15+ Year Old Account

UI randomly reset

Hello, my UI seemed to randomly reset. It was fine yesterday but now since I have logged on today it seems like it has been reset? I still have my addons but all the changes that I made to them seemed to not be here anymore, anyone have any ideas?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Nothing for now but in future have backups of your WTF and interface folders.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Nothing for now but in future have backups of your WTF and interface folders.
    Well I had an old one, so I put it in my wtf folder but it did not change anything, I might be having a read only problem maybe?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you're the person having the admin rights for the WoW folder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casc View Post
    Make sure you're the person having the admin rights for the WoW folder.
    I have it to set to "Run this program as an administrator."

Happened to me as well but only with a couple of add-ons, no idea why. Ended up re-customizing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybie you got DC'd, or exited wow the wrong way after editing your addons? You need to exit the game the normal way to update the WTF folder.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    Maybie you got DC'd, or exited wow the wrong way after editing your addons? You need to exit the game the normal way to update the WTF folder.
    It should still work with a disconnection.
    A crash is another matter alltogether though, so maybe periodically reloading the UI to force the saving might not be a bad idea.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-06 at 12:38 AM.

I've only seen this happen if you rename your character or similar, like a server transfer, it actually DELETES the old WTF folder but doesn't copy it to the new name, so you'll lose all your changes and won't be able to recover them without a backup. Found out the hard way a couple of times.

most common cause for this:
    quitting wow through alt+f4