Thread: 5.4 Encounters

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not that hard. You just throw out a smokebomb when Galakras casts his fireball and you all stand inside of it and you don't get the stacks. Timing isn't all that important, as long as smoke bomb lasts the duration, which it should.

Including tanks ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    Including tanks ?
    Depends... do yuo want tanks to reset their stacks? If so, yes.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    Dismantle works on Kor'kron Dark Shaman, very usefull for when they pop their Bloodlust!

Burst of Speed to out run Thok, and for running on the conveyor belt for siegecrafter.

Deleted
    It's not needed at all on the Conveyor Belt, you just have to jump against the flow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    It's not needed at all on the Conveyor Belt, you just have to jump against the flow.
    You are right, its not needed, but its usefull.

EDIT:
    Sure, if you can just jump against the flow, ShS might be a better choice, since then you can just pop right down to the boss instead of doing a semi-risky jump over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    EDIT:
    Sure, if you can just jump against the flow, ShS might be a better choice, since then you can just pop right down to the boss instead of doing a semi-risky jump over.
    I think cloak and dagger talent will be better on siegecrafter, you can vanish+ambush back to conveyor belt even with debuff from previous one. With this talent you can cover three conveyor belts in a row, and all belts on your own with heroic AoC trinket (81 sec vanish)

EDIT: awesome vid made by landslide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUAxvxYw-HY
    Last edited by mmoc87e7f38573; 2013-10-02 at 08:11 AM.

On Norushen you can pop cloak before you killing spree to survive the death beam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vertol View Post
    I think cloak and dagger talent will be better on siegecrafter, you can vanish+ambush back to conveyor belt even with debuff from previous one. With this talent you can cover three conveyor belts in a row, and all belts on your own with heroic AoC trinket (81 sec vanish)
    Any version of the trinket actually, although maybe not the LFR one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryaan View Post
    Any version of the trinket actually, although maybe not the LFR one.
    Might be sketchy with the Flex one. It only reduces your Vanish CD to 88s. With the belt being on a 40s timer, that means you'll be 8s later each time.

2/2 H puts it at 81s, so that's still late, but not too late and it can be reset with Prep. Or if you're going from killing a front one, then piping up, then going to the back one, that offsets the delay by a few seconds. I don't have our target weapon positions memorized yet, but that situation could be fairly common.

Is that really worth all this consideration? Is there some bonus to having a single person go up all the time? Seems to me its better to alternate so that you can come down and have time to blow all your cooldowns on the boss and then go back to the belt while they are on cooldown. If you do all the belts, I don't think theres enough time between to get a really good burn on the boss with your cooldowns.

Also pointless on 25 anyway because you need more than just a rogue up there (I'm guessing you guys are able to do it with just a single rogue on 10?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Is that really worth all this consideration? Is there some bonus to having a single person go up all the time? Seems to me its better to alternate so that you can come down and have time to blow all your cooldowns on the boss and then go back to the belt while they are on cooldown. If you do all the belts, I don't think theres enough time between to get a really good burn on the boss with your cooldowns.

Also pointless on 25 anyway because you need more than just a rogue up there (I'm guessing you guys are able to do it with just a single rogue on 10?).
    Have you pulled heroic? I'm not going to go into detail, but it's definitely worth all this consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Have you pulled heroic? I'm not going to go into detail, but it's definitely worth all this consideration.
    No, and I raid 25s anyway so you need more than a rogue over there unless the health of those is far less on heroic I don't see it being useful to my raid.

Though to be fair, if that was advice specific to heroic, it should have been specified as such. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the people on this forum right now haven't pulled heroic siegecrafter. On normal, I'm pretty sure its better damage overall to have 2 people do it and allow them both to blow their cds and unload on the boss between belts.

No, and I raid 25s anyway so you need more than a rogue over there unless the health of those is far less on heroic I don't see it being useful to my raid.

Though to be fair, if that was advice specific to heroic, it should have been specified as such. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the people on this forum right now haven't pulled heroic siegecrafter. On normal, I'm pretty sure its better damage overall to have 2 people do it and allow them both to blow their cds and unload on the boss between belts.
    You can CnD up on any difficulty, so I wouldn't mark it as heroic only. And even on normal, I would say having one person solo every belt, and thus allowing everyone else maximum uptime on the boss, to be a gain. Just jumping through the pipe costs you 5-10s+ of uptime every time. If you're having multiple people do that every 80s each, you're losing a ton of overall damage. On heroic, you're looking at a larger loss of uptime and the potential to mess up mechanic placement.

Whether it's useful or not for your raid is up to your raid, but if you look at every (EDIT: heroic) kill video that's been released, they all have a number of people doing every single belt.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-10-02 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    [...]
    Whether it's useful or not for your raid is up to your raid, but if you look at every kill video that's been released, they all have a number of people doing every single belt.
    Not every kill video. There are people who kill it in a legit/intended way. To be honest, I'm not sure why Blizzard hasn't fixed this yet. It's quite obvious they wanted different groups on the belt, considering the debuff and the fact that other targeted abilities don't work (e.g. Shadowstep).

Deleted
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see a hotfix to the whole "CnD, disengage, lock portal exploit" this / next reset. Doing it last week would've caused uproar among the top 20 considering how many guilds had already used it, but it's definitely not intended. Pretty disappointing it's taking them this long though...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashvael View Post
    Not every kill video.
    And that ^
    Last edited by mmoc577502f578; 2013-10-02 at 11:58 PM.

At least they fixed the levitate thing on the belt I think.

And I'm kinda doubtful that having 1 extra person lose dps for 5 seconds is less than getting the rogue to come and dump all of his cd's on the boss.

Deleted
    You need just single rogue on 10man for normal siegecrafter, but you need 2 dpsers with CDs up for heroic (can't imagine how to burst down 12M with single person without BL/lucky crits and trinket procs).

Spoils of Pandaria

Kor'thik Warcaller: Shiv them when they enrage (350% dmg and 25% -armor debuff on target for 1 minute which is also stacking) so they don't pwn your tank. On heroic it's nasty.

What spec to play

Immerseus - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    Fallen Protectors - Combat cleave wins
    Norushen - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    Sha of Pride - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    Galakras - Combat cleave wins
    Iron Juggernaut - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    Dark Shaman - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    General Nazgrim - Combat, longer stuns for adds
    Malkorok - Doesn't matter, easy fight
    Spoils of Pandaria - Combat cleave wins
    Thok - Mutilate, rolling Ruptures during kite phases pulls the spec ahead
    Siegecrafter - If going up every conveyor belt, Combat. If not, Mutilate/Sub offer very strong cooldowns for when you do go up
    Paragons - One of the most annoying fights ever designed, Mutilate/Combat are better than Sub due to constant positioning restraints
    Garrosh - You'll see the vids