Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You Scandinavians...

Tell me about cloudberry jam. I just bought one and I have no idea what it is to taste like

Deleted
    mmmmmm i love cloudberries!

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think cloud berries are overrated. Yes they taste good, but it's nothing special imo.

i live in sweden and never heard of Cloudberries o.0 might go to the store and look it up

Deleted
    It's sweet and sour at the same time. Hard to describe, but one of the best berries in the world if you use it right. It's not the best if you eat it plain, but with yogurt it's the best in the world

Deleted
    Never heard of it either, and i'm danish. Might be because i'm not really a jam guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banan163 View Post
    i live in sweden and never heard of Cloudberries o.0 might go to the store and look it up
    Cloudberries = Hjortron.

Deleted
    Ruthless knows his shit. Get some plain yoghurt and just throw some jam into it and mix it around!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloudberry is just code-name for something else..

Deleted
    cloudberries and icecream <3 also cloudberry juice <3

"Hjortron".
    Also, it's not that good.

Quote Originally Posted by meowh View Post
    Ruthless knows his shit. Get some plain yoghurt and just throw some jam into it and mix it around!
    That sounds really good. I just had a taste of it and it is quite delicious. When I googled I only found one person speaking of it and they hated it and said Scandinavians were crazy for liking it. What else can you do with it besides just yogurt. I was thinking perhaps cloudberries and peanut butter sandwich.

Deleted
    You can have it to waffles, pancakes, breakfast cereal, to sour milk, with icecream and on toast and other stuffs, it's good to cheese cake aswell.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just went out a couple weeks ago in order to 'harvest' some from the mountains around my hometown, and according to the current prices, I can safely say I have more than enough and would've earned a couple thousand if I ever were to sell it. I didn't and gave it to my grandmother who made jam out of it. I do not like it personally.

The Norwegian name is 'Multe' for those who wondered.
    Last edited by Pancha; 2013-09-08 at 09:44 PM.

My girlfriend likes it. They also have a berry around where she lives which they use for jam. It's called "Rips" is Norwegian, though not sure what they are in English, but the jam tastes good.

Hjortron.

I can't describe it, it's not my favorite berries, but it is pretty nice with some whipped cream on waffles and pancakes, it's an autumn thing, I think the season starts around the August, then lasts for a few months. It's worth trying out, but not everyone likes it, some people love it, some people really dislike it.

Like this... and now I need to get something to eat! ;P
    Last edited by Jackmoves; 2013-09-08 at 09:59 PM.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    My girlfriend likes it. They also have a berry around where she lives which they use for jam. It's called "Rips" is Norwegian, though not sure what they are in English, but the jam tastes good.
    I would recommend redcurrant (rips) jelly if you're ever going to taste it again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Rips is Red Currant, which is quite known not only in Norway.

Smash some and put on top of vanilla ice cream.

Cloudberries on the other hand I never heard before moving here.

I looked it up, still never heard of it. Must be a Swedish thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Pancha View Post
    I would recommend redcurrant (rips) jelly if you're ever going to taste it again.
    She sends me a few packages every year when we're apart; usually filled with Norwegian treats such as the chocolate, brunost and a jam or two. Will be getting another in a few weeks' time so looking forward to it.