Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazim View Post
    Problem: Leveling was fun the first time around, a bit less fun the second time around on your first alt, a tad dull on your third, then boring, then please kill me, etc etc.

Blizzard's solution: Heirlooms in every slot, reduce XP required to ding by 90%, make mobs die from being given a stern look, make instances 10 minuter zerg fests. Basically make it as quick and brain-dead as possible.

Better solution: Make the world a living and exciting place. Add events. Make the world constantly changing. Make it change from what players do to it. I believe WoW has the best world and lore of all MMO's out there at their disposal but it's going COMPLETELY to waste. If I could change one thing that would improve WoW it would be this. Have everyone out in Azeroth experiencing and changing the world, meeting new friends and making new enemies in world PvP. Instead of sitting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens in capitals trying to pick gear off a conveyor belt in order to increase their ilevel.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that you want a leveling process akin to guild wars 2 or rift, the latter of which didn't work, the former of which I guess you could say work. Honestly, if you want an engaging story, do the quests in each zone. You'll run into overleveling issues, and it won't be much of a challenge, but they completely revamped the old world (except lolsilithus) in order to make leveling not a tedious mess.

People who grind dungeons from cap cities to level do it because it is the most efficient, easiest way to get exp. People will take what is easy and faster over what is more interesting but more difficult if they have to choose.

That being said, with the Timeless Isle and Battlefield Barrens experiments, I wouldn't be surprised if there was more dynamic events throughout the WoW in the future, though maybe not in low lvl zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post

If you don't want to do it all over again then do it all at the same time;

I found the very best way to level toons was simultaneously; create say, 6 new toons have them all learn different professions and gathering skills, have two of them miners, two of them skinners and two of them herbers. As you level them and level their professions/gathering skills they will feed off of each others gathering skills, cloth drops etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    That sounds terribly slow and even more painful. So I level 1-10, go to another toon and level 1-10, then level another toon 1-10, go back and do level 10-15, then go back and go 10-15, go back and do 10-15 ?
    Slower than leveling a single toon, absolutely, painful not in the least, not for me anyway, jumping from toon to toon mixes it up, you learn the quests so they get faster and faster for each toon.

Best part is I had heirloom cloth, leather and plate pieces that I would switch back an forth between toons as I level them, with those and having top profession made armor, weapons, enchants, glyphs, gems, jewelry etc... for their levels it is almost like playing twinks. Not only did it make questing a breeze, I out geared most in random BGs as I leveled them and would get top or near top dps in dungeons as I level them.

One thing that makes alts so boring to level is the fact that you're doing all the same quests over and over. Once you get done with the first like 10 levels of race-specific quests, you're not really doing anything that you haven't already done. I still think bringing back class-specific quests that you do every so many levels would make the content less repetitive and help a lot. I suppose you can change things up a bit by questing in different areas the next time you level, but it still gets boring by the time you're working on your 4th or 5th alt going through the motions and doing stuff you've already seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I made a thread months ago about possibly having random quest/events pop up in zones that are available for a limited time a la Diablo 3.
    I also really love this idea. Again, anything to make the experience less repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiphon View Post
    A lot of people just aren't interested in leveling.

They want to PvP or PvE at max level, and anything that distracts from it sucks.
    The reason I'm not interested in leveling is because it's really boring. It's so easy that I feel that I'm just wasting time. I'm leveling a monk (for the 3rd time) on a different server with no heirloom just to see if I could enjoy it again and I must say it's still boring. Quests are so easy that I don't even pay attention to them.

Deleted
    Thoughts?
    For me, leveling will always be boring. There is nothing they can do for me to enjoy it. Because when I'm leveling I'm only thinking of what I wanna do at max level, where the actual game begins.

Those are my thoughts.

Better solution: Make the world a living and exciting place. Add events. Make the world constantly changing. Make it change from what players do to it. I believe WoW has the best world and lore of all MMO's out there at their disposal but it's going COMPLETELY to waste. If I could change one thing that would improve WoW it would be this. Have everyone out in Azeroth experiencing and changing the world, meeting new friends and making new enemies in world PvP. Instead of sitting like a bunch of brain-dead chickens in capitals trying to pick gear off a conveyor belt in order to increase their ilevel.

Thoughts?
    Things will always be less exciting the next time round. No matter what they do. So I doubt it will fix anything.

slowing down leveling and removing heirlooms would make it fun