Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you want to get max DPS time on the boss, even Posthaste + Glyph won't be enough to save you should he target you. In any case, you can control who he fixates, and it should always be on one of your healers anyway. I tend to use disengage offensively to catch up to the Thok by the time he reaches 15-17 stacks of Blood Frenzy. If you have a druid in your raid with as free symbiosis, you can get dash as well.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2013-10-19 at 02:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    In any case, you can control who he fixates, and it should always be on one of your three healers anyway.
    I probably just missed this explanation, but how do you control who Thok fixates on?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanyti View Post
    I probably just missed this explanation, but how do you control who Thok fixates on?
    Thok prefers fixating people between a minimum and maximum range. As a hunter I simply run alongside Thok for his entire Blood Frenzy phase and I almost never get fixated. Our kill for example had 23 fixates, only 4 of which were on non-healers. 3 of those non-healer fixates were immediately after the phase started and 1 went to me near the end because I knew I could feign a 15 stack fixate.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    Thok prefers fixating people between a minimum and maximum range. As a hunter I simply run alongside Thok for his entire Blood Frenzy phase and I almost never get fixated. Our kill for example had 23 fixates, only 4 of which were on non-healers. 3 of those non-healer fixates were immediately after the phase started and 1 went to me near the end because I knew I could feign a 15 stack fixate.
    this is something i bring up during raid ppl just dont want to be doing it because they are afraid i guess. i never get it and when i get it depending how many stacks he have i just use posthaste + glyph + portal. is enough, we dont use healers on it but it make sense, specially when healers can just start running before he fixate into the hallway and dps can just follow the dino.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    - you can disengage over the wall (the same way you could disengage over Flanking Orders @ Spirit Kings)
    Anyone able to explain how to actually do this? Is the idea to disengage through them while they aren't attacking? (I am guessing based on googling disengage on Spirit Kings).

Last night I tried to disengage over a bad placed set, was going from near the entrance down the hill, tried to jump and disengage over them and although I appeared to be over the top of them I was killed.

I noticed two things this week while fighting paragons; one definite, the other I'm not sure and hopefully won't have to test again.

First, don't take posthaste during the paragons fight. If you get caught under mesmerize and disengage, the speed increase will increase your speed to the Kunchong. That mistake did lead me to seeing something else I'm not sure has been mentioned. Due to the increased speed, I was on my way to being one shot by the kunchong and used deterrence because, well why not? I went right through the kunchong, didn't appear to take any damage and the kunchong didn't transform.

Now, for the second, maybe there was a bug? Maybe he was damaged enough at the last possible second to the point I didn't even notice despite staring right at him? It sure looked like deter completely negated it though.

I believe the kunchongs devour anyone who gets close, regardless of whether or not they are mesmerized. If that's true, it would mean that deterrence probably did block it, assuming you were able to keep deterrence up until you were able to get out of its hitbox. Could you tell at all if the mesmerize automatically ended when you were close enough to be eaten, allowing you to run away even if the kunchong wasn't DPSed? Somehow I suspect not, and if anything the deterrence probably just allowed you to stay alive long enough for your raid to break the mesmerize, but it would be worth knowing.

What I do know is that I was mesmerized, I disengaged, posthaste kicked in and I found myself going rather quickly toward the Kunchong. I was going quickly enough (and dps was turning to the kunchong slowly enough) that I was certain I was done and only prayed that maybe deterrence would mitigate enough damage to keep me from being one shot. It is possible the mesmerize was broken right at the last second. That being said, I'd been eaten once before last week and I noticed at that time it seemed I got eaten while still a couple yards away, and not right on top of the kunchong. I used deterrence when I was a few yards from the kunchong, went through him, and was at full hp with mesmerize over.

I agree with you completely in that this doesn't seem legit or intended. And in a perfect world, even if it was intended to work like this, it wouldn't be needed as dpsing the adds enough isn't difficult. For obvious reasons, I'm not keen on recreating the event. However, if I find myself in a similar situation, I'll certainly test it again and I'd appreciate anyone else doing the same. Basically, it's either a matter of perfect timing on multiple counts or deter being rather op in this lone circumstance.

Did they fix asembly line ? Some ppl say they hotfixed it so we cant disingage from pipe anymore, rogues cant shadowstep etc... I tryed last night on our hc progress and it looked like im hiting some invisible wall or some shit. Just wanted to check did anyone tested it in last few days ?

As of Saturday, you could still disengage from the pipes onto the belt. And numerous means will get you from the belt back to the platform.

On Thok you can use Tranquilizing Shot to remove the Kor'kron Jailer's Enrage (not a huge deal), but on heroic Thok, you can use Widow Venom to reduce the healing Thok receives by ~2% when he eats the prisoners at the end of P2.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Did they fix asembly line ? Some ppl say they hotfixed it so we cant disingage from pipe anymore, rogues cant shadowstep etc... I tryed last night on our hc progress and it looked like im hiting some invisible wall or some shit. Just wanted to check did anyone tested it in last few days ?
    Definitely still worked on Sunday.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    So last week I figured... " I'm going to drop the disengage distance glyph for the heal one, since my Disc priest is mad at me..."

Well, that didn't work and I hit the 'invisible wall' you're talking about. I put Disengage glyph back on, and was able to get onto the belt.

Lesson to be learned... Give your Disc priest Cupcakes before raid!

Deleted
    How do you disengage onto the belt exactly? My guild is progressing quite nicely through SoO and I'd like to help them by solo'ing the belt (if it's still possible ofc) Can somepony please explain?

on-topic: I'll give deterrencing Kunchongs a try tonight and will confirm if we can indeed Deterrence the damage, would be epic if we could .

Quote Originally Posted by Ishilien View Post
    How do you disengage onto the belt exactly? My guild is progressing quite nicely through SoO and I'd like to help them by solo'ing the belt (if it's still possible ofc) Can somepony please explain?
    After spending thousands of hours in paint: http://i.imgur.com/FNxbK2x.jpg

Yellow bit = run here, green bit = disengage. If you prefer left side, you can run on the left side too.

Hippa

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    If you prefer left side, you can run on the left side too.
    The possibilities are endless!

After spending thousands of hours in paint: http://i.imgur.com/FNxbK2x.jpg

Yellow bit = run here, green bit = disengage. If you prefer left side, you can run on the left side too.
    The rendering time alone boggles the mind.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    The rendering time alone boggles the mind.
    The things I sometimes do for people...

Hippa

The things I sometimes do for people...
    Was just joking with you. Sometimes simplicity is the most effective tool. I liked your drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by thejeremyftw View Post
    Was just joking with you. Sometimes simplicity is the most effective tool. I liked your drawing.
    I know. I was merely running with the joke, but perhaps it wasn't as well presented as I hoped.

Hippa