Challenge Mode Hit/Exp scaling & Random Gear

I am not sure if this has been addressed somewhere on these forums, I cannot find it.

I am finding a trend with challenge mode gear. Specifically any gear with <Random Enchantment>

I have found that the 515 gear from H-Scenarios, and the Bracers from ToT all scale incorrectly.
    This is to say if these pieces of gear have Hit/Exp ... they scale those stats down, when they should not.

I am looking for some people to test this with their own gear sets, and confirm this is indeed a bug on
    all this type of gear. I have opened a Bug report on the Blizzard forums, but I've seen no posters.

One issue that bugs me is the bracers have a gem slot, making them optimal for Challenge modes for me.
    I want to use them, but I know I'm losing a ton of a valuable stat, bringing me below expertise cap, which
    is unacceptable. If I could rely on random drops, I could get away with finding one of these without Hit or Exp
    (like haste or something) and that would work, it would at least step around the problem. But It should be
    addressed by Blizzard. Especially if they plan to continue with new Challenge Modes next Expansion.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

I wouldn't call that a bug. It's a consequence of using gear that only has 1 secondary stat (that is hit / expertise).

This is how I understand the scaling works. When a piece is scaled down the secondary stats are reduced. Ie., 500 haste and 500 hit become 400 haste and 400 hit. In order to keep hit from dropping, the lost hit is "stolen" from the other secondary stat. So in my example, the resulting stats would be 300 haste and 500 hit.

If the piece only has 1 secondary (that is hit / expertise), there is no place to "steal" from. So the hit / expertise gets reduced.

That is a good theory. Might be true in my case, but I have read posts that state even the Heroic Scenario gear is effected. And often when one stat is hit and one is like haste or crit. It still scales the hit down. This is why Id like some real examples to present to Blizzard. Confirming its not as you suspect that being unable to "steal" from other stats that it is forced to reduce the exp/hit.

If this is really it, it sort of kills their statement that "if you are capped before, you will be capped after" in regards to Challenge modes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsoul View Post
    This is how I understand the scaling works. When a piece is scaled down the secondary stats are reduced. Ie., 500 haste and 500 hit become 400 haste and 400 hit. In order to keep hit from dropping, the lost hit is "stolen" from the other secondary stat. So in my example, the resulting stats would be 300 haste and 500 hit.
    It would also be fair to say if this is in fact how the how the scaling works, Each item would have its own "463" version set in stone. And we could create a database of 463 Challenge versions of each piece of gear, and those versions would never change. I don't believe this is true. (if it is true, it means these items don't have a proper reduced entry in the database)
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.