Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay based mechanics, such as any spell/ability/feature of the player character has no effect on the storytelling in the game. Resurrection is largely impossible e outside of player-based mechanics for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfen View Post
    not to mention, a questline in outland states that all demons must be killed in the twisting nether to kill them, with a few exceptions archimonde and mannoroth apparently are one
    I thought Archimonde was a corrupted eredar, not a demon. Don't know if he became a demon or not.

Pit lords do seem to be the exception until we see one rezzed.

I also agree with everything Immitis said.

What if Illidan was actually warning us about the pending Kil'jaeden invasion with his "you are not prepared" remark, instead of you are not prepared to face me?

Still, his story was butchered.

Deleted
    eredars are dreanei corrupted/transformed by legion's fel energy.
    Archi is an eredar and he is a friend of Velen.

10+ Year Old Account
    not to mention, a questline in outland states that all demons must be killed in the twisting nether to kill them, with a few exceptions archimonde and mannoroth apparently are one
    I think in Archimonde's case it was down to the sheer amount of power used to kill him, and in Mannoroth's the breaking of the blood pact was instrumental. Both deaths were pretty exceptional circumstances.

that questline is talking about their avatars.

kill a demons avatar the soul goes back to its original body and can be summoned again. in that quest you are binding their souls to stones so that they cant be resummoned because thats the only way to prevent a demon from coming back if you can take out all the summoners or cant manage to get to its real body.

- - - Updated - - -

also eredar are demons. alot of demons started out as mortal races or titanic constructs
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    if illidan and kael'thas decent into insanity was shown slowly overtime in game then maybe i would be able to accept it, i wouldnt like it but i would accept it.
    There's no excuse for Kael'thas, but I've convinced myself that Illidan lost control to the spirit of Gul'dan when he ate the skulls magic. It makes the story weird since you go from Illidan versus Arthas to Gul'dan versus Ner'zhul in WC3.

metzen confirmed on twitter that he wasnt referring to illidan showing up in cot and that he believes a spark of illidan is out there somewhere.

so now when people speculate about it you cant say "what if he was talking about the dungeon"

glad thats been cleared up.
    I'm sorry if this is a super noob thing to say because I don't have a twitter. I've tried googling around and trying to find this tweet that confirms it, and I can't find it. I looked through every page in the thread to see if someone posted it and they didn't. How would I got about finding the tweet?

I don't think this forum will let you embed tweets.

This is his twitter.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMetzen

This is the body of the question.

"Q. At Blizzcon 2011 when you replied about the Illidan possibility of revival. Did you refer to CoT illidan?"
    and his response

"No. I think there's a spark of him out there somewhere... Muahaha..."

that questline is talking about their avatars.

kill a demons avatar the soul goes back to its original body and can be summoned again. in that quest you are binding their souls to stones so that they cant be resummoned because thats the only way to prevent a demon from coming back if you can take out all the summoners or cant manage to get to its real body.
    the quest says nothing about avatars. here's what the quest says:

"The problem with demons is that, once killed, they come right back in new bodies!"

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Banish_the_Demons

also: you kill gan'arg and shivarra demons for that quest. the gan'arg don't seem likely to have avatars, considering their low standing in the legion. they are the tiny and weak assistants of the big and strong mo'arg engineers.

EDIT: also, you don't bind them in stones. you send them back to "whence they came" with banishing portals.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    the quest says nothing about avatars. here's what the quest says:

"The problem with demons is that, once killed, they come right back in new bodies!"

http://wowpedia.org/Quest:Banish_the_Demons

also: you kill gan'arg and shivarra demons for that quest. the gan'arg don't seem likely to have avatars, considering their low standing in the legion. they are the tiny and weak assistants of the big and strong mo'arg engineers.

EDIT: also, you don't bind them in stones. you send them back to "whence they came" with banishing portals.
    and when asked about that and why archimonde and other demons died for real in the ask cdev they explained that those demons were using avatars and thats what most demons use.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why can't people stay dead just for once in this game?
    Technically the player characters were killed by the Lich King when they fought him near the Frozen Throne. Might want to reconsider.

That and we already saw how easy to revive a demon hunter is, in Blasted Lands.

Illidan was an awesome character that went lolinsane because that's the -ONLY WAY- Blizzard knows to create villains.

I have heard that many demons can resurrect , as Illidan is a demon, he might aswell do the same

Mortal races do not become demons. The Eredar are the same as Draenei except they are imbued with power from Sargeras.

The demon races were always what they are. Sargeras himself was tainted by Naztherim. Also Naztherim have been the real thematic resurrection demons out of all of them.

Also Illidan is not a demon he imbued himself with their power. He is neither night elf nor demon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Mortal races do not become demons. The Eredar are the same as Draenei except they are imbued with power from Sargeras.

The demon races were always what they are. Sargeras himself was tainted by Naztherim. Also Naztherim have been the real thematic resurrection demons out of all of them.

Also Illidan is not a demon he imbued himself with their power. He is neither night elf nor demon.
    Just not true, any of it. Most demon races were actually enslaved by the Legion and became demons. Satyr are Demons who were once Night Elves. Doomguard were guardians of Magic, who once enslaved became demons and obssessed with the power of sacrificial magics. Eredar are demons, they became Wrathguard. Kanrethad too ultimately attained a permanent demonic form.

and when asked about that and why archimonde and other demons died for real in the ask cdev they explained that those demons were using avatars and thats what most demons use.
    I can't find that info anywhere here.

http://wowpedia.org/Ask_CDev

could you give us some source?

- - - Updated - - -

actually you are wrong. any race can become a demon. in fact, the doomguards were once titan creations (as we've learned on the warlock epic questline), and the wrathguards are eredar, just like the draenei.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

People can become demons if they use fel to much, examples are felblood elves (were blood elves), fel orcs (were orcs), satyr were night elves, and blood elves have green eyes and orcs green skin and broken are devolved draenei because of fel taint.
    Look here: http://wowpedia.org/Fel_corruption

Also, The Maker's dungeon journal says people who use to much fel transform into demons.
    Look here: http://wowpedia.org/The_Maker

Also, on the recent character page additions to the wow site Illidan is classified as a demon. (On the right, under character information under race it says demon.)
    Look here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...idan-stormrage

Demons used to be other things before they were demons. For example, Doomguard used to be the Titan's hound, policing arcane. (It's the Seeking the Soulstones quest, the Blade's Edge part)
    Look here (scroll to the bottom of the comments and look for Blade's Edge, there's a transcript): http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32317/s...the-soulstones