Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    - Stop putting in things that will automatically form a group for you, Wow's a much more fun game when you actually team up, even if it means having to look in trade chat
    Clearly not, seeing most people opt to not do (like in it's a genuine choice)
    Also what makes you decide what others may or not may find 'more fun'.

Leave Outland the hell alone, it's one of the few still remotely interesting / fun places to level. Thanks.

Want to improve the game?

-make /macro far more comprehensive.
    -make 'target nearest enemy' actually do what it's supposed to without key mashing.
    -revamp the default hotkey UI. It's completely unsuitable for the amount of abilities most players have. The party / raid UI changes they made a while back were a step in the right direction at least, so there's no reason not to continue with those sorts of changes.
    -allow for blacklisting of more than 2 bg's
    -allow for solo queuing into arena matches (unranked mode if you wish)
    -allow classes that don't have self-heal abilities to talent or glyph for improved first aid (quick example, bandaging that doesn't stop if you have a dot on you, or decreased cd)
    -allow fishing while mounted. If I'm strong enough to kill the Thunder King, I can certainly keep my balance while casting a line from the back of my bear.

More later...
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-09-05 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drithien View Post
    In general, making the game challenging, not difficult, has more to do with making the player slow down, pay attention to the game's concepts, study them, experiment with them, and use them to have fun, than putting up a wall in front of them so they rage in anger and confusion. And it's not about punishing anything; it's about teaching them how to play, and offer them content where they can use the skills acquired.
    The problem is that every feature they add is to make the game more convenient. They gave us mounts at level 40, then 20. Flying mounts, then 310% flying mounts. LFG then LFR. Faster patches, faster exapnsions. Clearly, their focus is on instant gratification.

Quote Originally Posted by zozobra View Post
    Faster patches, faster exapnsions. Clearly, their focus is on instant gratification.
    Faster Patches (5-6 months between majors iirc. You want it to be slower?) / Faster Expansions relates to instant gratification how?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    - Stop putting in things that will automatically form a group for you, Wow's a much more fun game when you actually team up, even if it means having to look in trade chat

- Consider removing LFR or make it challenging enough so that you have to stay awake

- More world pvp zones where you can't fly, not just one isle.... make a portion of the map that has good mining nodes, herbs, etc, one where you actually feel like you are in a battle

- Put rating requirements back on pvp gear... as it stands now, PvP with the lack of competition just isn't as fun for long time pvp'ers
    Don't have a opinion on the pvp stuff cause I think it would be impossible for me to care less about it.

As far as removing LFR, and LFD.... God please no I have no fond memories of sitting in Stormwind for hours on end trying to get a group for UBRS, or having to finally pay people so I can get a group for Zul Farak.

If LFD, and LFR were removed I quit this game so fast it would make your head spin. I don't pay 15 bucks a month to sit in Stormwind praying I can find a group.

If people are sleeping through LFR that is how wipes happen and I will be the first person to vote kick them.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    -make /macro far more comprehensive.
    Or make it so we don't have to rely on macro's so much in the first place.

-revamp the default hotkey UI. It's completely unsuitable for the amount of abilities most players have. The party / raid UI changes they made a while back were a step in the right direction at least, so there's no reason not to continue with those sorts of changes.
    I think it would be easier to redesign the classes so there is not such an ability/spell bloat.

-allow classes that don't have self-heal abilities to talent or glyph for improved first aid (quick example, bandaging that doesn't stop if you have a dot on you, or decreased cd)
    Again, game design. There shouldn't be such a huge disparity between the roles in the first place. A DPS should be able to kill a healer and vice versa.

-allow fishing while mounted. If I'm strong enough to kill the Thunder King, I can certainly keep my balance while casting a line from the back of my bear.
    Good idea. Unfortunately, it's minor stuff like this that they are more likely to change.

The problem is that every feature they add is to make the game more convenient. They gave us mounts at level 40, then 20. Flying mounts, then 310% flying mounts. LFG then LFR. Faster patches, faster exapnsions. Clearly, their focus is on instant gratification.
    +1

First you had to fly to a raid, with warlocks summoning people. Then summoning stones. Queuing from anywhere now with instant zoom to raid.
    Blending of classes. Every class has to AOE awesome and single target amazingly. All healers have to have parity when it comes to tank and raid healing.

Ways to improve? Stop spending capital on cheap dopamine tricks like these.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughterJones View Post
    Every class has to AOE awesome and single target amazingly. All healers have to have parity when it comes to tank and raid healing.
    I giggled. Did I understand wrong or you just said that all classes have the same AoE / Single Target / Cleave capabilities (I inserted this bonus one here!)? And that all healers actually have parity when it comes to tank and raid healing?

And last time I checked (and for the sake of this discussion it was yesterday) I still had to either fly (and ride my ground mount) to Throne of Thunder yesterday. I even had to help summon people on both Meeting stone then inside instance throughout the raid using Warlock Portals. Are you playing another game? Or did you choose to forsake those for the facilities of LFR?

Or make it so we don't have to rely on macro's so much in the first place.
    Noooo... I love macros. The best game I've ever played and had fun with was old RIFT with the simple macro system; it was simplistic but it let you focus more on what's going around instead of cooldown watching/proc watching/knowing a priority. I'd take a 1-button macro rotation with fun, interesting fight mechanics any day of the week over a 8+ ability priority queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    Here are some ways to improve the game. Of course, you can bring in your own ideas.

1. First thing's first
    REVAMP/REMAKE OUTLANDS AND NORTHREND. This one shouldn't be so surprising, I mean, We have updated azeroth and it's like "Holy shit, this fun" and then all off a sudden we have the same old outlands that, let's be honest, we've all leveled through over 10.000 times, and then after outlands we have northrend where the lich king is up an running ... which makes no god damn sense .... Specially if you have Bane of the fallen King, Light of Dawn or Kingslayer. All I want is that I can get some new quest if anything added to them places and make it fun once more to level through these zones

2. Realm first.
    Now of course, I got no problem with this, except, why not give realm first A unique mount and a title. and then make a Realm second and Realm third
    This will go like this
    "Realm first : Guild X got mount and title"
    "Realm Second : Guild Y got a Mount"
    "Realm Third : Guild Z got a title"
    Not only would this bring up Competition but would encourage players to go through the content.

3. Give us costume on mounts or let us do something with the mounts
    Like what you showed us in the april fool joke 4 years ago (If I remember it correctly) or give us something to do with our gold, Let us get some cool colors on the weapons, paint our armor. Just something.
    This is not improving the game, its wasting time and effort for the 3 in 7.7 million who get these rewards. Also Cata should have told you already zone revamps fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    This is not improving the game, its wasting time and effort for the 3 in 7.7 million who get these rewards. Also Cata should have told you already zone revamps fail.
    I think zone revamps failed not because they were bad things, but because the majority of players giving feedback and views didn't care if the not max level zones were revamped, because they were focused on the new zones. A revamp is bad in the sense that it took resources away from endgame zones, not in that they were bad in and of themselves. I think they would have been more well received had the endgame zones not suffered because of the revamp.

2 things:

I'd keep some of the teleporting-into-instance functionality, but also scale some of it back. For example, rather than just hitting a button on your menu, you actually find a dungeon master NPC to queue up for raids and dungeons. These NPCs can be stationed in places that aren't cities (even *gasp* areas where world PvP can happen), but you still teleport to the instance when your group is formed (because everyone is still tired of waiting for people to travel to the instance).

I'd also like to see some kind of "zone PvP" to compliment world PvP. Like, some of the outdoor zones change in some way based on which faction's players are dominating there. No player would ever be denied questing/leveling due to not being in the winning faction, but maybe more NPC patrols or special quests or events or fun stuff would appear for the faction that is doing better, world PvP wise, in that particular zone.

1. No, do not waste time and energy remaking zones you play for 3 hours each. That is completely idiotic, that will not improve the game, and will just be a waste of resources. After you play through the remade zones once you'll want them remade again, what is the point in that?

2. This isn't going to encourage anybody to do anything they wouldn't already do. Adding in a mount/title isn't going to randomly allow more people to raid 40 hours a week like realm/world first guys do. Even if people really want the rewards, it's not reasonable to get them unless you're already in a guild with a crazy raiding schedule.

3. They already have this with transmog, you can turn your armor into anything. I don't really see the point in being able to paint it. Turning the ugly blue helmet into an ugly red helmet isn't that relevant...

None of these things improve the game at all, actually. None of them impact gameplay, and none of them have any lasting relevance. I don't really see the point to any of them, would just be a waste of resources that could be spent on important things like new content you'd actually do at max level.

NO NO NO! NO MORE REVAMPS!

I think Blizzard said very similar as well.

Make new, interesting areas we haven't explored yet rather than expending resources re-developing existing zones. Look at the mess that was Cataclysm after the amount of resources that went into remaking Azeroth. Entire raids and dungeons delayed/cancelled, new features scrapped and bugger all to do at max level

Bring back Gear Score and WoW-Heroes. And ArP. Just give me Wrath back. I don't care if it was easy. It was crazy fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Styx1992 View Post
    1. First thing's first
    REVAMP/REMAKE OUTLANDS AND NORTHREND.
    The only less or more ok'ish questing experience left?
    2. Realm first.
    Now of course, I got no problem with this, except, why not give realm first A unique mount and a title. and then make a Realm second and Realm third
    Most of those "realm firsts" are cheaters and exploiters, who are avoiding permaban very well. Do you think they should be rewarded? If anything, such ridiculous FoS should never be implemented anymore.
    3. Give us costume on mounts or let us do something with the mounts
    Mount Battles?

Personally, I think developers should take a look back at earlier times. MoP Dance World is something not fitting classic fantasy RPG at all.