Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Illidans redemption/revival wasnt the cot dungeon

metzen confirmed on twitter that he wasnt referring to illidan showing up in cot and that he believes a spark of illidan is out there somewhere.

so now when people speculate about it you cant say "what if he was talking about the dungeon"

glad thats been cleared up.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    metzen confirmed on twitter that he wasnt referring to illidan showing up in cot and that he believes a spark of illidan is out there somewhere.

so now when people speculate about it you cant say "what if he was talking about the dungeon"

glad thats been cleared up.
    Agree... My take is that he will eventually be revived... We rsurrected a Demon Hunter in the Past (at the Altar of Storms) in Blasted Lands...
    Not to mention those watcher demons being still attached to Illidan's energy that lingers about...

The reason why he would be redeemed/revived is because they fucked up his lore in outland in the first place!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?

kael taught him about setbacks before we killed him multiple times

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Because we have rezz spells? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Let's not forget the spwns of deathwing who has been killed more times then Kael. 60 >> 80 >> 85 Poor Ony

How does the demon thing work anyway, when they die here, don't they get sent back to their own realm?

Good, can't wait to get some good Illidan story. And this really makes me think there's a chance we could see a DH hero class, like Arthas to death knights and Chen with monks. There's a chance is all I'm saying, not when or how.

Deleted
    It actually didn't need clearing up in the first place. Metzen said that at Blizzcon, which took place on October 21st and 22nd in 2011. Illidan's appearance in the CoT dungeon was known at least one month earlier, in September 2011, as this thread shows.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nity-Strategy+

Why would he say it's "likely" they'll bring him back if he was talking about something people already knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post
    Let's not forget the spwns of deathwing who has been killed more times then Kael. 60 >> 80 >> 85 Poor Ony

How does the demon thing work anyway, when they die here, don't they get sent back to their own realm?
    Just so you know you don't count the level 80 version. It was just a revamp for an event and had nothing to do with lore. Only the level 60 version and 85 existed within the lore and 85 was because Nef wanted to res her.

Well I think in a burning legion xpac he should have a place..... wether we fight him or we fight to free him....

Depends on the Demon. Dreadlords kinda disperse, and then they pop up someplace else two expansions later. Then there are some demons that are basically constructs animated by a controlling spirit. If the construct is killed/destroyed the spirit is set loose and usually returns to its home realm, much like elementals. Lastly, there are mortal or immortal races that are fel empowered. This variety can definitely die, as they are essentially no different from any other mortal or immortal race. However, these fel empowered mortals could have simply not learned, or not be corrupted enough to fall in one of the first two categories.

The Wiki has a good breakdown of how it works for Dreadlords, and that could hold true for all/most demons, but we just don't know enough to be sure. If it is a trait for all demons, then it stands to reason that Illidan's spirit is out there somewhere hoping to be summoned back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorewalker View Post
    It actually didn't need clearing up in the first place. Metzen said that at Blizzcon, which took place on October 21st and 22nd in 2011. Illidan's appearance in the CoT dungeon was known at least one month earlier, in September 2011, as this thread shows.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nity-Strategy+

Why would he say it's "likely" they'll bring him back if he was talking about something people already knew about.
    i know that, but there are some people that anytime it comes up go "MAYBE IT WAS THE DUNGEON YOU CANT PROVE HE WASNT TALKIN BOUT THE DUNGEON"

now we can say it is proven

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The reason why he would be redeemed/revived is because they fucked up his lore in outland in the first place!
    preach on brother preach on!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan #1 no hate pl0x

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad , i don't think tbc handled his story well at all >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I'm glad , i don't think tbc handled his story well at all >.<
    I'm inclined to agree. This was the Betrayer! He should have been simultaneously selling us out to and helping us against Kil'Jaeden. Instead he was a gibbering lunatic on a delusional pyre.

Anyway, here's one more Wiki article about demons returning. I can't remember if there is anything else that goes into it in game.

Theoretically, any demon could be re-summoned by supplying the power for a body construct and calling up the controlling spirit. Warlocks do it all the time when their own demonic minions die. It could be that it simply takes more power to resummon more powerful demons. The Legion sets up it's Forge Camps as summoning/resummoning stations for a continual war effort. Meanwhile Dreadlords have mastered the ability to return to the mortal planes under their own power or through lackys, assisted by the fact that they really aren't all that big on the 'raw power' department (which they make up for by being extremely skilled and crafty) and so it takes less magical oomph to summon them, with a few exceptions that we haven't seen return from death yet.

Anub'arak is another that unexplicably showed up in multiple places :P At least Kael seemed to be undeadish in MT like he was reanimated or something.
    Normal is the name for the mental disorder present in the majority of humanity.
    Xinjun

He'd taken so much fel energy and became demon-like that similar to dreadlords he could return to life in the twisting nether.

Easy to explain as something like that, such an anti climactic way for him to die

Deleted

They do, That is why there is a chance he could be brought back, Another idea is that he still has a Vial of water of the Well of Eternity, that also have power enough to bring him back if anything is left of him, maby a mix of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Because some people should never have died to begin with? Illidan was just killed off to please the Vanilla crowd sick of not recognizing the bosses they faced.