Thread: 5.4 Encounters

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    yes
    /10

Quote Originally Posted by hYrsch View Post
    not fair
    WWs, Hunters, and Boomkins (not confirmed) all still work. Warlocks were hotfixed before Rogues (in a really heavy-handed way: lock ports now despawn whenever any boss is pulled). These hotfixes are really annoying when so many kills had an entirely or at least nearly closed circuit on the belt. It's also particularly damaging to 10m where comp flexibility to that degree is rare even for hardcore guilds while most hardcore 25m raids could pull 5-6 WWs/hunters/boomkins out of their ass if they had to.

It's a great boss and being able to send up the same people every time does take away from the fight, but they should have hotfixed it for every class while the world first guilds were progressing on it rather than slowly fixing each individual class weeks and weeks after the first kill. This would be roughly equivalent to not hotfixing in the 30 stack 1-shot on Thok until this week.

It's certainly possible to kill the boss without sending anyone up twice in a row (people have done it), but it's undeniably easier with the same people going up each time and opens up new strats (like Midwinter's strat) that completely change the fight.

QQ moar, play better, #cantkillblackfuse, whatever. It's just annoying when a fight changes every week and sets you back at square one for progression.

/rant
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-10-11 at 08:39 PM.

Midwinter's strat didn't have the same people going up each time, actually you can see the two groups we used pretty clearly in the video and hear odd group and even group being called etc. Sending people up repeatedly probably did make the fight easier but really it's just a slight boss dps gain and allows you to have more of the "good" belt classes and less of the weaker ones, which you could achieve with class stacking as well.

Our teams were 3 rogue + feral + dk + disc priest for the first team and rogue + mage + dk + shadow + enhance + ret with a disc priest as backup if needed. So we used the strongest classes on the first belt team with just 5 people and a healer in it (disc priests are great on the belt with mindbender and you don't lose much on the main platform sending one), and 6 people in the second belt team with the weaker classes, which means basically anyone other than rogues and ferals.

Also the first weapon doesn't need more than about 3 people because of trinket procs, hero/lust etc.

Generally we found that combat was the best belt spec for consistency, as long as you have the CDR trinket, but all of them are fairly good.

Deleted
    Does evasion work on thok aoe silence thing?

No, it' works only against direct attacks - you cannot dodge an aoe. Feint + Elusiveness is your best bet there.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    You can dodge some AOE abilities but it depends on the nature of the given ability. For example you CAN dodge boss / creature cleaves (like the frontal cones from adds on Galakras) but in this particular case, like Coldkil said, Feint will be the best choice... Providing that you trust your healers to keep you from hitting 0hp!

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No, it' works only against direct attacks - you cannot dodge an aoe. Feint + Elusiveness is your best bet there.
    Not true. For example, you can use Evasion to dodge quills on Ji-Kun.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere I read that smoke bomb can protect from cast interrupts on Thok. But yesterday it didn't work. Can someone make it clear please: can smoke bomb be helpful in that aspect or not?
    I survived 2010 Summer in Moscow without leaving city for a single day!

Quote Originally Posted by Galufio View Post
    Somewhere I read that smoke bomb can protect from cast interrupts on Thok. But yesterday it didn't work. Can someone make it clear please: can smoke bomb be helpful in that aspect or not?
    Nope, it can't.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Yeezy View Post
    Not true. For example, you can use Evasion to dodge quills on Ji-Kun.
    Yes and no. Quills like cleaves are visually aoe attacks but the game treats them like a single attack for every character. That's why Evasion works. Anyway like many pointed out, they're the exception.

Has anyone tried evasion on Garrosh's whirling corruption thingy? It does have a visual like quills and when I cloak it, I see a series of miss, miss, miss, miss, instead of immunes.

Why would you do anything other than cloak it? With upgraded heroic AoC, CoS is available each whirling corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicktight View Post
    Why would you do anything other than cloak it? With upgraded heroic AoC, CoS is available each whirling corruption.
    It's actually up for every Whirling Corruption if you have an upgraded Normal AoC.

I don't know if it's up for every WC if you have anything less than a 2/2 Normal AoC though.

Quote Originally Posted by broggernaut View Post
    It's actually up for every Whirling Corruption if you have an upgraded Normal AoC.

I don't know if it's up for every WC if you have anything less than a 2/2 Normal AoC though.
    I don't have a normal AOC, just flex. One of the problems we have from time to time on this fight though is instant mass CC's from folks that get MC'd. I would be nice to have cloak in order to negate bieng frozen or feared.

More to the point, i'm just flat out curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Yes and no. Quills like cleaves are visually aoe attacks but the game treats them like a single attack for every character. That's why Evasion works. Anyway like many pointed out, they're the exception.
    No, it counts as AE damage and not a single attack on each character because feint reduces it (untalented) so it isn't just a visual effect. Same thing with warrior bladestorm.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-10-16 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mongoose6 View Post
    Has anyone tried evasion on Garrosh's whirling corruption thingy?
    Whirling Corruption is magical damage, not physical. "Miss" events is what you always see in logs when you cloak magical damage (not cloak-immune, just regular cloak effect).

Can someone please explain the Galakras smokebomb like im 5 please? (heroic 25man)

Quote Originally Posted by Hntr View Post
    Can someone please explain the Galakras smokebomb like im 5 please? (heroic 25man)
    If you throw Smoke bomb on your raid, the ball of fire will pass through the raid without applying the stacks on people - thus letting them reset. This, in addition to the flat damage reduction it provides.

Not sure if this has been brought up, didn't read the whole Thread, but...

Garrosh: Paralytic poison is quite handy for separating Minions of Y'shaarj via shiv.
    Last edited by Asilus1; 2013-10-21 at 06:34 PM.