its too low, its different. That's why you see much more astral cloud serpents, horridon spawns and clutches of ji'kun... because the loot and rng system is the original one. This one is all messed up for this kinds of drops (0.01% and 0.001% on them its WAY too low, and i think that that have been proven so far)

Well, making my final point. I'm here just to ask for you to raise the mount chance to drop. Below 1% in a coin related boss its proven to be unnafective, so, maybe try and raise it to 2, maybe 3%. And this is just my opinion. Above that may be exagerating it, but, 2% should fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    First it is a QQ thread. If you have to say it is not a QQ thread, most likely its a QQ thread. Plus its about RNG and how you want the mount. Don't make up numbers if you can't prove them. RNG is RNG gonna have to get over it. You keep logging in to get the mount at least once a week. I think thats one of the points of the low drop rate. Also if they raised it by that much everyone would have it and thats not fun at all. Just stop thinking about it seriously, its just a game.

Deleted
    like i said, i have made my peace with rng. I done Stonecore almost 200 times now, and have not yet to see the mount drop. But, even that one have a higher drop chance. The glaives? same situation. Its not a RNG situation because the drop and roll system implied in these WB is different from every thing else. You cannot compare the Heavely onyx mount and change to drop, rng wise, with , like, Ashes of allar. The numbers are not generated in the same way, and still, the drop chance its way above the one is this mounts (i think like 3-4%). And still you see people doing the TK run week after week with lots od alts, and the rng B**ch haven´t been in is favor. now, its a different case a completly different tipe of roll,, and still, a below 0.01% drop chance?? It´s just insane

Ye, i want the mount, but i am also a fair fighter. I strugle with RNG since i remeber in wow, and, more often than not, i get the item/mount/pet i want. In this case, it´s not the same... not at all... I dont see why people keep considering this equal to previous Xpack RNG system... Well, sorry to burst you're buble, but its not. That's why you see exponentialy more Astral cloud serpents, CLutches of ji-kun and horridon spawns. Because the loot system is different.

But... RNG is RNG. A boss could have a .0001% chance to drop a mount, you might get it your first kill, and I could kill him 1,000,000 times and never see it drop before. That's how it goes, I have absolutely no idea what you're even on about in this thread. You say you aren't complaining about RNG, but yet, you are. So... What exactly is the point of this?

Deleted
    That's REALLY unlucky Sarithus... Trust me, i fell you're pain. I have saw the Main-hand glaive drop 3 times so far, and not a single off hand have dropped...

But, not to diminish you're pain in that mather, its a "statistical group "situation. You see a LOT of Thunderfury's and Warglaives, even when people still struglle to get their. You see them, even with the low drop chance they have (yes, 3-4% drop chance for somthing you can only do once per week is low, but acceptable). Another different thing is something that you can do one a week in every single char you have (because they are account bound), and still, if you see a player in one, its like a mirage, and most people don+t even know where they drop from. It's like seeing a Atiesh, or something equaly inacessible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like rarity in the game; when someone does get it, it feels great; losing that awesome feeling would not be a positive outcome. The Onyx Cloud Serpent is a very cool mount, that is likely owned by the majority of players, so while it is cool to ride, there is now "wow" factor to it, like Ashes of Alar, or even Rivendare's mount.

Deleted
    What's my point??? You have a example right here, in another post before mine. A item that have 3-4% of dropping,it's ntaking a while to drop to sarithus. But, since he saw that he is the unlucky one, cause there are toons of people with it, he kkeep farming it until the day of the drop finnaly came.

DO you think that its intentional for something to be farmed if you don´t see it enought to wish it? If it's driving im insane to farm a thing with a high drop chance, and with people showing off everywhere, imagine farming something that you do every week, with 40 man groups, where not a single living soul get's it, even to reduce the rumors of "urban mith". 0.001% it's a extimated number, it may EVEn be lower. I'm not saying that it cannot drop drom you're very first kill without bonus roll. What i am saying is that a year have passed of people farming it , even people with more chars that i do, and it continues to not drop to anyone. Or do you think its normal that every wee, in every server, thousand´s of 40 man raid do the 4 bosses, and not a single mount drop?

Deleted
    If they removed RNG and added "run this a certain amount of times and you are guaranteed the mount, the weapon, the pet etc" I would probably unsub for good. RNG is what makes this game fun!

You might want to look up how probability works. If you flip a coin 100 times you'd think it'd be heads 50 and tails 50, right? But did you know it's also possible to be heads 100 and tails 0 times? RNG is the same. So yes, that's very much intentional because RNG works the same way. There's a chance you can get an item first kill. Hell, there's a chance you could kill Illidan 10 times and get 10 Warglaives off him. There's also a chance you could kill him 10,000 times and get no Warglaives. That's how the system is supposed to work, so I'd say it's working just fine.

Deleted
    Taishar, i had that same ideology you do... until mBMAH appear. for me, drop chances are supposed to be drop chances, only the RNG factor should be applied to it. Mounts like Invincible and Mimi's head should NEVER be puittted there. They are the rarest wow mounts (for me) That can still be farmed. One thing is adding there mounts that are annacessible. another different case is something that can still be farmed... it takes the "magical feeling" of those who got it the "normal" way...

But, this is not a BMAH rage threat, was just showing you my point. I believe in rareness and specialness. but for something to be rare and special, you have to at least see it once or twice. Most player i know off never seen heavenly onyx for example. for them, it´s something that does not exist. Invincible is one of the most wanted mount... why? simple, iits a lore based mount that everyone have seen at least one time, so, the "i must get it" feeling was there. ANd much less people farmed tis that farm this mounts.

Deleted
    2% roll out of 100% is still going to be a 2% roll out of 100% regardless of how many chars or coin rolls you use, Random loot is Random, Which is why it is nice to own (which I dont yet) one of the world boss mounts.
    You cant have everything in life. Sooner you learn to accept this, the better you will feel

oh and as for comparison I have 9 characters stalking Galleon, and 7 Stalking Attumen. So I know how it feels.

Deleted
    Well, i'm not saying to remove RNG, Things should be hard to get (and in same cases, harder for some people). I still farm my stonecore mount and glaive, even after all this time.

the only thing i am asking here if for a increase in the drop chance. 0.001% its too damn low. Maybe 1%, or even 0.1% like the baron one, but not 0.001%. And, there is one of them, or two, dot remeber, that have a 0.0001% drop chance... that's just insane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilnar View Post
    Taishar, i had that same ideology you do... until mBMAH appear. for me, drop chances are supposed to be drop chances, only the RNG factor should be applied to it. Mounts like Invincible and Mimi's head should NEVER be puittted there. They are the rarest wow mounts (for me) That can still be farmed. One thing is adding there mounts that are annacessible. another different case is something that can still be farmed... it takes the "magical feeling" of those who got it the "normal" way...

But, this is not a BMAH rage threat, was just showing you my point. I believe in rareness and specialness. but for something to be rare and special, you have to at least see it once or twice. Most player i know off never seen heavenly onyx for example. for them, it´s something that does not exist. Invincible is one of the most wanted mount... why? simple, iits a lore based mount that everyone have seen at least one time, so, the "i must get it" feeling was there. ANd much less people farmed tis that farm this mounts.
    So what? It's not like they are on there every day... them showing up on the BMAH is just as much RNG as farming the mount.

It's way lower than 1% lol. If it weren't for individual loot and account wide mounts the drop chance would be much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    them showing up on the BMAH is just as much RNG as farming the mount
    and i am the one who don´t understand RNG?? really, you thing that a DROp is the same as this?? no, one thing is to go with you're friends and pugs and do a boss over and over again, until the day it finnaly drop and you are the insanely lucky one to get it. ANother different thing it log in every 11pm to see if the item you want is there, hard cap it, and go to sleep again. Its not the same now and will never be.

Unless you believe that making gold is RNG factor, You're point is invalid. Unless you thing that roll for a item with the same chance of wining as anyone else in the grroup is the same as Hard cap the bid on a item and don´t let no one else have a chance its the same, you're point is invalid.
    Last edited by mmoc0e1eb51e0d; 2013-09-05 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Don't blame RNG for not getting your mount. Is not that disastrus. I remember back in the begining of 4.3 (DS), I got replaced as a healer in my guild cause after 4 clears of DS, none a single token dropped for me, leaving me very badly geared to carry on progressing on Heroics. Not to mention that I didn't get any items from LFR due to the broken looting system. So I had to wait until MOP to start raiding with my guild again. You maybe be mad for not getting your mount after X tries, but you will get even more mad if RNG forbids you to raid for a while, won't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
    leaving me very badly geared to carry on progressing on Heroics.
    yuo should have continued to raid "For Science!"

Sounds like you have a BMAH issue, and not a RNG issue.

If they increased the drop rate, you still might not have it and someone could still buy it off the BMAH. So the your complaint is still there.

And for the record, I see no real point to the BMAH other than to promote gold selling.

Deleted
    Yeah I agree, I do think the drop is too low. No one on my server has any of the world boss mounts yet. I've never seen them ingame! And to that person complaining about how something being rare makes it better, get a grip. Sorry but I hate that attitude. I've been collecting mounts and pets for years and I've helped so many people get loads of mounts, like say Aeonaxx or Time Lost. If you think someone else having the same mount as you makes it worthless then you have a weird view of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    2% roll out of 100% is still going to be a 2% roll out of 100% regardless of how many chars or coin rolls you use
    your maths is wrong.

Using your 2% drop rate and no coin rolls:

Chance of you getting the mount doing the boss on 1 toon per week = 2%

Chance of you getting the mount doing the boss on 2 toons per week = 3.96%

Chance of you getting the mount doing the boss on 3 toons per week = 5.88%