Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Super obvious grammar mistakes make me cringe too.
    They're not grammar mistakes honestly and people are quite annoying when it comes to their... policing and mentioning of grammar. People should try and remember we've been around computers and typing for a very very short amount of time and our brains don't quite work perfectly for this action.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joegrizly View Post
    i'd love to see all the casual players who are absolutely terrible at this game stop whining. is that an option?
    Those words are pretty obnoxious as well. Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    Wasn't a deep space assignment, we were forced to the other side of the galaxy.

Bzzzzz, buzz kill!
    I'm being sucked into some weird RP fight on a forum...fuuuuuuuuck
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Misuse of "ad hominem".

Anything about worgen alpha models.

How about the word "remove"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They're not grammar mistakes honestly and people are quite annoying when it comes to their... policing and mentioning of grammar. People should try and remember we've been around computers and typing for a very very short amount of time and our brains don't quite work perfectly for this action.
    I'm not saying that I don't sympathize. I am saying that sometimes it gets to the point to where it becomes painful to read, like a billboard with missing letters.

Also, I don't mention or police on sight. It simply causes me pain. Some people are more used to reading and writing in a more formalized setting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Misuse of "ad hominem".

Anything about worgen alpha models.

How about the word "remove"?
    The first two made me chuckle, but what is your beef with "remove"?
    Last edited by Callace; 2013-09-05 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Chief Medical Officer Buzzkillington of the USS Ruin Everything for Everyone, on special deep space assignment to the Bullshit Nebula.
    To infinity and beyond!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    That's a good one! I stopped reading after "i'd."
    Not to interrupt your grammar nazi-ing or anything; I must take this opportunity to ask why? Isn't it allowed to start a sentence with a contraction? It's a serious question that I've been too lazy to seek an answer for
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2013-09-05 at 03:07 AM.

What is so hard about stopping for 10 seconds and reading the sentence before hitting "Post Quick Reply", just to make sure that it does actually make sense?

Eh, just sick of the attitude that certain games would be so much better if they removed _____, when it's obviously something that other people enjoy.

And just the whole negativity and looking backwards instead of forwards, REMOVE X instead of ADD Y. Like the game is better if there's less of it.

I'm not saying that I don't sympathize. I am saying that sometimes it gets to the point to where it becomes painful to read, like a billboard with missing letters.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there are plenty of people that get on those saying their and there and they're. Most people know which one is correct but don't always use the same one in typing because they all sound alike. You think about them and you spit one of them out, sometimes it's right sometimes it's not. The brain doesn't exactly filter homophones well if you are not paying some attention. Just touch typing quickly though things get mixed up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    What is so hard about stopping for 10 seconds and reading the sentence before hitting "Post Quick Reply", just to make sure that it does actually make sense?
    What's wrong with noticing that it's an easy mistake to make when you're typing quick?
    Last edited by Themius; 2013-09-05 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sneak Peak.
    Because mountains can't be stealthy!
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." - George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Deleted
    Yup. "Supply and Demand" is an example that cheeses me too.
    The ones I hate the most are the Latin words. Some random guy just walks in on a discussion and posts "Addenadendum" like he's some fucking wizard or something. My image of that person is forever ruined after they use those type of words.

propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    To infinity and beyond!
    I've been quoted in 3 signatures now! Huzzah!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

What's wrong with noticing that it's an easy mistake to make when you're tying quick?
    You're not in a competition to type the post before anybody else replies to the thread; taking those extra few seconds won't hurt you and it may even make your argument more compelling to other users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well there are plenty of people that get on those saying their and there and they're. Most people know which one is correct but don't always use the same one in typing because they all sound alike. You think about them and you spit one of them out, sometimes it's right sometimes it's not. The brain doesn't exactly filter homophones well if you are not paying some attention. Just touch typing quickly though things get mixed up.
    It just depends on what you're writing. I'm the opposite. I passively type the correct homophones (most of the time). But when I see things like "maid" vs. "made", it's really getting out of hand. I'm cool with laziness, just not ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    strawman, fallacy (logical fallacy), feminazi, nazi/hitler, black culture rot, reverse racism

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    The ones I hate the most are the Latin words. Some random guy just walks in on a discussion and posts "Addenadendum" like he's some fucking wizard or something. My image of that person is forever ruined after they use those type of words.
    I get that. It's a forum, not a court of law, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin View Post
    Not to interrupt your grammar nazi-ing or anything; I must take this opportunity to ask why? Isn't it allowed to start a sentence with a contraction?
    It's a serious question that I've been too lazy to seek an answer for
    He iis talking about the lower case "i" when referring to one's self. "i'd" instead of the more proper "I'd", not to mention starting a sentence with a lower case letter to begin with.

And in response to the "should/could/would of" - I really would like to see the words "English is an evolving language" or some such, when someone points out that it is "should/could/would HAVE and not of", or people pointing out the misuse of to/two/too, their/there/they're, lose/loose, chose/choose, and so on. One that really pisses me off is "should not of."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You're not in a competition to type the post before anybody else replies to the thread; taking those extra few seconds won't hurt you and it may even make your argument more compelling to other users.
    My point is just that one shouldn't think less of another because of such mistakes.