Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    On H Seigecrafter I followed the petpassive advice and it worked perfect 100% of the time. If your pet is on passive mode, and you make it attack the boss before jumping on/in the tube, it will teleport to your side if you hit petpassive again. If you forget to make it attack boss in between belts (if you're handling every belt) it will follow you on the tube and get stuck. When we were trying positioning the boss far away some times it would despawn, simply call your pet on the belt.

Thanks for that tip, it was driving me mad.

As for getting onto the belt, as the poster above mentioned you can jump into the pipe with debuff and disengage mid-air when you are ejected and you will land on the belt (with and without glyph). I did this for a while and it works for moonkin disengage too. You do take a fair bit of fall damage but with Spirit Bond you will heal up enough in between belts that you don't need a spirit beast or any external heals. I prefer to just disengage off the tube myself.

Would someone try assisting me in condensing the siegecrafter pet tip? I cannot seem to make it concise enough.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Would someone try assisting me in condensing the siegecrafter pet tip? I cannot seem to make it concise enough.
    Either do one of the following 3

1) Send pet to attack boss. You may have to move away a bit to be within range to send pet.

2) Toggle Pet assist/passive/defensive via macro or by keybinds. Pet should become unstuck, teleport to you, and then teleport to your target if you're spamming KC as well.

*I wonder if you could just add assist/passive/defensive to kill command macro, and /petattack to the other abilities for just this fight and never have to worry about it.. hmm.

3) Dismiss pet and call pet. Priest levitate will help with being able to dismiss while on conveyor belt. If you don't have a priest in the group, then you can early disengage safely on all but 2 and even those you can disengage, and hug very close to the pipe to avoid the sawblades. Dismiss pet and win.

maybe type a post and make a link from the mainpost to that post for siegecrafter?

For Siegecrafter, an easy way to deal with your pet is to just create a hotkey for the follow command. If it runs away due to damage, hit it and he will come back to you.... easy. You also want to make sure you have /petattack macro'ed into one of your shots so your pet attacks again when on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Savedwow View Post
    Either do one of the following 3

1) Send pet to attack boss. You may have to move away a bit to be within range to send pet.

2) Toggle Pet assist/passive/defensive via macro or by keybinds. Pet should become unstuck, teleport to you, and then teleport to your target if you're spamming KC as well.

*I wonder if you could just add assist/passive/defensive to kill command macro, and /petattack to the other abilities for just this fight and never have to worry about it.. hmm.

3) Dismiss pet and call pet. Priest levitate will help with being able to dismiss while on conveyor belt. If you don't have a priest in the group, then you can early disengage safely on all but 2 and even those you can disengage, and hug very close to the pipe to avoid the sawblades. Dismiss pet and win.
    Those are all different methods of getting your pet up the conveyor belt, correct? If so, which is the fastest and the most efficient?

Quote Originally Posted by shanattah View Post
    maybe type a post and make a link from the mainpost to that post for siegecrafter?
    I might have to do a spoiler thing. Going to another post would just make people avoid the tip as I see it.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Those are all different methods of getting your pet up the conveyor belt, correct? If so, which is the fastest and the most efficient?
    Yeah these are tips to get your pet on the belt, otherwise it will often become stuck and can easily cause a wipe.

Here's what I do, someone may have a faster/more efficient method:

Keep pet on passive. Force pet to attack Blackfuse each time before getting in/on the pipe. Press pet passive again when you land on the belt and it will teleport to your side.

Quote Originally Posted by DekyD View Post
    Aspect of the iron hawk works great to survive the Iron prison on Dark shamans heroic, it makes you survive with 10% health and lets you save your deterrences for falling ashes or other necessary incoming high damaging abilities.
    I love my Disc Priest, shields me, I take zero damage.

What I personally do for Heroic Seigecrafter, as I do full time conveyor belt with disengage, is I will Dismiss and re-summon my pet every time I get on and off the belt. This will limit you as you will need enough time to cast dismiss pet between each time you disengage onto the belt so you need to kill the weapon somewhat quickly. I will call my pet as soon as I land onto the main platform and then cast dismiss pet and return to near the edge of the pipe. I do pretty much 0 dps on the boss until we decide to burn, but that is largely dependent on where we position the boss. For several power phases mainly the ones where magnet is empowered, I will take the tube rather than risk a disengage. I never have a conflict of debuffs on those particular times.

If that first hit of explosive shot is a crit does that mean the whole dot will be crit?

No, each tick of ES crits independently of each other. Just like all DoTs. Crit would be massively OP in DoT specs if the first tick determined the crit-ness of the subsequent ticks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefiyre View Post
    What I personally do for Heroic Seigecrafter, as I do full time conveyor belt with disengage, is I will Dismiss and re-summon my pet every time I get on and off the belt. This will limit you as you will need enough time to cast dismiss pet between each time you disengage onto the belt so you need to kill the weapon somewhat quickly. I will call my pet as soon as I land onto the main platform and then cast dismiss pet and return to near the edge of the pipe. I do pretty much 0 dps on the boss until we decide to burn, but that is largely dependent on where we position the boss. For several power phases mainly the ones where magnet is empowered, I will take the tube rather than risk a disengage. I never have a conflict of debuffs on those particular times.
    We just got our first HC blackfuse kill on 10m this week and I am also on every belt and I've found that if you enter the first belt and every other belt thereafter normally (so jump in one of the pipes), and only do the disengage trick on every other belt, you only need to dismiss your pet for the belts that you will be disengaging on. This saves some valuable time and is also helpful so you can plan how to get to the next belt safely. At least with the kill order we have ( we prioritize mines ) this also lines up pretty well so I should always be safe while dismissing on the main platform. The only difficulty is before the fourth belt where there will be overcharged fire on the ground and missiles going off, so you need to watch your position carefully.

But like I said, if you go onto the belt normally (I manually summon pet asap still, tho I don't think that is required) then your pet should be just fine. I would still recommend using a ground pet tho. I've also noticed that sometimes after disengaging onto the belt and summoning the pet a moment too soon or too close to the edge will cause the pet to slide/jump off the belt into the abyss and become bugged, so I try to always make sure that I'm not too close to the edge when summoning. This bug also seems to be different from the "pet too far, not teleporting to you" bug that can be fixed with the passive trick, as in this bug I've gotten my kill command actually goes red and switching the pet on passive and back doesn't help, or at least not nearly as often.

Quote Originally Posted by VaultD View Post
    _ SNIP _
    Dismissing your pet is dps loss, in the sense that in those 3.5 seconds you could either dps the boss or get ready on the belt. I would recommend the previous mentioned method instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    Dismissing your pet is dps loss, in the sense that in those 3.5 seconds you could either dps the boss or get ready on the belt. I would recommend the previous mentioned method instead.
    you cant call this a dps loss. if you are doing every belt you barelly get time to get ready. you can dismiss pet when you are waiting a missile to pass you and then make the run into the pipe, unless you run the belt 100% and get out right next to the belt wich i didnt, i waited on the belt until add explosión then i would disengage into main platform dismiss if i had debuff and then calculate the safe path into the pipe (fire, empowerd missile turrets), with this strat i had plenty of time to dimiss every other belt, the 1st 3 belts are cake, nothing happen on those there is barelly anything on the floor, 4th, 5th, 6th are the pain ones, most of the time i was sourounded by 2 missiles and the margin of error was around 5 yards.

if i didnt had time i wouldnt dismiss my pet, i would just spam to send it to the boss to then pray it dosnt came to me middisengage, we put the boss so far from pipes that most of the time pet would just despanw. this help me a ton.

the tip for the pet is send it to attack the boss and then once you are on the belt via disengage just hit passive 1 time, pet will apear next to you. isnt a trick really is just how pet work, you can see this behavior on others fights with platforms and stuff like that.

Anyone know first hand if AMoC/L&L'ed ES build up Nazgrim's rage during his Defensive Stance?
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Anyone know first hand if AMoC/L&L'ed ES build up Nazgrim's rage during his Defensive Stance?
    Crows most certainly does, and I've started playing BM on that fight more often than not, as pet can do whatever it wishes on that fight. Can't say first hand about the procced ES, but I'm relatively certain that it will build rage just as usual ES would.

The way Crows works in general is rather silly, I wish it was either a pure dot or a pure pet mechanic, but alas we have something in between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    Dots do trigger the rage, if they're applied DURING defensive stance, but if you apply them before, they wont grant any rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Dots do trigger the rage, if they're applied DURING defensive stance, but if you apply them before, they wont grant any rage.
    Aite! I just wanted to check because L&L'ed ES on heroic Immerseus doesn't grant you extra debuff stacks is all!
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

I might have to do a spoiler thing. Going to another post would just make people avoid the tip as I see it.
    Most efficient? If there is a priest that can levitate, then getting levitate and dismiss pet. Otherwise, they are all equally fast - just whatever the player prefers. I would suggest utilizing the Toggle Pet assist/passive/defensive as a last case scenario, as it still is buggy and sometimes doesn't work.

Deleted
    From my experience Crows gives stacks of rage on Nazgrim EVEN if applied before defensive stance.