Deleted
    Thrall wanting to smash Garrosh's head with Doomhammer was unexpected for me, but I liked the two cinematics (hundred times better than the shit we had in Cata...)

I still think the whole thing happened too quickly.

I know they were trying to wrap it up in a single scenematic, but Thrall's previous poor decision-making was what led to this whole thing to start with. You'd think that someone would stop and say, "Maybe we should all sit down and discuss this before we make any hasty decisions..."

That's what kills my ability to suspend disbelief the most: not the obvious things that make zero sense, but the things that you'd consider when you really put yourself in the character's shoes. Thrall making an earth-shakingly horrendous decision on the new warchief last time would be reason enough to put the discussion to a good deal more debate and discussion this time.

Vol'jin has been through a lot lately: is he still the same as he was before? Does he have a chip on his shoulder now? Etc.

Also, I can almost guarantee we'll see a Garrosh redemption story at some point, here. There's no other reason to leave him alive at the end. Why leave him alive only to execute him in Pandaria?
    Last edited by Destian; 2013-09-12 at 11:25 AM.

Deleted
    Well they certainly took the safe option but I think that Vol'jin is a pretty good choice for Warchief. Would have preferred Lor'themar but what can you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol voljin. i am dissapoint big time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    You're in for a rude awakening.... literally.

MMO champ had both videos up last night within an hour of each kill.

Deleted
    Totally called it. And I could not be more happy

FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    What's funny is that I see less hate/complaining in YouTube than here. Usually it's the opposite?

Deleted
    Garrosh lives!! LOLOLOLOL THE TRUE HORDE WILL COME TO PASS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Totally called it. And I could not be more happy

FOR THE HORDE!!!
    Yep. My main is a troll. Let da good times troll brudda!!
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    Thrall killing Garrosh at that moment seems perfectly fine to me. It's a very warrior culture, orcish thing to do. You dishonored us, yourself, and now you die.
    No, it doesn't. Thrall was raised with a kind human, Taretha Foxton, and then was introduced to Orc culture for the wise and balanced Drek'thar.
    Your ignorance about the lore doesn't make you right, it makes you uninformed and wrong.

Geez, tell when in Warcraft III he did this kind of thing? Grom betrayed the orcs and Killed one of the Ancients, and yet Thrall NEVER thought of execution.

This is just another example on how an Aliance writing team mess up and do crap along ALL the way. ENOUGH!!!! METZEN BACK NOW!!!!
    DAVE KOSAK SUCKS AT MAIN PLOTS. Let him do just quests, again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    No, it doesn't. Thrall was raised with a kind human, Taretha Foxton, and then was introduced to Orc culture for the wise and balanced Drek'thar.
    Your ignorance about the lore doesn't make you right, it makes you uninformed and wrong.

Geez, tell when in Warcraft III he did this kind of thing? Grom betrayed the orcs and Killed one of the Ancients, and yet Thrall NEVER thought of execution.

This is just another example on how an Aliance writing team mess up and do crap along ALL the way. ENOUGH!!!! METZEN BACK NOW!!!!
    In the novel Cycle of Hatred, Thrall indeed executes a traitor on the spot.

He also threatened any warrior falling to the old ways with death in Lord of the Clans.

Thrall was raised as a slave in a human culture, but don't forget that he was taught to be an orc not only from Drek'thar. Grom Hellscream and Orgrim Doomhammer too were a large part of his life, and the latter did indeed mete out justice in much the same manner Thrall was about to in the cinematic.

Am I the only one who thought Varian looked like a Boss in the cinematic? I mean, he knows they have the power now, yet he shows the Horde humility and basically threatens to wipe us out. Why are Alliance people complaining about him in the cinematic? Honestly I find the whole thing so humiliating for the Horde I just don't understand why some Alliance players doesn't appreciate what is actually happening.

I wish the Horde could attack Stormwind, defeat the High King (be it a self proclaimed lunatic), and then our Warchief threatening and humiliating the Alliance.

That would be cool. How is this not a fist pumping moment for the Alliance is beyond me. Plus it's pretty obvious that you guys are going to have Gilneas playable in the next expansion with Varian saying it's getting cleansed.

I mean, I am a Horde player that hates Alliance (in game) with a passion, but I can't help not being moderately excited for you guys. It's weird.

I liked the cinematic and I like Vol'jin as Warchief, but I just can't take the human male models seriously in such contexts. They just look so cartoonish for some reason.
    Varian outmanoeuvred Wrathion. His response to Anduin felt like he knew the entire time. Looking forward to how this all comes together later down the road, both with Vol'jin/Varian, Varian/Wrathion and Sylvanas/Jaina.

15+ Year Old Account
    Called it. Was pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    Am I the only one who thought Varian looked like a Boss in the cinematic? I mean, he knows they have the power now, yet he shows the Horde humility and basically threatens to wipe us out. Why are Alliance people complaining about him in the cinematic? Honestly I find the whole thing so humiliating for the Horde I just don't understand why some Alliance players doesn't appreciate what is actually happening.
    I think he does look great in the cinematic, it's just that his words don't carry all that much meaning. The Horde was weakened slightly due to Garrosh and the New Horde, but the Horde would not be some pushover in the face of a serious Alliance threat. The decision to make the Alliance more proactive is a good and logical one from a storytelling standpoint.

I think the Alliance's true fist pumping moment will occur when we retake Gilneas, and/or other strategic lands that we lost to the Horde over the last two expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post

lokann covered it. Yes, Thrall did infact kill one of his own in cycle of hatred, because the orc in question didn't want to relent from his want to slaughter humans, so Thrall crushed his skull with the doomhammer.

But I do agree, of whats happening to the lore is because of kosak and metzens not doing anything with it now, I hold nothing but contempt for kosak. Especially how, right after the patch, he decided to go away on holiday, timed for the moment 5.4 was released, so he could avoid the fallout from players, f**king coward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catersu View Post
    At first I thought "so he's like a spokesman for the horde while they're still choosing the warchief"
    no, the horde cinematic outright covers it.
    #boycottchina