Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    Elite three-player quest target at the end of long quest chains
    Blasted lands quest chain <3 really enjoyed that on my shaman.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used to hate the drop RNG in BC for gear needed to start raiding.

Now I wish that system would return instead of the current daily farm followed by lfr farm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Have to be slower leveling.

Oh and more communication while leveling and making it harder to do everything on your own :>

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not having map markers for quests. The wandering and looking for signs seemed annoying at the time, but I later realized how much I missed actually having to find things on my own. I had to use a little more brain-power than not at all, like it is now.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    Slow leveling. Indeed it was a pain but atleast it felt adventurous and progressive. Now leveling is just a rush. I don't even know how they still haven't started giving free 90s. I've seen so many level 90s that have no idea what they are doing. So the arguement that you need to learn your class is bullshit. Back in the days.... you would hate leveling so slowly but damn it felt awesome when you leveled up. Back then leveling was one of the game's aspects. Not just PvP, RP and PvE.
    85-90 is actually a pain but can be zerged through ways but I do agree with you. 1-85 feels so fast with heirlooms,nerfs,xp buffs and whatnot and in the end when he/she('s) 90 they don't know what to press and do. I definitely agree with you that it felt awesome when you level'd up or did a very hard quest solo. Now most of the time low level areas can be easily done without any help and even blue rewards feel "meh". So I do miss group quests and harder leveling. Even though it was a pain but it sure gave some sense of accomplishment.

Am I wrong in remembering Repair Gear skill? I vaguely remember this, but could have been a dream, but I swear at one point i could repair my items myself?

I miss the old Seal / Judgement / Crusader Strike system.. Ret / Prot Paladins in general tbh.. I liked when I played the class well, in a stupidly underrated spec, and did well.

I swear there was like a dagger crossed with an hammer that let you repair your items, but it was limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathnor The Flesher View Post
    Not having map markers for quests. The wandering and looking for signs seemed annoying at the time, but I later realized how much I missed actually having to find things on my own. I had to use a little more brain-power than not at all, like it is now.
    i rememeber this and then i realizes how much time i spent tabbed out of wow looking up NPC locations on Thottbot,
    that was pointless.

Honestly not very much. If I hated something at the time, chances are I don't miss it at all now.

When getting a cool mount was a feat.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Using lower level spells. I was never really good at balancing all the different levels of spells back then. Now that I'm much more experienced, I think it would add a great amount of flexibility.
    Those were the days I actually enjoyed healing. It felt more cerebral and gratifying. You couldn't pay me to heal in today's environment. It's Shadow or nothing.

Deleted
    Nothing. I never followed any retarded hate/hype train. Most people who awnser in this thread don't know what they want and prob never will.

Sad really.

Field Marshal Rathnor The Flesher's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i rememeber this and then i realizes how much time i spent tabbed out of wow looking up NPC locations on Thottbot,
    that was pointless.
    Who's forcing you to use a guide? Often the only help I needed was from other players. Figuring quests out on your own was far more rewarding, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously i wasn't being forced to use guides, but you know, i'll use what ever tool is given to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    the old music

i either loved or hated the vanilla music

i hate all the cata music (with exception of cata orgrimmar music)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter ammo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hunter ammo.
    Perfect example of what I said earlier, I bet you don't even know why you miss it apart from nostalgia.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ground mounts and having to physically travel to instances more often than not. But I do miss them secretly. I do understand why it's bad design though. On a PvP server though part of traversing the world when everybody was in it was what made it fun. It's not useful anymore considering some realms have awful populations and well, some aren't PvP anyways.

I also had a love/hate relationship with the absurd amount of buffs you could get on your character in vanilla/early TBC.
    Last edited by Tojara; 2013-09-05 at 04:42 PM.

Paladin Mount Quest
    Attunements (I'm a sucker for artificial gating for some reason)
    BC/Cata heroic difficulties
    Having to CC in dungeons (SLabs/BRD - I'm looking right at you, mofos)
    Getting keys for certain dungeons
    Leveling weapon skills
    Leveling defense skill
    Class trainers and different spell levels.

(yes, my main is a paladin and has been for years)
    I still love the game and I'm sure I'll be playing for a long time...but I do miss these features that used to be in the game. Felt immersive, even if some were annoying.
    Last edited by fooliuscaesar13; 2013-09-05 at 05:01 PM.