Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destroyed View Post
    I can tell you this is wrong, mastery>haste breakpoint> crit > haste for my observations. Regardless with the changes mastery will be above haste this tier
    Haste (9800ish breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste > Crit

I would think it would be 9778>Mast>Haste>crit

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery becomes a much stronger stat since most of our damage comes from our DoTs now. Especially with the rppm change and moving away from MG casts. The 9778 haste breakpoint is likely the one we'll want to go with since we'll probably end up getting to it anyway with how the gearing will work.

Crit is still low, even with the bonuses. Even with 20-25% crit raid buffed, you'll still manage to see it proc every like 10-15 seconds, and with even more gear comes even more crit. Also with all the multitarget encounters in SoO, you will have UA ticking constantly and will probably have 90+% 2 piece uptime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sasofrass View Post
    Mastery becomes a much stronger stat since most of our damage comes from our DoTs now. Especially with the rppm change and moving away from MG casts. The 9778 haste breakpoint is likely the one we'll want to go with since we'll probably end up getting to it anyway with how the gearing will work.

Crit is still low, even with the bonuses. Even with 20-25% crit raid buffed, you'll still manage to see it proc every like 10-15 seconds, and with even more gear comes even more crit. Also with all the multitarget encounters in SoO, you will have UA ticking constantly and will probably have 90+% 2 piece uptime
    well, the rppm trinkets was never the reason why we stacked haste tho, and when we went from 9,8k to 13,8k haste the gain was about 1 extra proc every 90 minutes or so. i do agree that mastery will be a more valuable stat, im just not sure it will overtake and even if it does, im fairly sure you'll reach an amount of mastery where haste would overtake mastery due to haste and mastery scaling synergetically, so even at 9778 haste, you should just mindlessly stack mastery but we'll need some math/sims to make any real estimations until that is done all we have is speculations but i do agree than at the start of 5.4 9778>mastery>haste>crit will be the way to go but i also think it will change as gear gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyzmul View Post
    Pretty much this. Besides, isn't the general consensus KTT will likely be better than Bindings? Atleast for a little while. If you plan on playing the other 2 specs at any point, it may not be a bad idea to go for it since AFAIK it's BiS for the other 2 and the difference between KTT and Bindings is marginal anyway for Aff.
    i was trying to find info on KTT as affliction. Does it work like dragonwrath did for dots where it puts a dot on the target doing a different school of damage, or does it only copy one tick of the dot?
    "How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response. Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us." - Thrall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peachy View Post
    i was trying to find info on KTT as affliction. Does it work like dragonwrath did for dots where it puts a dot on the target doing a different school of damage, or does it only copy one tick of the dot?
    It only copies one damaging event. So if it procs off of a dot tick it will instantly deal a portion of that damage (whatever it is, 33% i think) as pure damage, no extra dots or anything.

In skada the total damage from the trinket is listed together as a separate portion of damage, so you can see how much it did. It doesn't give you any extra ticks on dots, just deals flat damage.

Anyone have any numbers for how much more KTT gains from a gosac spec vs a gosup spec for affliction? That said I don't recall any spots where pets are hard screwed by encounter mechanics (jikun/jinrok pools/etc). KTT shows up on my skada as its own separate entry and damage contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Anyone have any numbers for how much more KTT gains from a gosac spec vs a gosup spec for affliction? That said I don't recall any spots where pets are hard screwed by encounter mechanics (jikun/jinrok pools/etc). KTT shows up on my skada as its own separate entry and damage contribution.
    If at least Gosac still at 30% a setup with KTT and Binding would really favor Gosac with all the secondary stats + crit dmg increase + more dmg from KTT