Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I never hated it, but I miss, and still want down ranked spells back.

Like Shamans using Earth Shock rank 1 instead of max rank just because of the interrupt, and a much lower mana cost. Mages using Frostbolt rank 1 for a faster cast time, less mana cost, and the slow it applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. I like to see the game go forward not backwards.

Wait got one. When Gnomes used to dismount in really shallow water. Fuck them.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-09-06 at 12:44 PM.
    Aye mate

Didn't exactly hate it but:

Large Talent Trees.

It could be a little infuriating sitting there looking at 150 different skills trying to min max, but looking back on it it actually meant you put more thought into your character and had a bit more of an input into making your character play how YOU wanted it to be played.

Now its just like Take talent 3/1/1/1/2/3 on bosses 1,2,3,4,5 and 7 and do your normal rotation.

- no flying / while I really wanted flying at first I miss wandering the world on my charger. Sure I could do it but I would be an idiot to do so. These things need to be forced to be enjoyed.
    - making my own groups and in turn making friends (making groups was not so nice, hence it being in the list - but making friends due to it was awesome - you could still try but making groups the old way is now harder or impossible as no one wants to do it)
    - group quests / very annoying at the time, now I miss it dearly
    - attunements / the pressure I had completing the attunements before the guild decided to go to that raid was immense - also kept me on my toes and was awesome looking back. It felt like a real achievement.
    - Paladin Mount quest in its unnerfed state
    - Getting keys for various dungeons
    - class trainers
    - seperate 10/25 man (normal and heroic) lockouts
    - TBC hard heroics / while at the time found them to be too hard (we were running them with 2 tanks and 2 healers 1 dps) while everyone was still leveling or trying normals. But after a while knew how to do it solo-role and it became awesome.
    - talent trees as they were / sure they are boring after a while but at first you actually need to think and pick. After that initial thinking it would ofcourse never change. Now its sort of - pick one and it doesn't matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    - TBC hard heroics / while at the time found them to be too hard (we were running them with 2 tanks and 2 healers 1 dps) while everyone was still leveling or trying normals. But after a while knew how to do it solo-role and it became awesome.
    2 tanks? right from the start I used to just aoe the fuck outa everything as a pally tank lol. My brother was an amazing healer as well.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-09-06 at 01:15 PM.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Having to craft your own poisons, I do not miss the feature per se, just as I do not miss the pain that was having charges on the poison in addition to duration and I surely do not miss when the poisons were removed every time you entered the istance (or worse mobs that were immune to poisons). What I do miss is the possibilities that having a profession based on poisons had and probably, even that it's only nostalgia...

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    2 tanks? right from the start I used to just aoe the fuck outa everything as a pally tank lol. My brother was an amazing healer as well.
    since when was AOE tanking viable at the start of TBC? you would have been insta gibbed if you didnt use CC on some of those trash packs.

Deleted
    farming random mobs for gold.

like:

- azshara satyrs
    - azshara blue dragons
    - winterspring yetis
    - tyrs hand

The really really long quest chains. Like "upgrade your dungeon set in Classic" long. And long AVs. I used to complain a lot about both, but I've found I miss them now that they're gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I do miss from the old talent system was the ability to mess around with weird specs. It didn't get me into any raids, but it was for PvP and soloing. I remember my Death Knight in WotLK, I had the weirdest spec for PvP/soloing, it went into all three trees, grabbed the best survival bits each tree had to offer. People looked at me funny, but I kicked ass in PvP...

But I did really grow to hate the talents after a while, because there were a very limited amount of specs that were viable in any way. After a while I had tried them all.

The new talent system is better in almost every way... But I miss the weird specs!
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2013-09-06 at 02:12 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    The really really long quest chains. Like "upgrade your dungeon set in Classic" long. And long AVs. I used to complain a lot about both, but I've found I miss them now that they're gone.
    I definately miss long AV. a fwe months ago we actually summoned some people in a premade av with the understanding that neither would cap any towers until at least one was summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    physically having to go to the dungeon, teleport is so boring.
    Tbh sure it would be nice to have to "travel to dungeons" or NOT. Sure it was exciting the first few times and then when you did it for the gazzillionth time you just meh give me Recallrunes plix

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    Tbh sure it would be nice to have to "travel to dungeons" or NOT. Sure it was exciting the first few times and then when you did it for the gazzillionth time you just meh give me Recallrunes plix
    Read the topic please; the point is to post things you hated and which you now miss. Missing them doesn't equal wanting them back,it's just about being nostalgic and realizing how many great experiences you got because you had to go through those sucky things. Traveling to summon sucked, but you got some time to talk to your group mates and was a good way to earn some brownie points from them. I remember actually passing on upgrades and people passing on theirs just to make the loot more fair for everyone participating; you got to know your groupies and some of them were really nice people you felt better passing for than winning the fourth roll in a row.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    since when was AOE tanking viable at the start of TBC? you would have been insta gibbed if you didnt use CC on some of those trash packs.
    For heroic 5man? I think you underestimate me and my brother working together as tank and healer. You didn't need CC as a pally tank and resto healer.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    my only complaint about not having to go to the actual dungeon is that people have no idea where it is.

case in point, i was leveling with a guildie the other day who started in cata. we were in teh barrens and came across WC. he said "what's in that cave" to which I responded "entrace to wailing caverns"

His response? "I didn't know dungeons actually had entrances?!"

Kicked him out of my damn guild (not really, but was tempted too).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    Read the topic please; the point is to post things you hated and which you now miss. Missing them doesn't equal wanting them back,it's just about being nostalgic and realizing how many great experiences you got because you had to go through those sucky things. Traveling to summon sucked, but you got some time to talk to your group mates and was a good way to earn some brownie points from them. I remember actually passing on upgrades and people passing on theirs just to make the loot more fair for everyone participating; you got to know your groupies and some of them were really nice people you felt better passing for than winning the fourth roll in a row.
    Exactly. The 5-10 minutes it took to travel to a place (unless you were already in the zone, which was the most likely way of forming a group) you got to know the people, or at least talk a little bit. Not to mention the actual fight INTO the dungeon. You were also much less likely to "kick a tank" or have a tank leave, as they were from your server, and finding a replacement meant actually leaving the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    10-man being easier and "not real raiding", hard DPS rotations instead of priority queues.
    Binding all your spells to a mousewheel macro was pretty hard, I remember that.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    For heroic 5man? I think you underestimate me and my brother working together as tank and healer. You didn't need CC as a pally tank and resto healer.
    I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. There was almost no way you were doing this in 2.0.
    2.1 was when they brought out all those prot pally buffs that made them viable for dungeons and raids (which most people didn't even realize until like 2.4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlolz View Post
    I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. There was almost no way you were doing this in 2.0.
    2.1 was when they brought out all those prot pally buffs that made them viable for dungeons and raids (which most people didn't even realize until like 2.4)
    Oh they were never viable for raids. The whole expansion. That is what my warrior was for
    Aye mate

Slow leveling and old Azeroth. I really hate the changes they did in Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Slow leveling and old Azeroth. I really hate the changes they did in Cataclysm.
    Quests are vastly better now since cata. This is coming from someone who got loremaster before and after the changes.
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-09-06 at 05:00 PM.
    Aye mate