Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Not in this game actually. I only level alts when there's nothing to do on my main.
    Agreed. I have an archetype I like to play (selfless tank/support) in RPGs so other classes/specs don't interest me.

Thoughts? I think you just should pick another game. It's better to see once, then hear many times.

Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Better solution: Make the world a living and exciting place. Add events. Make the world constantly changing. Make it change from what players do to it. I believe WoW has the best world and lore of all MMO's out there at their disposal but it's going COMPLETELY to waste. If I could change one thing that would improve WoW it would be this. Have everyone out in Azeroth experiencing and changing the world, meeting new friends and making new enemies in world PvP. Instead of sitting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens in capitals trying to pick gear off a conveyor belt in order to increase their ilevel.

Thoughts?
    Thats how GuildWars2 did it, the people complained about they want quest and leveling would be shit....

If someone ait likes lvling toons he will not like it weither it is created

If someone likes lvling toons (what i dont understand ) he will like it both way

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I made a thread months ago about possibly having random quest/events pop up in zones that are available for a limited time a la Diablo 3.

Would love to see that happen. Would definitely change up leveling a bit.
    Southshore assassins 'event'

I think it sucks because it doesn't feel rewarding!

When I leveled my chars during tbc, I liked it. I had a sense of progression.... went to trainer, learned new or more powerful spells, spend a talent point, which brought something with it.... As I leveled, I developed my char.

Now all the focus is about endgame, getting geared at max-level.. so people don't do much during leveling, just watching the number go up by 1.... not really exiting. Their focus is max-lvl, the journey doesn't count.

Deleted
    Problem: Leveling was fun the first time around, a bit less fun the second time around on your first alt, a tad dull on your third, then boring, then please kill me, etc etc.

Blizzard's solution: Heirlooms in every slot, reduce XP required to ding by 90%, make mobs die from being given a stern look, make instances 10 minuter zerg fests. Basically make it as quick and brain-dead as possible.

Better solution: Make the world a living and exciting place. Add events. Make the world constantly changing. Make it change from what players do to it. I believe WoW has the best world and lore of all MMO's out there at their disposal but it's going COMPLETELY to waste. If I could change one thing that would improve WoW it would be this. Have everyone out in Azeroth experiencing and changing the world, meeting new friends and making new enemies in world PvP. Instead of sitting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens in capitals trying to pick gear off a conveyor belt in order to increase their ilevel.

Thoughts?
    This is never going to happen, they will not put time and ressources into the lower leveling zones. Plus most wow players have already enough alts and leveling goes so fast now, just listen to music, tv and level on. Its not like you need to think about anything or could die. I dont think there are so many new players to justify working on leveling zones anymore.

Also, the more alts you level the less annoying the leveling gets because you just do it brain afk while doing other things^^ I leveled like 15 85-90s.

Thoughts?
    WoW has never been about leveling but the "endgame". There's no point in making leveling slower, or leveling at all for the veteran players rolling 6th alt because the low level content is rather meaningless.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    WoW has never been about leveling but the "endgame".
    Wait, what. Yes it has, that was the draw and long lasting part of World of Warcraft until TBC switched that focus later on. Partially because all the content was leveling, and end-game wasn't really there until later patches. Regardless, no matter what you do the game is going to get dull as you play more. Leveling new alts will be less of an experience, and getting things to max level will be as well. There is not much Blizzard can do about these players, besides provide more content for them to access at later levels (Expansion content).

Granted low level content isn't a complete waste, as some people (Me included) do go back and try it out and see what it's like. With a max level or current level, it's still content. I think new starting zones adds in content people can enjoy easily, because it doesn't require much effort besides a character creation. That's about the extent of any low level content that is easily enjoyable with little commitment. Unlike the Cataclysm zone remakes where you had to go through 6-58 in many different zones.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Wait, what. Yes it has, that was the draw and long lasting part of World of Warcraft until TBC switched that focus later on.
    Even back in vanilla leveling was just something that happened before level 60 where all the group content happened. And group content is kinda the thing that matters in an MMORPG.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate leveling in WoW and at this point in the game's life I just wish we'd get content expansions with no leveling involved. Final Fantasy XIV:ARR has spoiled me on good leveling systems (story, leves, FATES, etc) with a good deal of variance (not to mention leveling several classes at a time on the same character) and story.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Even back in vanilla leveling was just something that happened before level 60 where all the group content happened. And group content is kinda the thing that matters in an MMORPG.
    And leveling was something a lot of people were content with doing, and never reached or didn't get to 60 very quickly. It's not like there wasn't group content people did below max level either, there was a lot of it actually.

The game really starts at max level. All previous levels are pointless.

Just thinking to level a Monk from level 1 to 90, even with Heirloom and the xp buff for the class, I think i'm gonna be sick

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like leveling and "grinding", you shouldn't be playing a fucking RPG. It's not Counter Strike, you have to spend just alittle bit of fucking time on it, I know that sucks..

Deleted
    So you want the option to create a new character and BAAM it becomes lvl 90 ?
    Well then just play another game.
    Silly topic if you ask me

The only thing I'm goood at in the game is levelling, I was wondering if it would be better if the could make low level dungeon mobs/bosses have double hp and give double xp. As it is currently you cant even build up a rotation in a low level instance without someone one shotting everything

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    i love leveling

leveling a new character is the best aspect of the game

leveling is more fun that gearing max level toons and running end-game raids or competitive PvP

leveling is so goddamn fun i create new characters, level them, delete them, and start new character, just to level them again.
    This pretty much. I thought Blizzard unconciously made leveling so fast and easy. Now that I know they made it on purpose ( according to the latest tweets ) I feel utterly insulted. What the heck. The heck asked them to make leveling fast and easy. It is not fun because it provides no challenge. Surely I hated it when I had to drink after each fight on my mage and that's one of the good changes but being able to one shot mobs....Soloing instances on a dps char without heirlooms...( well that is fun because it's my way of providing myself with challenge ).

Blizzard kept talking about making people explore the world but they only did that for Pandaria. The same thing has to be made for the rest of Azeroth. Rare mobs and treasures are a good way and while Azeroth is full of them they provide no challenge and terrible rewards. I hate the fact that Pandaria rares have a set lootable of 1-4 rare items and that's it though. So new world drop rare BoE's and BoPs ( and even BoAs ) should be put onto the rare's loot table with a bit higher drop rate.

The thing that needs to be done the most is Blizzard adding new zones for lower levels. It must be done. The zones that were revamped during Cataclysm were all nice and so on but
    1. Their storyline is too straightforwarded and if I level my main and an alt through the same zone I will start from the starting point and always leave the zone around 50% complete which further more strenghtens the feeling of repetitiveness.
    2. Leveling in them ( even without heirlooms or other xp bonuses and without killing rares ) still makes you outlevel the zones ( tested! TWICE. )
    3. They killed a lot of leveling zones for Alliance - Hillsbrad Foothills, Alterac Mountains.

Atm if I roll a horde these are my options. I reach level 10: Northern Barrens, Ghostlands, Silverpine Forest or Azshara. Northern Barrens - Extremely dull after the Cata revamp. Plus I've done it over 10 times already. Silverpine Forest - Done it 4 times already - First time was cool cus of the awesome storyline. After that I can hardly bear it. Especially since it's so dark and I prefer bright green happy zones. Ghostlands - Done it 13 times ( one of the few zones that haven't been corrupted by Cata's revamp. No straightforward questlines. ) and Azshara - Done it 3 times. I hate this zone from the bottom of my heart.

For the alliance its a bit better: Westfal - 30+ times. Cool zone. Too straightforwarded questline. Loch Modan 20+ times. Not as much str8forwarded but 20 times are 20 times. Darkshore - Only once after Cata revamp. I'd considering doing it again if only I can get out of my starting zones before level 13 ( Worgen/Pandaren ). Bloodmist Isle ( yey havent leveled there and probly not going there anyway. Don't like the zone theme and it's too far ).

And at higher levels it gets even worse. 40-45: Eastern Plaguelands or Thousand Needles. Thousand Needles has a really boring start and you can't skip it because the questing is straightforwarded. First time it was epic but after the 5th time.... Same for EP.

So yeah. Wall of text, not necessary to read it all. But new zones are a must and Blizzard isn't going to do it probably. We need Vo4W quality low level zones. I've always thought about this: If Pandaria was for 20-40 leveling or something like that... It would've been epic. Pandaren Monks NEED a zone good enough to continue after leaving Wandering Isle. It just doesn't feel right to level a Monk in the other zones.

Edit: I don't want to sound as a QQer. I did like Cata zones a lot the first time. It was an incredible feeling. But I just cannot possibly go through them more than twice. And I like 1-40 gameplay. Using just 4-5 abilities, 1 ability doing good damage and not having to use it 10 times to kill a single mob. Less lag too.
    Last edited by Shinrael; 2013-09-06 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's not like there wasn't group content people did below max level either, there was a lot of it actually.
    There was, but none of it had any replay value which is part of why I say content before level cap never mattered much in WoW.
    Trolling should be.

Levelling is the albatross around WoW's neck.

It keeps new players from the end game, and without the end game there's nothing to keep people attached to WoW. It takes so long to get there I've seen people buy the entire set of expansions and quit the game somewhere around Northrend.

WoW is a Theme Park MMO, but it's a theme park at the top of the mountain. And the mountain keeps growing. And the people already in the theme park can't see the problem. Sure, they put in hand rails, but it's still a tedious fucking climb. Back in vanilla, it didn't matter so much. There wasn't much in the theme park anyway, so it was more about the view and the journey. But those days are long gone.

They need to either...

1) Move the theme park so the rollercoasters are spread all over the mountain. Start LFR at level 30 or so, down-level higher level people so queues can put you in random content from all over WoW's history. Gear rewards would be scaled for your current level. All content would become current content.

2) Ditch the climb completely. Everyone starts off at max level, with a tutorial starting area that you can't leave until you've earned all your abilities (like the DK area). Upon leaving you get to explore the world, do PvP or get raiding. Quests would reward last tier LFR level items that scale up so everyone stays on the same footing.

The only way to make leveling exciting is to make end game less exciting. Leveling was only exciting the first time around because people had not yet played much at end game. Now, most people spend time at end game because that is what they want to do.

The big issue is gear. People currently want to gear their toons. Gear = end game. If end game did not revolve so much around gear, then leveling zones could once again become alive.

One proposal is to remove "toon levels". Most progression in the game is done without levels anyway (raiding is all done at the same toon level). That way, all quests can be at roughly the same level in every zone. So you can raid, quest in zones, etc... whenever you want. No one is forced to do anything.

I think a lot of people hate leveling because they are forced to do it before they can raid. If anything, Proving Grounds should be the only requirement before you raid. You don't learn anything about raiding with your toon while "leveling".
    Last edited by yjmark; 2013-09-06 at 10:53 AM.