Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did WoW used to have this?

Posted in a few threads, but I am trying to remember. I swear at one point (back in vanilla or bc) that there was a self item repair spell/skill. It looked like a knife and a hammer crossed, and would allow you to repair your own items.

Was I dreaming this, was it from another mmo, or was it really there? Maybe it was even part of a profession?

I may just be crazy.

Do you mean the repair option that allows you to fix select pieces of gear instead of the whole lot at once?

Not from an npc repair person, like literally a spell you used to have. I swear at one point there was a repair spell in my spell book, and then it went away. So many years ago, and was also playing other mmo type games back then. trying to figure out if it was wow or not.

I'm playing WoW since april 2005, and don't remember this feature

Deleted
    could be that blacksmithing once had that. just a thought, i really dont know

No, that was never in WoW.

If it ever existed, it was from before the section of the vanillal beta I participated in. The closest there has been to a self repair is the engineering bots that you can put down.

no it didnt!
    not live at least.... there were a few blacksmith perks that never made live from different betas and ptrs

Repair has always been a npc skill... that how they survive!

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/126.html
    Last edited by elderamy; 2013-09-05 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    i played since vanilla and cannot remember such a feature. you always had to go to a vendor to repair your stuff.

WoW did not have this option outside of visiting a repair NPC or repair bot from engineering.

10+ Year Old Account
    As everyone else has said, it never has.

I've always thought BS should be able to repair their own gear with an anvil and minimal mats, be a very minor bonus but a cool one at least.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't remember such thing to be honest. Maybe some BS item?

We all tend to remember things a bit differently. I can swear I saw a Hunter tame a Kodo in Vanilla too, but it seems to never have been possible at that point (not sure if Beast Mastery Hunters can do it today either.)

I remember Dark Age of Camelot had player crafters who could repair the appropriate gear (and there were complex formulas regarding when it was best to repair gear, as that game had permanent item loss), but don't recall it ever being in WoW.

Deleted
    I know what he is talking about, when you interacted with an NPC that could repair your items, you could actually repair each item individually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Self-repair has never been in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by basics View Post
    I know what he is talking about, when you interacted with an NPC that could repair your items, you could actually repair each item individually.
    This is still possible i think. You can click two buttons to repair, one repair-all, and the other repair and your cursor will become a little hammer with which you can click the item you want to repair.
    Also, now you have a third button, guild bank repair.

Thanks everyone, I must be going crazy. Was probably some other game I played around that time. I just hate when you can't remember something and it nags at you for days lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Diablo 1 had this. Warriors had a self-repair spell... I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Maybe i'm thinking of that. Played a lot of diablo around that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Too bad you can't dupe items like you could in diablo 1!