Page 1 of 34
... LastLast

Tier 16 Hunter Raiding Tips and Tricks

Feel free to contribute/add helpful information/suggestions (better thread visual aesthetics etc.) as I will not be playing this tier. I'll need help making this a good thread.

If you want to contribute, make sure you know your tip/trick works. If you are not sure please say that you are unsure. I don't want this thread to cause wipes.

General Tips
    • Disengaging before you hit the ground prevents fall damage.

Immerseus
    • Dire Beast gives you stacks of sha corruption. (Heroic only)
    • Deterrence blocks the damage from the adds hitting the boss.
    • You can use binding shot or ice trap on the sha puddles to buy some time. If you are SV, entrapment works too.
    • Abilities that "reset" don't give you stacks. With LnL the last explosive shot only gives you a stack and with kill shot the last kill shot only gives you a stack. (Heroic only)

The Fallen Protectors
    • Deterrence blocks the damage from the mark of anguish. (Bestial Wrath breaks the effect and makes the mark of anguish go onto another player)
    • Both Deterrence and Camouflage (used right before the cast) block the damage from calamity.

Norushen
    • You can safely disengage over the Blind Hatred beam. It takes some timing though.

Sha of Pride
    • Deterrence blocks the damage of corrupted fragments.
    • Pre-casting Deterrence on Corrupted Prison will negate most of the damage taken until your allies break you free.
    • You can disengage over the rifts to avoid the damage and the pride gain. (heroic)
    • Deterrence prevents the damage of the mobs in the other realm.
    • You can disengage and use aspect of the cheetah inside the other realm to help outrun the mobs.
    • You can close multiple rifts simultaneously by using disengage and going over them. (Heroic only)

Galakras
    • Binding Shot works on some of the adds. (including the bonecrushers, but would like a definitive list)
    • You can disengage back onto the tower if you are knocked off.
    • Master's Call removes the slow cast by the first boss.

Iron Juggernaut

Kor'kron Dark Shaman
    • Barrage lines up with the aoe ooze phase and should be better than glaive toss because of this. If the timing is off, fix it. Waiting a few seconds for a lot more targets is a gain than just using it on two.
    • Deterrence reduces the damage from Iron Prison You can use Aspect of the Iron Hawk (will be around 10% life) if you want to save your deterrences.(Heroic only).

General Nazgrim
    • Your pet can safely attack Nazgrim during Defensive Stance.
    • Flare can be used to reveal the Assassins
    • Binding shot stuns the adds. (would like to know more on this tip)

Malkorok
    • Disengage prevents fall damage if used before you hit the ground.
    • Spirit Bond ticks accumulate into your shield (two caveats here: you will take the same damage regardless of spirit bond being up or not and I believe it doesn't tick when you are at full health.)
    • Deterrence blocks the damage of the pools you have to soak in the first phase.
    • Master's Call removes the snare from Displaced Energy.
    • Deterrence blocks the damage of the essences, but you still lose your shield. (Heroic only)

Spoils of Pandaria
    • Deterrence blocks the damage from the bombs on the Mantid sides.
    • Nameless Windwalker Spirit's spell Path of Blossoms can be removed using Deterrence.

Thok the Bloodthirsty
    • Deterrence deflects the damage of shock blast (Heroic).
    • Widow Venom reduces the healing Thok receives by 25% whenever he eats the guy from the prison.
    • The bats that spawn out of the poison gate can be stunned by Binding Shot. (Heroic)

Siegecrafter Blackfuse
    • You can Deterrence the fire that the laser creates and not take any damage or gain any stacks of superheated.
    • As a last resort, you can use Deterrence to run through the fire lasers that kill you on the conveyor belt.
    • You can use Deterrence to block the overload damage from shredders
    • To get your pet onto the conveyor belt: Keep your pet on passive. Force pet to attack Blackfuse each time before getting in/on the pipe. Press pet passive again when you land on the belt and it should teleport to your side.

Paragons of the Klaxxi
    • If you aren't specced into Posthaste (makes you go to the mob faster), you can Disengage during Mesmerize to add some time (it doesn't go the full distance).
    • You can now use Feign Death on Aim and it will cancel, doing no damage to you or anyone else. You remain rooted for the normal duration though.

Garrosh Hellscream
    • Deterrence blocks the damage from the siege engineer's iron stars (the aoe things that swipe half the room)
    • Deterrence blocks the damage of Garrosh's Annihilate.
    • Deterrence blocks the damage of Garrosh's Whirling Corruption.
    • If you are using A Murder of Crows, time it with Garrosh's multiple ~20% health phases so you can get increased AMoC uptime.
    • Scatter Shot and Counter Shot can be used to interrupt the Farseer Wolf Rider's Chain Heal.
    • The stun from Binding Shot works on the Embodied Doubts in the jade temple room. (Heroic only)
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2014-03-18 at 10:58 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Although clunky, a glyphed Explosive Trap could help knock the adds back into the Iron Star on the Garrosh Fight.

I also wonder if it would be beneficial to pick up Powershot for this fight for the knockback in phase 1. I know a Druid's Typhoon or a Demo Lock's Carrion Swarm would probably be better than any Hunter using a knockback. But hey, every bit counts.

Can confirm mine soaking from last time I tested it on 25 man

Can confirm detter works on both Iron juggernaut's mines+garrosh's iron stars

Deterrence works on the whirl on Immerseus to prevent damage and knockback.

Ashen Wall on Kor'kron Shaman is deterrable.

Several Pet QOL issues exist as well.
    <Washed Up Scrubs> - Mal'Ganis (US)
    Visit my stream! I stream every night starting at 9 PM EST.
    Also, be sure to visit my YouTube channel!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoils:
    -Deterrence deflects the damage from the bombs on the Mantid sides.

Updated everything, thanks.

Can we use deterrence to soak residual corruption and not gain personal corruption on Norushen?

Deterrence completely dodge the Aim on Paragons of the Klaxi (on LFR at least but should be true for all difficulties)

Deleted
    Kor'kron Dark Shamans
    - you can disengage over the wall (the same way you could disengage over Flanking Orders @ Spirit Kings)

Malkorok
    -disengage after being launched in the air will prevent any fall damage
    -Spirit Bond is powerhouse for building up shield

does deterrence work against inferno strike from the 2nd boss? it's during the desperate measures for rook embodied sorrow

edit

also anyone have problems with pet despawning on the first boss? it happened multiple times for me

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    does deterrence work against inferno strike from the 2nd boss? it's during the desperate measures for rook embodied sorrow

edit

also anyone have problems with pet despawning on the first boss? it happened multiple times for me
    Happened about 5 times one try as BM, so I switched to Survival. Only noticed it once as Surv.

inferno strike is 100% avoidable just like lei shen.

rocksteadee were you using blink strikes or amoc?

Does that mean you can deterrence it?

rocksteadee were you using blink strikes or amoc?
    Blink Strikes with both, but we improved our strategy during the try or 2 I was survival and were less spread out/had less running around so that may have had something to do with it as well.

You can deterrence that beam from Norushen encounter

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoa View Post
    You can deterrence that beam from Norushen encounter
    Could you elaborate please? What beam and does it completely negate the damage?

Deleted
    In "normal" realm, he does the some kind "beam of death" (something like Durumu's one, just boss is not "locked", he continues to attack). You can simply Deterrence it and take no damage at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsoni View Post
    In "normal" realm, he does the some kind "beam of death" (something like Durumu's one, just boss is not "locked", he continues to attack). You can simply Deterrence it and take no damage at all.
    Ok thanks.