Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Did H Iron Juggernaut last night and can confirm deterrence gave 50% damage reduction for mines every time I had to pop one.

Want to pop a quick question? How do people keep their pet alive on Dark Shamans? I have it on Defensive stance and manually stick it to one of the bosses. I had it on Assist for a while, but my pet died more often that way.

I'm not sure what's killing my pet exactly, recount doesn't keep track of pet deaths as far as I know. My pet often has to provide a buff so it would be nice if it would stay alive. I've had to manually res my pet a few times (Heart of Phoenix on cooldown) and it sucks to say the least.

The wall of ash elementals is what kills pets (I suspect they aren't subject to pet AOE damage reduction because it actually is just a bunch of elementals that do single target attacks at things nearby for VERY high damage). If your guild tanks the bosses together and doesn't pin the ash elementals against the walls of the area or something there's not really much you can do about it. Haromm (the bigger, male shaman) is the one who casts it so you may have better luck leaving your pet on Kardris, but probably not much if they're mostly together.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2013-10-10 at 08:53 PM.

Many Hunters have reported the Ashen Walls to be the most likely culprit. There's not a lot you can do about it, so you're just going to have to rely on your tanks' positioning in making sure it's not too close to the walls. I only did Dark Shamans twice on normal mode so I can't remember too much, as HC is a much different story as it involves splitting the raid (which means we get to avoid the whole mechanic).

You could try pulling your pet back when the walls spawn and sending it back in after the tank has moved a little bit with the boss. However, the bottom line is that you're going to have an extremely difficult time anyway if the bosses are tanked ontop of each other, as the walls will always spawn close.

Yeah, we keep the bosses stacked up as much as possible. It can become quite hectic at times, with the Ashen Wall stretching out to halfway into the fighting area. Guess I'll try sticking my pet to Kardris and see how that works out.

Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    The wall of ash elementals is what kills pets (I suspect they aren't subject to pet AOE damage reduction because it actually is just a bunch of elementals that do single target attacks at things nearby for VERY high damage).
    Very Angry Elementals!!

Blizz, should make it so they don't attack pets/minions/guardians.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only run LFR and the occasional Flex, and i dont know if it has been mentioned before but I found that on Immerseus there is a fine line but you can stand at the absolutely maximum range that still allows you to attack and you will no longer get hit with the Sha pools at your feet.... if a pool spawns under you move out of it, FD, and try moving back a little further and pew pew !!

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Yeah, we keep the bosses stacked up as much as possible. It can become quite hectic at times, with the Ashen Wall stretching out to halfway into the fighting area. Guess I'll try sticking my pet to Kardris and see how that works out.

Thanks for the tips.
    Tell your tanks to position the walls. Ask the Haromn tank to drag him out by the sides at throw the Ashen Walls parralell to the sides of your fighting area, to avoid the Ashen Walls sticking out in your route. Haromn will always throw the Ashen Walls a specific way.

Not sure if someone posted these and the thread hasn't been updated but a couple of Siegecrafter Blackfuse tricks; these work in heroic and are oriented towards it though they would work in normal mode as well. Very helpful as a hunter if you are full time duty on the belts.

You can deterrence and not take any stacks of superheated or any damage from the fire the laser creates. This is helpful due to the only path to the pipe you need to disengage off of being blocked by fire during certain times in the fight.

You can use deterrence to run through the fire lasers that kill you on the conveyor belt; there is really no reason to fall behind the weapon you are attacking at the time; but should you fall behind you can use this as a last resort.

You can also block overload damage from shredders using deterrence.

The one caveat I will say regarding using deterrence to run through the fire lasers on the belt is this can potentially hurt you as it's not necessary with good play to do this and if you are full time on the belts at some point you should reserve your deterrence for the fire you have to walk through to reach the pipe at certain times.

Deleted
    Immerseus nhc/hc: Deterrence negates the DMG from adds running into the Boss completely

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimjaw View Post
    Immerseus nhc/hc: Deterrence negates the DMG from adds running into the Boss completely
    I don't see how that is a tip since running into the boss isn't something that is a problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I don't see how that is a tip since running into the boss isn't something that is a problem.
    His Tip is about the adds running into the Boss (dmg from explosions) not the Hunter standing in the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by airdark View Post
    His Tip is about the adds running into the Boss (dmg from explosions) not the Hunter standing in the boss.
    aah my mistake, the way it was worded I happened to skip over the word adds.

Deleted
    I found many nice Tipps here so i want to contribute

Galakras
    -Powershot is a nice Talent to handle Bonecrushers and for Heroic to keep the workers alive (knockback the Add trying to Kill the workers, combine it with binding shot for stun :P)
    -Deterrence blocks the Damage of Galakras Orbs. Gives your Raid some Time to Reset Stacks or Reduce Damage. (Was nice in our Heroic Kill)

Iron Juggernaut

Disengage prevents the Falldamage after jumping on a mine.

General Nazgrim
    Narrow Escape is a nice Talent here to help disabling Adds

Malkorok

Glyphed Camouflage (10% less Magic Dmg) with Iron Hawk is enough to Soak the Voids or whatever the name was, so you can keep the Deterrence for Soaking the Orbs (Heroic)

Quote Originally Posted by airdark View Post
    I found many nice Tipps here so i want to contribute

Galakras
    -Powershot is a nice Talent to handle Bonecrushers and for Heroic to keep the workers alive (knockback the Add trying to Kill the workers, combine it with binding shot for stun :P)
    You don't really need to move mob to stun him with Binding Shot. Just place it so the circle barely touches the mob and he will be stunned. Requires some practice though.
    And for knockbacks I think glyphed explosive trap works just fine.
    Last edited by osa; 2013-10-15 at 12:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    You don't really need to move mob to stun him with Binding Shot. Just place it so the circle barely touches the mob and he will be stunned. Requires some practice though.
    And for knockbacks I think glyphed explosive trap works just fine.
    Explosive Trap is already in the Tips so i didn´t mention it there. If you don´t have many players in 10man who can kick the Bonecrushers away you can handle 2. Powershot the first one and explosive trap the second one.

in thok heroic you can fully deterrence Shock blast, if you are kiting on the hallway and no healer would be close to you this could save your life while you come back. it hits for 175k and it can hit you multiples times in a row.

deterrence dosnt stop the damage from his deafening screech but reduces the damage, if you are around hit 25+ and he dosnt push (happens to us a couple of times) you can use this to reduce some of the damage and dont get 1 shot.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    deterrence dosnt stop the damage from his deafening screech but reduces the damage, if you are around hit 25+ and he dosnt push (happens to us a couple of times) you can use this to reduce some of the damage and dont get 1 shot.
    Note: Use deterrence reactively so you actually hit the HP threshold rather than potentially postponing Blood Frenzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    in thok heroic you can fully deterrence Shock blast, if you are kiting on the hallway and no healer would be close to you this could save your life while you come back. it hits for 175k and it can hit you multiples times in a row.

Fully deterrence shock blast means you take no damage, correct?

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Fully deterrence shock blast means you take no damage, correct?
    yeah you take no damage and reduce the damage from any debuff on you. saved my life couple of times, if you disc priest cant hit the boss and you are kiting into halway and the boss is around 12+ stacks u will stay on that hallway for around 10 sec if not more, without hots or anything you wont survive.

and yes, kidface is right, you need to be carefull how you use it. we have no other cds, 10% while is a lot if you add all the damage you are mitigating wont save you once you are 27+ stacks. this is what i was trying to avoid, not get 1 shot pretty much. is a tricky thing to do, if your healers heal too much you wont get out of that, what our healers decide to do was stop healing 1 stack so we could push, at this point i would deter just in case to not get 1 shot. we lost our shadow priest and sometimes you gota sit with a debuff for couple of hits.

highly recomended to use post haste on this fight as well, on heroic only, warlock portal isnt enough and if you are engineer and rely on rockets boots to save you sometimes can backfire and instead wipe the raid. i was using it with disengage glyph and it was enough to go all the way to the hallway.